What are you reading now?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re-reading Jane Eyre. It's been years since I read it last and it was one of my favorite books. Such a great story and beautiful writing. Wuthering Heights is my all time favorite novel, so I guess the Bronte sisters just had it going on ;)

I am currently reading Perpetual Peace by Immanuel Kant

It is an interesting study on the topic of Peace and how even to this day we have yet to achieve it fully

I'm almost done with George Eliot's "Amos Barton." It's actually a volume of 3 books, "Middlemarch" Silas Marner" and "Amos Barton". I started this book back in August and I will be finished with it either today or tomorrow.

Been reading a few books as assigned reading for a history class I'm taking.

Giovanni and Lusanna by Gene Brucker is a very interesting case about a so-called marriage between two people in Renaissance Florenece. I also have to write an essay about this book, but it's interesting enough to the point where it isn't a chore. It almost reads as a modern courtroom drama, would recommend to anyone interested in court cases or Medieval and renaissance italy.

Also reading Peasant Fires by Richard Wunderli, a quirky book about the not so great lives of German peasants. Still finishing this book, about half-way through.

As for fun reading on my own time, I haven't been able to do much of that, but I do really want to read Mario Puzo's The Godfather, eventually.

The Light Between Oceans <3 I forgot how much I loved the book, now I'm re-reading it in preparation to watch the film and forgot how emotional it is! Incredible book :D

The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver

and

Aesop's Fables

I'm currently reading The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman as part of my 1001 challenge. I'm planning to read all 1001 Children's Books You Must Read Before You Grow Up before I turn 17, which is in 5 years. So far I've read 196! (Learn more at www.summit1001books.weebly.com!)

I've read so many of these books! Noughts and Crosses: last week, Twilight: last month (or a few months ago...), Captain Underpants: years ago! Now I'm reading Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian, and it's pretty good..!

Latest posts

Back