What do you collect? Show it off!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For a minimalist... I have quite a few collections; granted they are curated to a point of nausea (my current Tamagotchi collection has been trimmed to 3 tamas as an example.) because if I didn't do that I would be drowning in stuff. So what else is there?

Dolls; Dolls are my biggest passion, my one true hobby to end all hobbies. I collect Ball Jointed dolls and Azone Pureneemos and Picconeemos. Right now my count is at 14 dolls + some heads, 5 pureneemos and 3 piccos. I don't plan to expand much further than this, as I only have two dolls left in my BJD wishlist and none in the others.

Nendoroids; I only collect very specific Touken Ranbu faves (the tenka goken and imperial treasures) and anything Bungou Stray Dogs they make. Five+ years of collecting later I still only have 8 nendoroids, and thankfully they fit neatly in their little case and don't obstruct much.

I also collect miniature robots; namely neoanthropinae polynians (I have two, plus one on preorder, with no plans to own more) and megami device kits (I have two and would like to add a third).

Then there's manga; I own five series in total, two of which are ongoing (Chobits, xxxHolic, Shinsoku Kiss which is only 2 volumes, Bungou Stray Dogs and Houseki no Kuni) and art books from a few favourite artists.

Books, most of which are not in a physical format anymore.

Games, be it digital releases or physical copies, I only get my favorites though and most are portable nintendo cartridges so very easy to keep tidy. I quite dislike the mentality some gamers have that they complete one game after the other just to have bragging rights for their unlocked achievements.

And of course I can't forget about my BTS albums (only the Korean versions). I've been a fan since 2014 and proud of it.

I collect Barbie dolls since my childhood but, i nowadays also have a thing for vintage toys and other curiosities
I own a Tumblr blog all about it right here <- though most of the content is reblogged right now, i'll tro to post more

It's a bit embarrassing to expose this but it's difficult for me to dedicate myself towards collecting one category of products so instead I've been gathering all sorts of misc. stuff over the years. My primary focus right now is stuffed animals, I love them. They're my friends. I attached a quick, small glimpse of my collection here:
t23whp.jpg

I can't decide whether I should get a giant Loch Ness monster or another bunnie for my next stuffed animal addition!

I'm crossing my fingers that sometime in the near future I'll be able to collect old tech from the 80's or just vintage electronics as they tend to run for a high price and at my age I don't have much room to spend money on those items even though I admire the appearance/functionality immensely. I'm a sucker for bulky devices.

Anyways, I'm glad for the existence of this thread. Thank you for making me feel less alone with my collecting habits and inspired to continue. Observing the hobbies/passions of others makes me happy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Uhh let’s see I guess. I have an Aisha collection?? Like I don’t actively collect them but when I was Depressed™ senior year I kinda ended up accumulating any that I didn’t already own/had lost oops. Neopets was kinda like rly influential for me and still is kinda special so like. Idk I like it a lot. Anyways here’s a pic

4B9A4CD4-DEF7-4AC1-A262-7D65C4431AC8.jpeg

it sucks bc like three of my favourites aren’t here and I have no clue where they’re at, but one was a gold aisha that was super duper important to me as a kid, one was rainbow which was my first neopets plushie I bought, and one was a white aisha and it was one of those sweepstakes 1/1000 plushes they did a while back, they’re all so special but I truly have not been able to find them for years oof

Aside from that I Lowkey have a figure/small cardcaptor sakura collection (ok it’s not all that lowkey bc one of them is a $270 figure but I deserved it lmao I worked my butt off for that figure) that sits above my bed and idk I think it’s really cute here’s a pic

MSxumqO.jpg

So it’s more like half love live half ccs and one confused rin kagamine but I love it and I have space for maybe one more prize figure so idk maybe if I find a good persona or bang dream one at the next con I’ll treat myself bc life is garbage and I still deserve it lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Panini sticker albums. I had more but I got rid of them because I was a Christian who believed Disney was evil.. I had about 6 other albums 

If you search beckyb1029 on gemr you can see what I collect. I’m adding more stuff soon such as my my melody collection 

Uhh let’s see I guess. I have an Aisha collection?? Like I don’t actively collect them but when I was Depressed™ senior year I kinda ended up accumulating any that I didn’t already own/had lost oops. Neopets was kinda like rly influential for me and still is kinda special so like. Idk I like it a lot. Anyways here’s a pic

View attachment 251

it sucks bc like three of my favourites aren’t here and I have no clue where they’re at, but one was a gold aisha that was super duper important to me as a kid, one was rainbow which was my first neopets plushie I bought, and one was a white aisha and it was one of those sweepstakes 1/1000 plushes they did a while back, they’re all so special but I truly have not been able to find them for years oof

Aside from that I Lowkey have a figure/small cardcaptor sakura collection (ok it’s not all that lowkey bc one of them is a $270 figure but I deserved it lmao I worked my butt off for that figure) that sits above my bed and idk I think it’s really cute here’s a pic

So it’s more like half love live half ccs and one confused rin kagamine but I love it and I have space for maybe one more prize figure so idk maybe if I find a good persona or bang dream one at the next con I’ll treat myself bc life is garbage and I still deserve it lol
Awesome Sakura figures!

It's a bit embarrassing to expose this but it's difficult for me to dedicate myself towards collecting one category of products so instead I've been gathering all sorts of misc. stuff over the years. My primary focus right now is stuffed animals, I love them. They're my friends. I attached a quick, small glimpse of my collection here:

I can't decide whether I should get a giant Loch Ness monster or another bunnie for my next stuffed animal addition!

I'm crossing my fingers that sometime in the near future I'll be able to collect old tech from the 80's or just vintage electronics as they tend to run for a high price and at my age I don't have much room to spend money on those items even though I admire the appearance/functionality immensely. I'm a sucker for bulky devices.

Anyways, I'm glad for the existence of this thread. Thank you for making me feel less alone with my collecting habits and inspired to continue. Observing the hobbies/passions of others makes me happy.
My melody! Love her so much

View attachment 251

Update on my figure collection I’ve acquired a few more cuties on the shelf 

8K6Ax8x.jpg

Like I said I would I got a prize figure at the last con I went to and I found this Ren one I’ve been wanting, look at my boy lookin like a snack

bUT ALSO I GOT THESE BABIES AND I LOVE THEM

ycimqNW.jpg

I rly just wanted the Kanji figure bc I Love A Man but the listing included Yukiko so!! She’s here too and she looks beautiful 

Also!! They talk!! I have to get new batteries for them but aaaa they’re so cool I love my figure collection I’m so happy to have some persona figures now

I collect Nintendo Handhelds somewhat. I have the Gameboy, GB Color, DSLite, 3DS and 2DSXL. I plan to add to that list, but just need to find the time to look for stuff at pawn shops and whatnot.

I also like to collect memes and mass amounts of downloads. I have a Raspberry Pi running 2 4TB HDDs in RAID 1 for mirroring and hope to eventually need to add more storage.

I also collect anime figures (haven't taken a photo of them in so long!) and own 2 ball jointed dolls... I'll be expanding my collections of those in 2020!

This is my resin bjd, I also have a plastic DAL Heiwa.

IMG_0447smaller.jpg

Video games and vintage computers are my collecting forte. My rarest game isn't a game at all - rather, it's a test cart that Nintendo used back in the day to determine what was wrong with a controller. It goes for around $1,200 with a WATA certification of 5.5, but mine is around a 3.0 or so grading it myself (there's basement stains on the label), which makes me benchmark it at about $700.

As for vintage computers, I currently own a Dell Inspiron (unknown model, but it has a Pentium 3, and is running Windows XP, although it's meant for 98 SE or 2000), an HP machine running Windows 7 (not vintage yet, per se, but Microsoft is killing off 7 soon enough), and a Power Mac G3 B&W (it runs Mac OS 9.2.2, but I haven't had time to set it up yet.)

My "holy grails" are the Apple Bandai Pippin (which technically covers both vintage computing AND video gaming, since it is based off of an Apple platform used for multimedia - in this, gaming) and the Canon Cat (a machine that was similar to what the Macintosh was in its earliest years of development, pre-Steve Jobs takeover.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back