Vasovagal Syncope...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tama815

Reaction score
Hi, I was just wonder if anyone hear has ever heard of vasovagal syncope (vase-o-vay-gull sin-cope-ee, a lot of people don't know how to pronounce it by looking at text). Vasovagal syncope is a condition that causes you to faint a lot. I was recently diagnosed with this and I wanted to know if anyone else has it or has had it.

Basically, the condition causes the person who has it to faint, quite often. The vagus nerve, which I don't know too much about, but it has to do with the heart, triggers something in the body that causes the blood vessels in the legs to dialate and all the blood flows to the legs. This makes it hard for your heart to pump blood to the brain and then causes said person to just... pass out. Once laying down the person generally comes to within seconds or minutes.

In the past four months I have fainted about 4 times, all in school, all resulting in me having to be transported to the hospital by ambulance because I hit my head. In my life I have fainted 9 times, but just recently it has started to get bad. I can tell you more about it if you want, but that is just a breif overview.

I just wanted to know if anyone here has experienced this condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back