Valentines Day

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilby

Reaction score
So I have been talking to my friends and people seem to have mixed opinions when it comes to Valentines Day.

Personally I think it is something fun for new couples, but after a while I think it can end up causing more stress and money than it is worth.

But maybe it is important to have a special day once a year to show you're special someone how much you care.

What do you guys think? Depressing? Silly? Special? Too Commercial? Have we lost sight of it being a day about love and instead it is now a day about who loves their squeeze more or who gets more valentine cards?

Well, back in the day [JK-6th grade] it was about cake, candy, etc.

Now it's another day of the year with the phrase "Happy Valentine's Day."

I think I'm not into it this year is because I have no money to buy my mom anything she deserves, as well as buying my best friends anything. It's kind of a downer, I feel guilty because I KNOW I'll get something, and have nothing to show them I care.

That's why I'm not too into V-Day. I think it's special, I just don't have the money to afford anything.

I can't get into the spirit. It's when my best friend's dad died, so he is all bummed out.

It kind of stinks this year because I have no gifts to show my parents and friends that I care for them. I already KNOW my bff got me a candygram and is making me a valentine card, and I don't have anything for her.

valentines day is speacail, to me, its the day were love is in the air, i personally dont care about, flowers and candies on that day, just the feeling u get, its the day were every one tells there secret crushes that they like them, and usually the secret crush likes them back too, its so cute, and my valentine keeps asking me if he should get me somthing and i always say "no its ok i really dont want anything" and he thinks im just doing that thing girls do were thay SAY they dont want anything but they really DO want somthin, the truth is i DONT want somthing lol :blink:

I'm not a big fan of Valentine's Day. Besides, I've been sick on Valentine's Day for the past 5 years. I'm sick right now.

In my school (Or my old school), valentines day was like a normal day to us. Nothing happens.

Well in my opinion, if you care about someone so much, why show or tell them today? Whats wrong with any other day of the year?

At my school Valentines Day is a big fundraiser for the end of year celebrations for the grade 12's. They make Valentines Cards and other stuff which is delivered around the school to people who have been given them. Most people hate it though, because a lot of pranks are pulled. Last year Megan was sent a rose by her friends as a joke, and when she found out she was really upset and wanted to go home. This year a few of my male friends are pulling a joke on Ben and they are going to send him a card :D Hopefully it doesn't end in as much drama as last year :rolleyes:

Well today is Valentine's Day, so I'll see if I get anyting from a secret admirer ;)

I don't have a strong opinion for Valentine's Day, but I'm happy I have someone to celebrate it with <3!

My friend thinks Valentine's Day is a day for friends and couples to come together in happiness and celebrate their love and friendships with one and other. She thinks its nice to see other people happy for once beside herself ~

I really feel bad. I have nothing to give to make parents and friends to show them I care. To me Valentine's day is a day that gets rubbed in your face that you don't have a boyfriend or girlfriend. Its a normal day.

In England. I think Valentines Day has just crossed the line of being too comercial.

But, its a bit of fun thoughh ;) .

Im not seeing my 'valentine' till saturday though. :]

x

Valentine's day is ok...

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Valentines Day! ~

I think it's a great day for both singles and couples!

I think it's a bright cheerful day to celebrate with your friends or the ones you love!

I remember Valentines Day in grade eight! I spent the whole day with my friends. And we were all single.

And we just spent time exchanging cards and gifts! And we pigged out on Chocolate!

And I remember that last year in Grade nine was fun too! My high school every Valentines day hang up hearts around the school with every students name on it.

So me and my friend always have this competition to find each others heart first!

It's always so fun. Then we gloat about it when we find someone else's heart first!

And this year...I totally wanna stick out! And show my passion for Valentines DAY!...And my HUBBY! :D ~

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a lil' excited for valentines day.

I use to hate it because my birthday is in Febuary[[3rd]], and for my birthday i'd get all sorts of valentines stuff 'cuz thats jsut what the stores had.

Buuut. Then i got over that a looooong time ago, haha. I love the cupcakes and suuuch.

And it gets waay better when you have a boyfriend =D

So tomarrow should be good.

I'm also gonna hatch a v4 tama tomarrow, haha.

Im sorry to hear that Mametchi_411.

Thanks for your thoughts everyone. Very interesting to hear so many opinions!

I'ma Make sumthin special for my Valentine and my little 'clique' Honestly, its just gunna be a wolfie.. xD Then again I hang out with guys, so... xD Strange. But as I said, My valentines Dad died on tomorrow... x.x He willa be bummed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back