Weight.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plazmical Ecstasy

Reaction score
Well, today I was commenting on something, I forget what, when some kid comes up to me and says, "No offense Tara, but yesterday I noticed, you got fat."

Now, not to be rude, but he isn't the smallest kid in the world.

But really, last night I had on a tight tee shirt, and I was looking at myself in the mirror, and I looked at least a few weeks pregnant. You know, the "small bump" stage.

No, I am not pregnant.

Anyway, I just wondered, any ideas on how to lose a few pounds?

The bad thing is, I have a terrible diet.

I'm a vegetarian, but I don't actually EAT a lot, and when I do, it's something really bad.

I used to be able to do that a lot, and not gain ANYTHING, but now it's catching up, and I don't like it.

Thanks in advance <3

Kat

You are not fat. A "small bump" Doesn't mean much. I told my friend that a while ago when she was freaking out about her weight, and she said: "Shut up, Barbie! Your the skinniest one of us, how would you know how it feels?" That kinda burned. But seriously, a small bump isn't bad. And that kid is rude.

If you must, just limit your portions, and eat really slowly. Eating slow helps, trust me.

-Shakes heads in disappointment-

"Tara you got fat". And? What's bad about gaining a little pounds. [OFF TOPIC]People are sucked into thinking slim is the only and best look. Have you checked the media lately? You've notice that most people in the media are slim, and this type of stuff lowers people self esteem because they think that if they don't have that look, then it makes them feel awful about themselves.. (Bad grammar) [/OFF TOPIC]

Why would you want to lose pounds just because person commented you gaining a few pounds? Him saying that was pretty rude enough whether or he not he noticed it.. Ok.. so he isn't the smallest person. Ok. So why do you care? Vice versa back on him.

As long as you can breath normally and get by yourself then you're not fat. But if you do want to lose weight I suggest you check some health articles or whatever. Be aware of those health food impostors.

I'm sorry for making no sense. x__X

Seriously don't go on some diet just because one person said you gained weight..

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, judging from previous topics you made, gaining a few pounds should be good for you! :(

I know EXACTLY how you feel though. Sometimes I start thinking that I'm fat, because I'll turn sideways in the mirror and see my, "small bump." The truth is, there is nothing wrong with a small bump! It's healthy. You can't really have a completely flat stomach. Well, most (and healthy!) people generally don't.

Look at your hips, your waist. Is your stomach flabby? What size pants do you wear? Look at these other clues to see if you think you should lose weight. Whenever I start freaking out about my bump, I think about my pants size. I wear a size 0. How can somebody who wears a size 0 be fat? It really turns around my perspective on things, and I think the same will work for you. :)

Just think about your diet. After you eat healthy, you feel healthy! Eating good foods just naturally make you feel better about yourself. Drink lots of water. It may not nessicarily make your, "bump," go away, but it is definately good for you and will help you feel full. Sometimes it's hard, but in the morning I'll sometimes grab a banana, or an apple for snack. Once I start eating it, I don't really notice that I'm not eating potato chips or chocolate. It feels good eating good food. Once you get into the habit, it won't be that hard!

Don't focus on your figure, focus on how you feel. Chances are, if you're feeling healthy, you are healthy. You'll gain self-confidence this way, and you will soon forget your, "small bump." :)

EDIT: Typo, as usual.

Just eat healthier and exercise. Instead of maybe eating a cup of pudding, add some fruit or something to it.

Make a list of things you want to eat everyday, and follow the list, because when you are eating whateve whenever your diet is so much more uncontrolled and unhealthy.

Do you have a treadmill or something ? Because if you do, try and work out on it for 1 hour or so a day, and increase your speed each day.

Also, a little bump isn't that bad, it's not like your really fat or anything!! There are people dying of mord obeissity, just be glad you're not one of them! :ph34r:

I'm 100 pounds, and I'm 12. I am probably in the middle, leaning towards the smaller side weight-wise in my class. But I am ALWAYS eating, people always tell me "you know, I don't know why you aren't so fat, you always eat like evry second" and it's true, my teachers get mad at me for eating so much (and loudly) in class, and my lunch usually consists of (my favorite) 2 chicken wraps, a thermos of ravioli, pudding, an apple, and 3 cookies. But the good thing about me is I will eat anything, even if it is healthy. Food is food, to me.

Trust me, if I didn't do figure skating, soccer, volleyball, handball and skateboarding... I would be really fat. :lol:

Some exercise and healthier choices can control this so-called weight 'problem' of yours. :furawatchi:

Yeah that boy is rude like a boy in my class something to say about everything. A small bumb is better then being very skinny. I would'nt stress because if your not over weight then its fine. I have a bit of a bumb to :3 :furawatchi: I would do what Jamie_Rox said. I'm 7 and a half stone but I think I need to loose weight.

Ehh don't pay attention to them. If he's fatter than you he's probably jealous. I'm the skinniest of my friends. I have the flat belly but have noticed a teeny tiny bump on my belly. I'm pretty suire I'm not pregnant (man that would suck!).

I don't believe for one second that you're fat Tara. I've seen lots of pictures of you and you look skinny as anything. Don't listen to a word that idiot kid says to you. On the other hand, the question was "any ideas on how to lose a few pounds." So, I'm going to tell you what I'm sure you already know. Because it's really the best way. All you have to do is eat healthier and excercise more.

mmmk

don't eat crap (doritos, soda, etc etc)

watch your calories,fat,sugar,carbs

excercise

drink LOTS a water ( bout 2L a day )

do cruches

KTHNXBAI

That kid is rude. > :eek:

You're not fat, Tara. And I agree with what Cinderpelt said ~ most normal, averagely healthy preteen/teen girls will have this 'small bump' on their stomachs. It's not unhealthy, or fat, it's just the way stomachs look. But it's very easy to be deceived when you've got perfect-looking airbrushed supermodels showing off their flat stomachs in their little skimpy bikinis.

In reality, nobody looks like that.

I looked in the mirror a couple of days ago and had my self esteem shattered a considerable amount when I saw the pregnant-looking bump on my tummy. But now, two weeks later, after doing a few stomach exercises every night, I look in the mirror and my stomach has improved loads, and got to its healthiest yet. Surprise, surprise, there's still a small bump.

And I'm fine with that. :]

Just try and exercise a tiny bit more (it's really not hard, 20 situps per night worked for me!) and start to love your body.

Yeah that boy is rude like a boy in my class something to say about everything. A small bumb is better then being very skinny. I would'nt stress because if your not over weight then its fine. I have a bit of a bumb to :3 <_< I would do what Jamie_Rox said. I'm 7 and a half stone but I think I need to loose weight.
OFF TOPIC: You are 7 years old?!?!

^ No, she weighs 7 and a half stone.

Anyway, everyone has a bump on their stomach. if you need to lose weight, just try and eat healthily and don't eat too much junk. :hitodetchi:

As long as you are healthy, I'm sure you're fine.

But you said you do eat junk, so I would tell you just instead of eating vegetarian junk, eat something better instead.

Don't be obsessed with your weight, though, trust me;).

OFF TOPIC: You are 7 years old?!?!
xDDD She was referring to her weight.

Anyway, I agree with Miss Matchmaker that you shouldn't let how much you weigh occupy your thoughts so much. Only think about it when you're deciding whether to have a third cookie or not! 8D

I've had a few junk-foody type snacks today, but it's been balanced out with healthy stuff like fruit so I'm good. :]

To actually answer the question in your first post, unlike most people have been doing, start on a low carb diet and get a membership to your local YMCA Center, or someplace with a pool or a gym that you can work out in.

Make sure it's a place that you'd find comfortable.

Edit: Lady_Shay, I'm pretty sure Stones are the English way of measuring weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back