What do you think about

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Barbies are just trying to look good for the fashion. I hate barbies. I find them ugly and disturbing.

At least having so many careers Barbie can give kids other ambitions than just being 'Sexy'

well, i used to not have a problem with them. they were real dolls, and dolls require some skill to make. they used to have them like people from all over the world, (im sure they still do somewhere) and taught people about different parts of the world.

sereously, WHAT HAPPENED?!

im not into the plastic surgury look. (LITERALLY!! XD )

I dont think barbie is a bad influence. i got my first barbie when i was 3 and i never worried that she was perfect. i think that bratz are a bad influence though.

I dont think barbie is a bad influence. i got my first barbie when i was 3 and i never worried that she was perfect. i think that bratz are a bad influence though.
Those bratz are disgusting. The last thing we need are more illiterate, inumerate mini-skirt divas. The barbies may send a message that being perfect is the only way to be, but those bratz try to redefine perfect and say perfect means having an obnoxious attitude and dressing tackily. What's that about? I really don't like those things... As someone noted, at least barbie has a career, even if they are outlandish and unobtainable.

The thing that's changing about the barbies and whatnot is that the makers have figured that kids don't want to be like adults, which is what Barbie used to be, but they want to be like Teenagers. That's why they have all this myscene stuff. The clothes get more mini-skirtish and tacky as they get more Teen-oriented. But, I guess teens also want to be adults to a certain extent, which is why the features are so... exaggerated. It's a weird little market strategy that's supposed to attract to little girls, and I guess it's working. :\

I understand what you're saying, and to a certain extent it's true - Barbies are sending a message you gotta be perfect to make it in the world, and that if you are perfect, than your set.
However, would you want to play with regular people dolls? Go outside and wait for the next person to walk by your house. Go on google and enter a random search term, and look at the first face of a person you see. Would you want that on your doll? You're definitely right - the message barbies send isn't good. And perhaps all those pooping babies toys contradict my theory, but I think that if mattel/barbie company wants to make money, they gotta make barbies thin and "perfect." And that's why they do.
Hah. I don't even play with dolls XD

In my opinion, Barbies are a VERY VERY VERY bad influence on young girls. They have layers and LAYERS of makeup on, tacky clothes and an EXTREMELY skinny shape. Can you imagine a little girl saying "I wanna be just like Barbie!"? Blech. At least I'm in no danger , the word doll makes me *shudder*

I understand what you're saying about her trying to put a 'you have to be perfect' message out to kids, but I think Barbie is a LOT better than Bratz. Bratz send a message of 'you have to wear globs of makeup and dress like a whore to be beautiful'.

Personally, I'd rather my kids think they should be thin rather than look whorish.

Those bratz are disgusting. The last thing we need are more illiterate, inumerate mini-skirt divas. The barbies may send a message that being perfect is the only way to be, but those bratz try to redefine perfect and say perfect means having an obnoxious attitude and dressing tackily. What's that about? I really don't like those things... As someone noted, at least barbie has a career, even if they are outlandish and unobtainable.
The thing that's changing about the barbies and whatnot is that the makers have figured that kids don't want to be like adults, which is what Barbie used to be, but they want to be like Teenagers. That's why they have all this myscene stuff. The clothes get more mini-skirtish and tacky as they get more Teen-oriented. But, I guess teens also want to be adults to a certain extent, which is why the features are so... exaggerated. It's a weird little market strategy that's supposed to attract to little girls, and I guess it's working. :\
(To the first point)

Yes. At least she did have a career- and like a doctor or veterinarain.

That in itself could make little girls think 'wow, it'd be cool to have one of those jobs!'

Kinda like a girl power boost if you get where I'm going at.

(To the second point)

How many kids don't want to grow up?

Yeah, some don't (I didn't) but most do.

They also look up to the teenagers. I always did.

So when they show these teenage dolls, they think 'cool! when I get older that's how I wanna be! a cool teenager!'

Most little kids I know really like teenagers, and so when they see a doll like Bratz that are all funky and (what they think) is cool, it hooks them in.

I think Barbies, Bratz, My Scene and others are starting to look ridiculous!!!!! They are too revealing! Also...i just hate dolls.

Some barbies are worse then others. I have seen a barbie that when you turn the hair around to the front, it turns purple and she is wearing the shortest shirt you can imagine and a mini skirt. It is ridiculous.

~Reanna

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back