V4 Hints and Tips

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TamaSweetie

Reaction score
Here are some V4 hints and tips:

1. Use your Tama as an alarm clock!

Set the time before you go to bed so the fortune cookie mail arrives at approximately the time you want to get up next morning (the fortune cookie mail arrives 1 minute after your Tama wakes up. It will beep long enough). For example, if you have a Mametchi that wakes up at 8am but you want to get up at 7, set the clock 1 hour forward. Keep it close to your pillow and LEAVE THE SOUND ON! For ppl who take their Tams 2 bed with them. If you get up at really hectic times like 7:20 or 6:45 it might require some mathematical calculation xD

2.Raising friendship levels

Finding it hard to raise friendship levels? The bouquet/ring/chocolate you receive from the king is the key! You can also get the chocolate in the shop on February 18-20. When your fortune cookie has 3 stars for love, the king will send you a bouquet or ring some time during the day. If you wrap and give it to another Tama, your friendship will increase by one level on the gift receiver's friend list, unless both Tamas are of the same gender or not yet adults and the friendship level is already four faces. Do so repeatedly, sending the gift to each other until their friendship is at desired level (if both Tamas are adults at or over the age of 4 and are of different genders, they can mate at only four faces, not necessarily four hearts). If your Tama who is giving the present cannot use the present function because it says 'sorry list full', when you connect, press button B into connect on the Tama receiving the present first on present, and for the giver, either 'game' or 'visit' would be fine, it would end up as present. You do NOT have to press button B on it because it will automatically connect. This also works with chocolate but only once.

3. Hidden hungry/happy hearts

Every Tama has two hidden hearts after their visible four, which means if your stats are full, you can still feed your Tama two meals before it refuses to eat any more. Sometimes when you time out your Tama, it will lose a happy heart, but other times you wouldn't. Many believe that it is due to the training level, but it is actually because sometimes, its invisible hearts are filled in, and other times they aren't, so sometimes you will be emptying one of the invisible hearts. So, a Tama actually has 6 hearts, not 4!

4. Keys to happiness

Feeding the character's favourite food or steak will fill out two happy hearts, feeding turkey will fill three, and yoghurt will fill four. I'm not yet sure about the cake. Also, if you let it go to the toilet before it poops on the ground (when it has the ~s on its sides), it fills out two happy hearts, but if you don't and let it poop, the happy hearts will empty out one.

5. Difference between a glitch and a programming error

A glitch is something caused usually by unexpected errors in the system after manufacturing, such as the matchmaker glitch and a ball glitch. But things like Ichigotchi weighing 0 lb and all the happy hearts emptying out after receiving points from the lamp (trust me this is not a glitch it happened to all 3 of my Tamas), those are programming errors caused simply by Bandai's workers' carelessness or deliberate actions. So don't worry if you get a little strawberry who starts shaking her head to games when she's 2 lbs - it'll be the same if you try every other Tama in the world! P.S. Ura Violetchi on V4.5 can go down to 0 lb because Bandai programmed everything for her except the image exactly the same as Ichigotchi.

6. Matchmaking gender and character

From my experience, the character the matchmaker brings to you can affect the gender of the baby. For example, whenever I marry my Tama to a universal or Meme family female, I always get a baby girl, but when I marry a Meme or Kuchi family male, I always get a baby boy. My theory has not been proven, so you are welcome to provide me more info about this particular topic. (Plus the A and B method doesn't work for me, nor does the theory that if you press when the matchmaker's mouth is open/closed you will get a girl/boy)

7. Sickness during raising babies

Many Tama owners complain about unexpected deaths, and they often die after they had a baby, but before they leave their baby to 'fend for themselves'. Sickness is usually the answer. A parent Tamagotchi will get sick at least once during the time they are looking after their children, unless they are paused a lot during the day or put on sleep most of the time. They will pass away in a short length of time if they are not given medicine. So, when your Tama has a baby, keep the sound on to hear it beep for healing!

The above information are primarily based on my personal experiences of raising three V4s up to 15th generation. If there are any mistakes please inform me. Big thanks to everyone who reads!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dat' tis' so great xD

Thankies a bunch! I wuv meh' v4

You helped meh' lots.

N' you did eh' good job ^^;

#6 helped meh' deh' most tho.

Keep it up , pweeze :3

This Is great ^.^ Thank you for the information. I appreiciate your hard work.

Thanks again and this will help me alot!

<3 V.4 Rocks!

Sorry it's Ura YOUNG Violetchi that goes down 2 0 lb.

Thanx 4 reading!!! LOVE THIS SITE!!!

Tip number 8:

I found out that the games u play as a toddler can affect the family u evolve into. 4 example if u have a Puchitchi and play more jumping rope than Mimic u will get Young Androtchi, but if u play more Mimic, you'll get a Gourmetchi. 4 some reason this trick doesn't work as well 4 Mohitamatchi, idk why...

Tip number 8:

I found out that the games u play as a toddler can affect the family u evolve into. 4 example if u have a Puchitchi and play more jumping rope than Mimic u will get Young Androtchi, but if u play more Mimic, you'll get a Gourmetchi. 4 some reason this trick doesn't work as well 4 Mohitamatchi, idk why...
thats wrong. where did you get it from?

It works for me. Once I had a Puchitchi and I played lots of Mimic and it had Intellectual points the highest and I thought it would evolve into the Mame family so I was really happy cos I wanted a Mametchi really badly. BUT IT TURNED INTO A... Gourmetchi!! Grrr... I get too much Meme family characters. On the next generation I made up this theory and it worked. I had 2 Puchitchis and played jumping rope on both of them - and they both turned into Young Androtchi! I don't mind if you don't believe in me, I won't tell you to or anything, but I think it's true. Or it's just me, or a coincidence on my Tamas. Most of them are based on my own experience anyway, I'm not like associated with Bandai or anything. (I can't be I'm like only 13) :D :) ;) = coolest characters in the world! Hanatchi too!

P.S. I'll keep providing more hints and tips :D

Tip #9: If there's a plant or spade in the shop, DON'T BUY IT. They cost 200p (100p when on sale), but the maximum Gotchi points they will give you is 50p. Unless you intend the spade to dig out a tart or the plant to grow into a sunflower to give your Tama a happy heart, don't buy a spade or plant. Plus it's very random, if the spade digs out a snake, or the plant grow into a snakehead, your Tama will lose a happy heart (keep in mind it could be one of the invisible ones). And you can always fill out happy hearts by snacks or games. Don't feed it too much snacks though, or it'll get a toothache or be overweight.

Sorry for double posting there's no edit button on my last post anymore.

Tip#10: How to tell if you disciplined your Tama correctly

If you gave your Tama time out correctly it should appear crying.

If you did so incorrectly (i.e not at the appropriate time) it should appear angry.

If your Tama gives another Tama a present which turns out as a poop or snake but you didn't have a food/item wrapped to give to the other Tama, don't time out it. It would appear angry and you won't get a training bar. However if you did have something wrapped and the Tama gives a poop or snake, it would sit at the bottom of the screen with an awkward look on its face and pointing towards itself constantly. Then you'll have to give it time out and it would cry and receive a training bar unless it already has full training. This is the only way you can increase training bars on adults and oldies as they wouldn't call for training themselves anymore. I've added a training bar to an Otokitchi who was already a mother by doing this!

Tip#11: Work & Weight

Going to work is a great way to lose weight and gain Gotchi points for adults with a job. It fills out happy hearts just like games, helps lose weight but is not limited to the weight, and gives more skill points than games so you can choose the next job easily. Playing a perfect game at work helps you lose 3 lbs, but you can still play if your Tama's weight is below 3 lbs over the base weight. If it's already at base weight, it won't lose any lbs when going to work. But if you want to balance skill points fairly evenly in all areas, also play games on your Tama that gives a different type of skill points (Shape = intellectual, Dance = arts, Flag = social). And if your parent Tama is due to leave its baby the next midnight and you want more points, play regular games instead of work because it will not be here next morning, so it cannot receive the points it got from work.

P.S. Does anyone have any info on Tip #6, the one about how the character the matchmaker brings affect the gender of the baby? It's not yet proven or anything, I haven't tested all characters.

Back