Vpet717's Tamagotchi attack squad

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vpet717

Reaction score
Today my two Tamagotchi Friends units arrived from Amazon. I slapped batteries in one so here we go. I haven't raised a Tamagotchi since I had my P's. That was a couple years ago. As always when activating a new model for the first time it took me awhile to get used to it. I hate the games. The only one I can play successfully is Driving but sometimes it takes me a couple tries to fill a happiness heart. I miss the simplicity and ease of the Guess Which Way game the original models had. Oh well.

I got the hang of caring for him fairly quickly. After awhile he reached the child stage, a strawberry looking critter that I remember from the original Connections. I wanted the turtle looking form. Oh well again.

He pooped a lot. A couple times I was able to catch him and make him use the crapper like a civilized electronic life form. But most of the time he left a big steaming dump on the floor. He seemed not the least bit ashamed. Rather proud actually. Reminded me of that episode of South Park where Randy attempted to beat the world record for biggest dump. This is not something my Tama can do so I hope he has no aspirations of doing so. He is only a tiny egg. Most creatures crap things bigger than him. He's never gonna top a human.

Honestly though he seems content to bounce around, eat and crap. I don't think he has any plans for his future beyond that.

Day two with my new Tamagotchi Friends unit. Some things baffle me. Sometimes he makes noise without needing anything. In older models this would mean disciplining them but that doesn't seem to be the case here. Kinda glad. I always hated the discipline aspect of older models. It's like hitting your dog when all he wants is a little attention. I always found it kind of sad.

I always seem to forget how much having a Tama around enriches my day. I tend to get them, give them away only to get more a couple years later. I would have kept my P's but he didn't work right and he ended up getting chewed up by the dog. I doubt I'll be getting rid of my two Tamagotchi Friends units. In fact I plan to get a third when I get my check in December. I doubt I'll be collecting them though. Three will be enough.

I've stocked up on special food for my Tama. Meatballs, pizza, hamburgers. Thanksgiving is coming up and for that day all he'll get is special foods. No bread. It's my way of sharing the Holiday with him.

So I figured out that pushing the third button on my TF is a means of interacting with my Tama beyond feeding and cleaning. Either he'll start tumbling or begin spawning hearts. Once I noticed him coming really close to the screen. Something I seem to recall other models doing.

He seems content. I never let his hunger or happiness hearts drop beyond one. I monitor him closely and when I can't I pause him until I can. He'll be going to bed in about ten minutes.

My Tama spent much of the day on pause. It's Thanksgiving and we have a ton of people here so I haven't been able to give him the attention he deserves. I ordered two more Tamagotchi Friends units off Amazon, both the Dalmatian pattern. I love that pattern. I'll put batteries in one and the other will be a backup much as I've done with my first two.

Unpaused my Tama right after Thanksgiving dinner yesterday. We had a huge crowd of people here. Some of which I don't know. I have social anxiety so I spent much of the time holding my Tama in my palm staring down at him to avoid eye contact. It kept me calm.

I've decided to make the attempt to collect Tamagotchis. I'm disabled due to a variety of mental problems. Electronic pets are my one coping mechanism. I used to carry a backpack filled with a variety of electronic pets everywhere I went. I did so because their presence eased my nerves and to keep them safe in case of burglary. But many places are beginning to ban backpacks. But Tamagotchis fit right in my pocket. No backpack required. So I've begun a quest to gather as many as I can. Once my other two Tamagotchi Friends units from Amazon arrive I'll have four. In January, after Christmas when I'll have more money to play with I plan to order a color Tama. Probably a mix. I'm a little nervous about importing and customs taxes and all that. My P's was purchased from an American seller on Amazon but that doesn't seem to be an option anymore either on Amazon or eBay so I'll have no choice but to import.

As for my Tama he's doing fine.I read a Tamagotchi Friends review online. The author seemed to be horrible at Tamagotchi caretaking. They complained of the Tamagotchi being too needy and they neglected it to the point it left them. And this somehow meant they were bad. No author. Tamagotchi Friends aren't bad. You're just incompetent. I've had no problems caring for my Tamagotchi Friends. Once I got good enough at the find the ice cream game to easily fill happiness hearts it became easy. He's not demanding at all. He drops a hunger heart every couple hours or so which can be taken care of in a matter of seconds. Filling a happiness heart is more time consuming since I rarely give snacks and usually opt for games but he drops one only rarely. The author of that review must have been a lazy idiot who couldn't deal with a pet rock let alone a Tamagotchi.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back