Ways to remove scratches without chimical products?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Itsumo-nana

Reaction score
Hello! :lol:

Scratches reeeally annoy me and get on my nerves! I was wondering if you pros knew a way of 'deleting' scratches on a Tamagotchi's screen and shell.

Do rubbing alcohol and nailpolish remover work?

I tried the toothpaste trick but didn't really work :S I also heard about lemon juice with something else... shampoo, maybe?

And I really don't feel like getting a chemical product like Displex that comes in such a little bottle...

Thank you very much!! :)

Nana

Last edited by a moderator:
Displex is about $5 and yes, its small, but you only need to use a little, and then you rub in on the screen in circles, and it works, and some other items may make the screen blurry or even damage it, so stick with items that work ;)

none of those will work.

and from personal experiences Displex doesnt work very will either.

It was $4. a little goes a long way. I used it about 20 times and still have more than half left.

Though It didnt work worth Shh for me. So oh well.

Some people swear by it but I'v purchased this stuff twice now from 2 different places and it didnt work.

I use my displex and it's ok. However, if you do not want it, try simple vaseline. That does the trick temporarily. ;)

Do NOT use nail polish remover. It dissolves plastic...

And displex last for a long time from my exprience but you must have patience, you have to rub it for a long time.

Jhud's right. Most people that say displex does not work don't rub the screen long enough. I use displex all the time and have never complained about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do NOT use nail polish remover. It dissolves plastic...And displex last for a long time from my exprience but you must have patience, you have to rub it for a long time.
My dad bought this sort of paste to 'remove' scratches from CDs... you rub real hard and the CD's like new after a few minutes. Safe trying it on a tama? :lol:

I'll ask him what's it called!

Do NOT use nail polish remover. It dissolves plastic...And displex last for a long time from my exprience but you must have patience, you have to rub it for a long time.
My dad bought this sort of paste to 'remove' scratches from CDs... you rub real hard and the CD's like new after a few minutes. Safe trying it on a tama? :lol:

Akso, thank you very much for the answers!! I'll try vaseline too!

Akso, thank you very much for the answers!! I'll try vaseline too!

If it's good for repairing CD's which are extremely delicate, I'd say it might be good for the display too... The worst thing that can happen is that it just won't help but I highly doubt it would damage the screen. It wouldn't be safe for CD's then. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back