V 5.5

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I was Wondering If I should get V5.5...I mean I have V5 and I really like it. Is V 5.5 worth buying, if so I would like to get it! Can you Plz tell me what you think about it and if you think its worth my time. I would really like some info on it! Thanx for reading! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I had two v5s and now a v5.5, and I really like it.

- There are six new games (four in the first generation) which I personally all enjoy. Plus, you now get gorgeous 700 GP for winning a game, not just 100 GP like in the v5!, which makes saving up for buying items much less frustrating!

- I love the new characters, I'm currently working on getting a Royal Family :>

What else: there are no item codes out yet (which can be seen positive or negative); I personally find the contrast even worse than on the v5, but that can also be because I have the "Purple with hearts v5.5"-version which has a very prominent background picture. When playing games, you get to play with not only your middle character but one randomly chosen out of the three. Um... there are several new "screensaver"-animations, the training possibilities (which come up when you answer a training call) are different; many items are new, and of course the "special items" (those filling up three hearts at once or raise bonding) are all different from the v5. (I'm glad to have bought a dollhouse for 9900 GP so I can raise bonding now and get a character that will start my Royal Family :D ).

As for me, I don't regret having bought a v5.5... and yeah. That's it from me. :> Whether you want to buy it or not, you have to decide for yourself in the end.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the V5.5 the absolute newest one on the market? I got mine about two weeks ago, and after reading through the forums, I'm confused at which one I own. But from your information... I think I have the refresh version. Mine has a picture of popcorn and movie stuff on the front... And the family has grown to be "Model Family," with all of its members Modelchi (stick people, basically).

I have another quick question... how is the Memory function supposed to work? (Book > Memory) The instructions said that my previous generations should have shown up in this feature, but whenever I choose it, it doesn't work. I'm on Gen 2 right now.

Thanks a bunch!

Back to the OP... (sorry for hijacking your post). 5.5 is pretty cool... I like it a lot. Though, some of the codes given from winning the games on the CD that comes with it doesn't work for some reason. After a while of not playing with Tamagotchis (my last one being a V2), 5.5 is a nice thing to return to. :p Many new things added. I love it~!

I don't really agree with the V5.5. I do not think it would be good invesment, in my case anyways. Though people have different points of view.

If you already have the v.5 then it should be nearly, or close as the same as V5.5. The only difference between the two is that they probably have different characters and games etc. If you would truley want to get a new tama i suggest you wait for the The Next Generation,unless they stop making them.

Anyways You could do whatever you want, but I just posted my opinion!

~TP~ :p

Im getting a v5.5 REALLY soon I cant wait!!!!!But from all the stuff i herd

I think im going to EXPLODE!

My friend is going to Halifax, and they have Toys R Us there but they don't have one here, and her mom and my mom agreed to get me a V5.5 YAY KELSIES MOM! AND MY MOM! :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back