What did you do for new years?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady_Shay

Reaction score
United States, stalking you. Turn around.
Did you stay at home in your pajamas? Or did you simply sleep through it? Did your TV become laggy right as the ball was dropping? Or did you run down the stairs during the last minute to turn on the TV for the last minute of 2009?

Me? I shall tell you later, for I must leave the computer.

Me and my family watched Indiana Jones and had ice cream sundaes. Then my dad went to bed for a little while to rest while me, my brother and mom watched Rurouni Kenshin. x33 Then we watched the giant KRYSTAL *shot* ball drop on TV. xD Then we watched one more episode of RK. xDDD While drinking sparkling apple cider.

Happy New Year, loves.

I went to see my grandmas for the day, then came back, had a disco, watched TV. Then we counted down to 2010!

I watched the fireworks being lit off the Space Needle. They weren't too great this year :/

I was going to watch the fireworks in Animal Crossing, but that involved me turning on my Wii and finding said game, so I decided not to XD Plus I didn't want to be distracted by weeding a year's worth of weeds.

I was at my friend's house. We watched Avatar: The last airbender and I was making fun of everyone. Then we went to go watch Punch Much New Years eve special, cause we thought they would have the countdown, but they didnt, so we didnt really countdown xDD

I missed the ball dropping on TV, I accidentally watched Home and Garden Tevelvision for too long xD

then I looked at the clock and I was like "omgit's2010!" so I went to the MTV channel where they were doing like a lookback on 2009, then I had a shower. that's it.

I was supposed to wake up my family, but I slept right through it.

It was a horrible start to 2010.

Mum and I originally went to this Australian Club / Hall to celebrate. Their food was disgusting. I made myself a cornchip sandwich and that's all I ate for the night. There was a live band there too, which were rather horrible, cause they only played like one song and then went off. Mum and I left at about 10 PM to go home and hoped we'd get home in time for 2010.

To get back home, we caught the bus. For that to be done we had to go through the worst parts of the city.. and it was late.. and dark.. and there were so many drunkies out, I was literally gripping onto my Mum as hard as I could. The bus was late, so we only managed to hop on the bus at about 11.20 PM, and at that time we were scared that we'd have to celebrate 2010 on the bus ._____. Well yeah, while we were waiting for the bus we witnessed some horrid things. Some guy started bashing up some poor girl, some old lady couldn't talk nor walk properly and was calling everyone disgusting names which I'd rather not mention on TT, and the whole city was a complete mess----only because of the alcohol. I was rather glad to get on the bus.

The buses were a bit of a mess as well, there were some creepy old men, one man was stroking a Barbie doll's hair, and the bus drivers didn't care even the slightest bit about any name-calling or violence that occured. When we got home, it was ten to midnight, and we quickly got out the lemonade for myself and champagne for Mum and welcomed 2010 while watching Michael Buble perform on some opera show.

There we have it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hm let's see ..

First off, I missed the countdown. ;-; I could barely keep my eyes open after 10:30 PM. I did wake up at around 3:13 AM to remind myself that it was 2010. Then I spent about 10 minutes just lying there and thinking about the past year before falling asleep all on my own. ._. At around 10:10 AM we visited a neighbor's house and had lunch. Mom and Dad watched a movie about this guy who went to Australia all through the night and we heard fireworks too. That was just about it.

And I used a new kind of shampoo too.

It made my hair smell like strawberries. xD

I had the worst, stinking cold :[

My head was full of goo and my eyes were streaming, I could barely concentrate on anything, let alone a countdown.

I went to bed at 9.50pm with a hot water bottle and a tissue stuffed up my nose to stop it running.

Happy New Year (wooot) ^_^

I was on Farmtown plowing for some random.

Then I celebrated as NZ is the first place in the world to see the sun rise, therefore we were in 2010 before anyone else. I then proceeded to Twitter my time travelingness and ran around the house pretending I was a time traveler before Daddy told me I was being too loud and made me go to bed.

I spent the night at my friend Kaitlyn's house playing Rock Band. ;D

We flipped back and forth between specials, and were just in time to see Justin Bieber perform!

And of course, we watched the ball drop. Then we had to drink a /tiny/ sip of champaigne for good luck. xD

It was fun. Her daddy made shrimp scampi & chicken wings & pizza bread for dinner. :)

I'd really like to know,

What is this 'ball dropping' thing?

I don't think we have it in Aussie,

And I'm interested .. \:

Ksenia; The ball dropping thing takes place in New York. There's a HUGE "crystal ball" covered in about 238456465782 lightbulbs. They press a giant button at 11:59 and it slowly goes down within the minute. Then when it hits the bottom a giant 2010/whatever year it is lights up. 8D It's really cool and then confetti goes EVERYWHERE.

And I'm sad I missed Justin Bieber preform. D:

For me, new years almost didn't happen. My mom doesn't believe in it because we are Jewish, but then I went to a friends house and it was EPIC.

First, we were held hostage at my house because my mom was baking Challeh (Jewish bread. Google it) and wanted to send her home with some. Then we got to her house at 11:30, and I brought lightsabers and a flashy light up stick which got named The Seizure Stick. Then me, my friend and her brother, started watching LOTR The Return of the King. We got to the TV just in time for the ball dropping, which included sparkling grape juice, gummy worms, and all sorts of tasty treats. Then we went back to watching LOTR, which we finished at 2 in the morning. Then my and my friend went to her room and did shtuff on her computer until 4 in the morning. Then people went to bed.

I was on the computer listening to music, and then realized it was 11:59.

I then turned and over to my boyfriend, and decided that I wanted to be holding him while looking into his eyes when 12:00 hit.

It was so cute and romantic :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back