What happened in your neighborhood

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady_Shay

Reaction score
United States, stalking you. Turn around.
This isn't about the book itself, but what happened when it came out.

When it came out, I was at a place where I go every summer, and EVERYONE had a copy. I didn't though, because my brother was in camp and he had our family's copy. There was a playground there, but instead of playing on the equipment, people sat on it and read the book instead. About a week after it came out though, my brother came home from camp and I was able to read it.

Was your neighborhood in total chaos when it came out?

I think everyone woke up. Survived a whole day. A. WHOLE. DAY. And then went to sleep.

Nothing happened to my knowledge o.o I don't go out much, and I don't even know when it came out, lol.

When whichever book came out in '07(5th?) I was working at Walmart, and people started lining up for the midnight release around 8pm. The line went from the front of the store, curved through apparel, around baby and shoes, past crafts, to Electronics in the back.

I was so glad I got off before midnight that night XD They probably would have asked me to work in customer service(where the books were).

Nothing happened to my knowledge o.o I don't go out much, and I don't even know when it came out, lol.
When whichever book came out in '07(5th?) I was working at Walmart, and people started lining up for the midnight release around 8pm. The line went from the front of the store, curved through apparel, around baby and shoes, past crafts, to Electronics in the back.

I was so glad I got off before midnight that night XD They probably would have asked me to work in customer service(where the books were).
Actually, the 7th one came out in 2007.

I asked my friend, she said she was in summer camp when it came out, but her camp went into complete chaos too. They had to make two other mail rooms filled completely with camper's ordered copies of it. She says she only remembers one girl who didn't read it at her camp, and every kept thinking she read it because the rest of the camp read it.

I was driving back from vacation and we stopped in Pennsylvania and stopped at a store to buy one, but it was sold out.

I don't think it affected my neighborhood at all though, lol. I guess people read it?

just my sisters were insane i love the books but i didnt go sycko for it they have a competition to see who get the book first and we saw it at cosco and then my sister was there and we both stood there looking at each other and as they scrambled for the counter i was already next to it went to the counter bought it and was like I BEAT U BOTH

People stayed in and watched TV?

Yeah, I don't think anyone gets such thrill out of a book in my neighbourhood. xD

Well, I am not a fan of Harry Potter, but I guess my city got a bit frantic!

My library got a shipment of SO MANY books and had a really late-night party starting at 6 in the morning or so!

My bookstore had this huge sale and got a truck load of copies! Plus since the book was coming out already, they put up shelves of H.P. (Harry Potter) activitie books, H.P. guide books, H.P. accessories, and the other books in the H.P. series. Not to mention, of course, THE SEVENTH BOOK.

But really, it wasn't much but that. It wasn't like the latest buzz on our street or anything, just those things. It only lasted about three days after it came out, though. Except for those really super-super-super Harry Potter fans that keep asking, "Oh, how'd you like the seventh book?" about a month and a half after it came out.

I don't know about anyone else, but I cried when my parents wouldn't preorder or take me at midnight. I didn't get it till afternoon, which drove me crazy. And I stared at the stack if books in Walmart for a while till my mom made me pick one.

I remember bring so excited about the red lettering, since it's my favorite color. I read it for the rest of the day on my mattress-bed because it was around the time we were leaving California. I hadn't packed my books yet and I had already made a spot for it on my bookshelf. :)

I cried so many times. Because I'm a nerd.

It was one of the most magical days of my life. I didn't care about anyone else to notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back