V5 Familitchi DVD help!?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShiningLion

Reaction score
Hey guys. I just bought a Tamagotchi V5 that comes with a free DVD. The DVD will not play properly on my computer since it is a UK Region (PAL) DVD and I live in the US. I've tried it on other devices too and it won't load the disc properly.

So first off, my question is, what is on the DVD? What am I missing out on? Also, is there a way to view the contents of the DVD online somewhere? Maybe on youtube?

Please help. I really was looking forward to it, but didn't realize the format was wrong (It even says "All Regions - NTSC" on the disc, but it clearly isnt)

-Lion

Last edited by a moderator:
If it says all regions then it should work. Have you tried it on a DVD player and not a pc?

I'm sure that it contains the English dub of the Movie. The movie is about a girl who gets transported to Tamagotchi Planet and is unable to get home. She meets characters and makes new friends. It's actually quite interesting. Here is a link to a more descriptive paragraph of information.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamagotchi:_The_Movie

Hi jordboss. It's definitely a PAL Region 2 DVD because I tried to play it in my PS3 and it said it does not support playback of PAL video. It starts to play on my computer but it freezes up a lot and then freezes entirely before even displaying the main DVD menu. Thanks for the info.

Huh? The disc that came with my V5 was a program disc, not a movie disc. Can you please provide a photo of the label on the disc?

Um... Did you get a Dvd and the V5? Like a V5 next to a Dvd of Tamagotchi? Like this? But the tamagotchi movie? ... rumors are its bootleg.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/RARE-BANDAI-TAMAGOTCHI-V5-ELECTRONIC-VIRTUAL-PET-NEW-CD-/120906272339?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c26934e53

I'm thinking Jordboss is talking of the Music Star Dvd?

My English V5 (Celeb) that did come with a small CD/thing... was a computer program.... thing. (That I never used because I put it away and just recently found it.)

I'm very certain the Tamagotchi Movie is online to watch. (Comes with Music Star Bundle Packs, that also include 3 tamas figures playing instruments)

The small CD thingi program might also be online too. I believe that one has tamagotchi computer themes, wallpaper... that sort of stuff.

Hey guys. I just bought a Tamagotchi V5 that comes with a free DVD. The DVD will not play properly on my computer since it is a UK Region (PAL) DVD and I live in the US. I've tried it on other devices too and it won't load the disc properly.

So first off, my question is, what is on the DVD? What am I missing out on? Also, is there a way to view the contents of the DVD online somewhere? Maybe on youtube?

Please help. I really was looking forward to it, but didn't realize the format was wrong (It even says "All Regions - NTSC" on the disc, but it clearly isnt)

-Lion
Aaaaaaaah... I bought my version 5 and it came with a DVD! I live in Australia, so it probably wouldn't work outside Australia... :(

Anyway, the DVD is an activity DVD and it contains nine activities such as mini-games,short animations (but the Tamagotchis talk in gibberish XD), or Tama tips. Some of the games include at football game, a jumping rope game, and a find-a-tama game. There is also a TV shopping feature where you are given a code and you can input it on your version 5 to get the item at a cheap price.

Also, when you win some of the mini-games, you will be given a code for a free item.

It's actually quite fun, and it works on both my computer and television. I'm sorry to hear it doesn't work for you, but if you want any more information about it I'd be glad to help! :D

Yes Eternal Mametchi Fan, that is what it should be. The packaging says it has games on it. It starts to load the menu but it is all jumpy and I cannot get it to work. Upon looking further, the bottom of the DVD disc has some strange cloudy markings in the silver part, almost as if it has been damaged by water or heat or something that affected the actual written part under the protective clear plastic coating. It looks like the disc itself is botched. :(

This is the version I have. https://www.e-life.yo..._5_mametchi.jpg

I really want to play the DVD games! :(

Hmm...0.o If it's messed up because the actual DVD is ruined, maybe you should try wiping it down with a cloth and see if it works better. It might be some kind of dirt. If you like, I can take some screenshots of the games and stuff. :) I hope you find a solution. ;)

Good news! I got it working!

I had tried rubbing off the weird cloudy looking stuff with t shirt cloth before but it wouldn't come off so I figured it was underneath the protective coating and that the disc was permanently damaged. Today though I got a microfiber cloth that is used for cleaning camera lenses and rubbed it down and the weird stuff came off! It works now, on my computer at least. :D

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back