What is love?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ninny308

Reaction score
I describe love as:

The most wonderful feeling ever to make you feel awful. The feeling you get when your hugging him and he holds you tighter and longer than is strictly necessary. Is strangly different then any other feeling in the world. Makes you smile in your sleep, because you always dream about it, even if it's a nightmare. Makes you act strange or shy.

"Love is not meeting the perfect, flawless person, but meeting a person whose flaws are compatible with yours."- Me

"4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."

-1 Corinthians 13:4-13

The most wonderful feeling ever to make you feel awful. The feeling you get when your hugging him and he holds you tighter and longer than is strictly necessary. Is strangly different then any other feeling in the world. Makes you smile in your sleep, because you always dream about it, even if it's a nightmare. Makes you act strange or shy.
I agree with you. Also I think you have to recieve love back to know how it feels. [Love & Be loved :lol: ]

Last edited by a moderator:
To me, love is the feeling you get for another person, regardless of their gender, and it makes you want to risk your life for them, and spend the rest of your years with them.

"4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."

-1 Corinthians 13:4-13
you are so right.

To me, True love is:

Everything.

When you know you love him, He's the world to you. You don't need to tell him you love him every ten seconds because he knows it.

That pretty much sums up my opinion on true love.

"Oh Baby don't hurt me...

Don't hurt me, No more..."

Sorry.

Anyway, love is a nuisance that gets in the way of everyday life; it constantly interrupts homework, test-taking, and free time. It ignites daydreams and can be embarrassing. It also manages to spawn obnoxious jokes, silly cliches, lame-o metaphors, and bizarre awkward moments when talked with friends.

However, it is still the most important ingredient in a successful life. Love isn't just with another person, but with an action or a thing as well; if you don't love what you do, or if you are in a relationship where you do not love your partner, you are destined to be unhappy.

Despite love's faults it is the only way people can ever be happy - for if you are doing something you don't love, you cannot be happy.

"Oh Baby don't hurt me... Don't hurt me, No more..."

Sorry.

Anyway, love is a nuisance that gets in the way of everyday life; it constantly interrupts homework, test-taking, and free time. It ignites daydreams and can be embarrassing. It also manages to spawn obnoxious jokes, silly cliches, lame-o metaphors, and bizarre awkward moments when talked with friends.

However, it is still the most important ingredient in a successful life. Love isn't just with another person, but with an action or a thing as well; if you don't love what you do, or if you are in a relationship where you do not love your partner, you are destined to be unhappy.

Despite love's faults it is the only way people can ever be happy - for if you are doing something you don't love, you cannot be happy.
"What is love, oh baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more..." Good song choice.

ANYWAY I agree with you so much. You are so smart 3: <

Love is the most wonderful feeling felt between two people. For when he is walking you home you never want it to end, or you feel shy while with that one person, your heart always beats faster while talking to him, when you listen to his voice you smile for no reason, you can be on the phone forever and never have said a word, you feel like you'll do anything that person, and much more! Love is something that can not be just described by one person it is felt by many people and they all have different opinions. Love will make you smile all day long and then make you frown when your not with him. And love is pretty much everything!That is love

Love is undefined. =\

No matter what you do with it, it'll always bite you in the butt.

Sigh, sigh, sigh.

Love is the most wonderful feeling felt between two people. For when he is walking you home you never want it to end, or you feel shy while with that one person, your heart always beats faster while talking to him, when you listen to his voice you smile for no reason, you can be on the phone forever and never have said a word, you feel like you'll do anything that person, and much more! Love is something that can not be just described by one person it is felt by many people and they all have different opinions. Love will make you smile all day long and then make you frown when your not with him. And love is pretty much everything!That is love
WOW! great asnswer! Why didn't i think of that? <_<

I think some people in this topic are mistaking love for crushes. I bet anything that when you are say 30 and married you will have a totally different answer.

Some are good though, well done.

To me, love is the indescribable feeling that is hard to find, difficult to leave and immpossible to forget

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back