Weird looking tamagotchi

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gotchifreack

Reaction score
Hi. My name's Julie and I have a question.

Ok. My story begins. I was on vacation and I found this really weird looking tama toy and I bought it. It could've been one of the really old ones or a fake. I decided to buy it since it wasn't expensive like our regular ones. SO I brought it home and I looked at the star shaped thingy at the top of it. I took it out. It still worked but my question is, WHAT KIND OF TAMAGOTCHI IS THIS? :D

Hi. My name's Julie and I have a question.
Ok. My story begins. I was on vacation and I found this really weird looking tama toy and I bought it. It could've been one of the really old ones or a fake. I decided to  buy it since it wasn't  expensive like our regular ones. SO I brought it home and I looked at the star shaped thingy at the top of it. I took it out. It still worked but my question is, WHAT KIND OF TAMAGOTCHI IS THIS?  :D
It sounds like a fake tam to me. Does it say JD anywhere on the packaging? That would be a pretty good indicator it is a fake. Even better, does it have the Ban Dai logo on the packaging? If not, it's fake.

Edit: I misunderstood you when you said weird looking tama - I thought you were referring to the character, not the toy. Sounds like a Uratama if it's got a star at the top... My bad. Perhaps it's not fake. :X

Last edited by a moderator:
A picture would be useful. ^_^

Is it the same size as the ones in stores now?

What are the chearacters like?

Does it have a regular black pixel display screen? The one Tama with a star on top I know of has blue pixels.

3 buttons?

What color is the shell?

Is it Bandai?

What are the games like on it?

Is it a multi pet?

It could be a Uratama... like what binary said since it has a star shaped thing!

i got a fake tama with the bandai logo.
There are usually minor differences in the fake tam logos that may look like real logos at first glance. For an example, I have a fake pokemon game, and on the cartridge instead of Gameboy (registered trademark of Nintendo, I believe) It said Gamebøy. This is only a slight change, and it's not apparent at first glance. It's quite feasible that the same sort of trickery could be used to fudge a ban dai logo.

Then again, there's always the possibility that I'm plain wrong. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back