Vegetarians...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tama_girl7777777

Reaction score
Just like to know How many TT members are vegetarian? I am. :lol:

[SIZE=11pt]Edit: TamaMum[/SIZE]

Heads Up <_<

The last Vegetarianism thread was closed because people couldn't keep the discussion polite or respectful of each others opinions. A few negative karma points were earned too :ph34r:

Any hint of the same behaviour in this thread will get it closed down.

Thanks for understanding :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
I eat meat.

You can still eat meat and support animals and help them. There isn't a limit or a barricade to this. I don't mind if people are Vegan or Vegetarians, as long they don't shove it in my face that I should become one.

I am not.I don't see a reason to be one. Eating meat gives you protein and makes you big and strong ;D
Unfortunately, meat is not the only edible substance containing protein. I enjoy eating eggs; I enjoy eating tofu; I don't particularly enjoy eating meat.

I am a vegetarian, I don't shove it in people's faces, though. I have been insulted for being one though, which I think is wrong, because I can have my own beliefs, but she called me a name because she wanted to be a vegetarian and I showed her a website, the same one with the 'Meet your meat' video.

It's upsetting sometime to know that some people challenge being different. One of my friends, over and over 'you don't get enough protein' well obviously I do, I'm walking and I am fully capable of slapping you right now, :D

i went vegan for about a month..then i realized i couldn't live without my chicken. :D plus my mom didn't want to keep buying special foods for me. :(

Noooo.... I love meat too much. It's the food cycle. The natural way of life. Did I mention I love meat? God.... some scrambled eggs, bacon, and toast smothered in butter sound good now......

A friend of mine is vegetarian, so while I'm at her house or when she's over, I mostly don't eat meat just as not to make it seem disrespectful because she doesn't shove it in my face, so I don't like to wave it in front of her's. I know it's not necessary, but to me, it seems more polite.

I'm not completely vegetarian, but I am convincing my mom to let me. She's agreed to buy frozen meals from the store next time we go shopping that have no meat, but are sort of immitations. Like not-so-chicken nuggets and corn dogs by Morning Star, which still has protein.

* Removed - this forum is for any mature and sensible discussions - no exceptions, no excuses. Please do not post insults on any of the TamaTalk forums *

[SIZE=12pt] I am vegetarian, but some people laugh because I only have been for about 6 days, but you have to be at 6 days some point. . . I have a few reasons why I am, but it doesn't really matter because not everyone believes the same things. I do eat fish though, mainly because I still need protein and I'm pretty sure most vegetarians do because fish is a different type of meat, I don't know though. =][/SIZE]

NO!! I dont think people should become vegans or vegitarains for reasons like:

1: I need to lose weight.

(no offense, people how are vegans or veg., Maybe you did it because you had to, or some other reason. I respect it.)

Some times, those people don't get enough nourishment that the meat-eaters get, but, people are free to do what they want to.

=)

* Removed - this forum is for any mature and sensible discussions - no exceptions, no excuses. Please do not post insults on any of the TamaTalk forums *
Just because you say no offense doesn't mean offense won't be taken as you're telling them they should be ashamed of themselves for something they're not doing themselves, because eating and killing are not the same thing. There's quite a signifigant difference, I would say. And others shouldn't be ashamed of doing the same thing to cows, pigs, chickens.. Livestock in general? It's not only the Japanese. :)

My mother doesn't like the idea of me becoming vegetarian, but I don't eat fish anyway, and meat.. It just doesn't appeal to me. I'd rather eat greens, fruits, and find other ways to get protein.

I am partially vegetarian. I tried going completely straight, no meat, & I was doing fine, but my parents forced me to eat meat. :) I had gone about 2 weeks. They don't think that it's healthy for me at my age.

I do not eat red meat though... I've never liked beef as it is. No hamburgers, hot dogs, tacos, sausage... none. Every now & then I'll eat chicken, but really the only meet I enjoy is turkey for lunch sandwichs & bacon.

Which my parents no longer buy bacon because, "it's too fatty." :ph34r:

So I pretty much only eat turkey.

I eat small amounts of fish though.

I love my sushi too much. ^_^

So I'm a partial vegetarian. When I go to my friends' houses they know not to give me meat. :lol:

I am partially vegetarian. I tried going completely straight, no meat, & I was doing fine, but my parents forced me to eat meat. :) I had gone about 2 weeks. They don't think that it's healthy for me at my age. I do not eat red meat though... I've never liked beef as it is. No hamburgers, hot dogs, tacos, sausage... none. Every now & then I'll eat chicken, but really the only meet I enjoy is turkey for lunch sandwichs & bacon.

Which my parents no longer buy bacon because, "it's too fatty." :ph34r:

So I pretty much only eat turkey.

I eat small amounts of fish though.

I love my sushi too much. ^_^

So I'm a partial vegetarian. When I go to my friends' houses they know not to give me meat. :lol:
I'm not a Vegetarian, but Try Turkey Bacon. It's not as fatty.

It was either turkey bacon, or vegan bacon that I tried and I hated it x.x It tasted like rubber.
I tried turkey bacon at a buffet. It had a bland and rubber taste. Geg.. It reminded me of those rubber chew toys.

I perfer real bacon.

Just because you say no offense doesn't mean offense won't be taken as you're telling them they should be ashamed of themselves for something they're not doing themselves, because eating and killing are not the same thing. There's quite a signifigant difference, I would say. And others shouldn't be ashamed of doing the same thing to cows, pigs, chickens.. Livestock in general? It's not only the Japanese. :eek:
My mother doesn't like the idea of me becoming vegetarian, but I don't eat fish anyway, and meat.. It just doesn't appeal to me. I'd rather eat greens, fruits, and find other ways to get protein.
I'm in the same boat as you, Notes.. My mother doesn't want me to become vegetarian. For a while she approved but then she changed her mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back