What happened to TamaTalk?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I remember back in 05' (I was under a different username back then) the "Who's Online?" list had maybe 10 rows of users, a new topic or post every 5 seconds, and the chat had hundreds of people on it almost everyday.

Now, I see less people in the chat, not as many people online, people I remember who I had in my friends list are no longer on this site, and most of the staff and members I don't even recognize anymore..

Any other old TamaTalk users feel this way? It feels odd when you're gone from the site so long, only to come back and see how much everything has changed since 05' to 10'.

The users grow older, and so did tamagotchis. Older members may have lost some interest, and tamagotchis arent really marketed a lot anymore...

Nothing really happened, some people just outgrew tamagotchis.

I got tamatalk this year, but is it realy that old? :D

From '05? Oldie ! Welcome back. ^w^

Communities like these change, develop, grow.. all over a span of a few years.

TT turned six in June and will be getting an upgrade- it's entering first grade already ! xD

I've been here for two of those six years, so I have my own share of memories.

The most important thing is to remember the good things in the past and have fun in the future, correct? :]

You've been gone all that time... and you didn't expect to find any changes to the site....? :)

Obviously Tamagotchis were at a peak of popularity in 2005 - they'd just re-launched the IR versions in the USA and rolled them out across Europe and Australasia - so there was a huge amount of activity on many tamagotchi sites - not just TamaTalk :)

Things are different now.

Tamagotchis have become more of a "niche" buy for enthusiasts. Not every kid in the school yard at recess is connecting with their friends like they were back in 2005 :p

Back in 2005 TamaCHAT wasn't open every day - only weekends - so it was usually busy and popular because (even with differences in Time Zones) most people were not at school/college/work and could visit and chat.

As already mentioned by others, everyone has their own lives to lead and some members (and Guides) had other demands on their time - college work, school work, relationships ;)

Plenty of members have moved on to other forums and other interests. This is not unusual on any site.

TamaTalk is definitely different from the site it was back in 2005 and I am glad of that.

Good grief... it would feel extremely stale and boring if nothing had changed or "evolved" for the past 5 years!

I know what you mean. I've been here since '05, too. It did change a lot, but I still love it to pieces. It's quiet, and everyone else around me is growing up and we're all still good friends. : )

Yeah, it's probably because most people outgrew tamagotchies and plus they're really not as popular now anyways. But we're all here, and it's still fun, so who cares? Everyone who was dedicated to the site has stuck with it and we still have some fun times on here, am i right?

It's just not as active. I guess by what TamaMum said: Tamagotchis aren't as popular as they used to be, so people aren't stumbling upon this site as much, therefore less activity and users.

I think I joined here in '07, and it was pretty active here back then. I don't even use my tamagotchis anymore, but I like NonTamatalk still.

It's been explained, not many people are interested in Tamagotchis now. Which is a shame. :( Right now there's only 3 people active right now, yeah. TamaTalk is upgrading, we're having new Members, and more things. I hope TamaTalk will be active again. But it will happen some day. ;)

I've been here on and off since `05, too. The reason it changed is because when TT was at it's most popular peak, tamagotchis were in fashion. Now they're not. The rest is self-explanatory.

I've been here since '06. I agree it used to be more active. I joined when the V3s were still popular. I started the Tamagotchi trend in my school! Haha. That only lasted for a year or so, then people moved on. Tamagotchis aren't as popular as they used to be I guess.

I was wondering that too!

Then I realized that people and tamagotchis Grow old!

I've been here since '06. A lot of people I really care for just sort of disapeared on me. :\ I wish I could talk to them even one last time.

I mean, I still go on here everyday, but I don't do much..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back