Weather/Storm

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coco Boy

Designer: TamaTalk Guides Badge
Reaction score
Last night we had the worst storm I've been in.

Sequence.

1. Thunder and lightning at 8:00-9:00PM.

2. Light rain to heavy rain wit thunder and lightning. 9:15ish PM.

3. SUPER heavy rain with big thunder and a lot of lightning. 9:17ish PM.

4. HAIL, SUPER HEAVY RAIN with a LOT OF LIGHTNING. Power goes of for a second. 9:20 PM. At this time my mom, brother and I rush down to the basement with a candle and some bed stuff. My dad runs to help my next door neighbor. She is all alone with her little daughter and her husband is on a yacht. The phone line is out along with the TV and Internet.

5. At 9:30 it calms down. We go back updtsairs.

6. 10:00PM it starts.

7. 10:15 we all go to bed.

And then in the newspaper there was a funnel in the water.

The weather is horrible. It's better today.

We went through horrible weather, but it was a while back. We had tornado watches and warnings. So I went to the basement and started making houses of cards. :3

We get messed up weather here all the time, so it's nothing out of the ordinary.

Yesterday was horrible!

1. Around 5:30pm big dark clouds started to roll in.

2. 6:45ish, it started to rain heavily.

3. At 7:00, BIG CHUNKS OF HAIL BEGAN FALLING, covering the ground completely.

4. 7:20ish, it was half rain and half hail.

5. About 7:35pm, there was fork lightning, big thunder boomers, and there was a tornado watch.

6. Somewhere between 7:40pm ans 8:00pm, the winds became dangerously strong.

7. At 8:35ish, it calmed down to a steady rain.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's sounds so annoying! xD We only got like 3 little storms yesterday afternoon.

Two days ago it was the same as you Coco Boy!

8:30pm: Big scary dark cloud heading our way. xD

9pm: Starts raining

9:07pm: Small thunder

9:15pm: Louder thunder and lightening

9:30pm: Sky lost its connection. 'No satalite signal being received.' Dang it, Right when I was watching TV. xD Also thunder and lightening getting more aggressive.

10pm: heavey rain and very angry lightening and thunder. ;D

10:45pm: Becoming gentle

11pm: Thunder and rain has stop and only the flashing of lightening could be see.

And after that I fell asleep. @.@ We also had a powercut. I fell over. n.n

I wouldn't mind no power in the day but at night I don't like it. Oh yeah, and the hail got so hard we went to the basement because w thought my moms window was gonna crack, the hail was that bad.

I wouldn't mind no power in the day but at night I don't like it. Oh yeah, and the hail got so hard we went to the basement because w thought my moms window was gonna crack, the hail was that bad.
I don't remember it hailing for us but it probably did. I had my walkman up fall blast so I couldn't hear anything.

Today where I live it's raining really really hard. And thundering and lightning.

That kind of weather happens every few days in the spring/early summer where I live. We also get tornadoes along with it. I agree, it can be scary! But, at least you can take comfort in knowing that it will pass soon. Storms don't usually last very long. :marumimitchi:

Sounds terrible! I hope your ok. And it's been sunny here ^.^

Pft, that's not that bad. For like a week, every single night it would pour, then thunder and lightening and we have lost power numerous times during storms. I think storms are kinda cool though. :D

That kind of weather happens every few days in the spring/early summer where I live. We also get tornadoes along with it. I agree, it can be scary! But, at least you can take comfort in knowing that it will pass soon. Storms don't usually last very long. :huh:
Very true.. I think the last bad tornado we had was Greensburg, and that was well over a year ago.

That kind of weather happens every few days in the spring/early summer where I live. We also get tornadoes along with it. I agree, it can be scary! But, at least you can take comfort in knowing that it will pass soon. Storms don't usually last very long. :D
I live in Kansas as well =]

anyways , wow , what a scare that must have been for you. At any time were you excited ? Lol. When that happens to me I feel like im in an action movie or something. Anyways , Where I live , that happens a lot as well. You guys were smart to head to the basement.

Tama62

Wow.

We have stormy weather here all the time~

I love it.

I love nighttime weather like that! Back on April 6, maybe some of you heard about this storm (it was all over the news) Carrollton, Texas (where I live) there was a HUGE bad storm at about 3:50am.

1. I woke up at about 3:48am. I just stayed in my bed with my eyes open, I didn't know the storm was happening until the power went out.

2. I got up and then heard my phone ring. It was my dad to tell me there was a tornado heading my way

3. I went to my moms room and she was just getting up.

4. Me and my mom went into the living room where my brother was. He was awake

5. The power was out, but my mom has a power saver thing on the computer so it works even when the power is out. She checked the WeatherBug thing, but it didn't work D=

6. We opened the door and it was raining so hard, we couldn't even see our cars on the street (which wasn't very far away)

7. We saw somebody walking their dog in the storm

8. The wind was blowing VERY VERY hard.

9. It knocked down several trees in our neighborhood and part of our tree landed on our neighbors house.

yowch!!!!we had EXTREMELY bad weather in new-zealand!!!i mean when some people went fishing they DIED!!!oh no!!

but the weather had sorta cleared up though.but i live in wellington, a.k.a wet windy wellington!!and in winter(it is spring now!)the weather is HORRIBLE!!!

I've been at my cottage for 2 weeks.

The first week was great, and had alot of sunshine.

But the second week was terrible for weather.

We got thunderstorms and heavy rain everyday.

Maybe a few tornado watches here and there.

But nothing severe happened.

A couple years back, there was a small tornado near my cottage.

But that's pretty rare for Ontario.

We sometimes get funnel clouds in the northern parts, but they are never like the ones that you can get in places like Texas or Florida.

It's only 15 degrees celcius outside now.

o_O

Omg, was the size of that hail a baseball, or a little ice sphere?

We usually have flash flood warnings, last one I went through was a very extreme current. We used to have a thunderstorm warning, but I don't think it happened though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back