Various questions from a new owner/fan

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LibraSweets

Reaction score
After oodles of lurking on Tamatalk, I've finally decided to make an account :( So I have a few questions for Tama veterns or just general fans-

1. I was wondering if I should buy V5 or Music Star. Can anyone tell me their personal preference/pro+cons for each tama?

2. Is there a website for good tama deals? Amazon.com, the one I bought my 4.5 with, was pretty pricey when it came to the newer generations

3. Same with Tamagotchi color- is it possible to buy it at a reasonable price? I'm all for full-color tamagotchi, but $90+? Yikes!

4. Where can I buy new batteries for my tama? Any general store?

Thanks ahead of time! :mellow:

[SIZE=14pt]ooh- the last three:[/SIZE]

2. 5 and below! where ever you can find it, it really is a store, but hey, all tamas there are 5 dollars!

3. yes yes yes. look where ever, its ok to say no smetimes if that helps.

4. you can buy batteries at walmart, target, or any other famous grocerie store.

Personally, My vote on your first question, is a music star FTW. Regarding the V5 and V5.5, raising three tamagotchi in one shell just seems artificial, without that "old school" tamagtochi feel. Not to mention, (i used to own one but gave it to my sister after the first generation) only one tamagotchi actually "eats" and the other two imitate the other's every move. I used to dub them "Tamagotchi Nazis" because the Nazi's unquestioningly imitated their leader(hitler).

Not to mention on the V5 you can't name your individual characters!(its been over a year, but I only rmember picking out a username... :(

The Music star, on the other hand, allows you to name your tama, raise it as a single child, has relatively unconfusing games, has a better Tamatown feature(you can do a ton more than the V5's "tama expo"...). If you want, you can find, even if you don't own a music star, you can still do a lot more on TT with a music star than you can without a V5 on the expo. If you plan on using tamatown a lot, I reccomend getting a login password(from a TAMA not an account!!!) from someone for a V5 and a Music star. Then you can take a look at your preference for that.

But my overall favorite is not an american tama, but the entama/uratamas. They are fairly similar to the V4's and V4.5's.

The V3 was probably the best american version released, because you could still get your pet goodies and such BUT didn't have the hubub of school and such. They were in essense, spoiled pets, not humans... :)

Note that these are my OPINIONS. You may prefer raising three nameless pets, or even tama EXPO over the Music Star's Tamatown. But I DEFINENTLY reccomend checking out both tamatowns before you make any decision and spend your money! ;)

Thanks for your feedback! :p

Patchi -> Unfortunately there is no Five&Below in Texas, but I'll keep looking :D And thanks! I bought some batteries earlier today~

Miso -> Really?? I thought you were feeding and caring for each tama indiviually! What a drag :lol: And I really like TamaTown, so I think Music Star is the way to go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back