What is your religeon?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spiritualist. And I don't mean I talk to the dead. I mean I believe in the spirits and entities of nature and nature's role inside you. This is what my mother brought me up as. The Earth And Sky creating all life on this planet, the Stars being the ones who foretell and decide future, Sun and Moon representing opposite perspectives and properties of our being, the elements and seasons being companions in our journey, being spiritual friends to pray to....

Fine. Believe its a load of crap. We stick to what we stick to personally and that is ok. This is what I believe to be true, but accepting what you look to for explanations.

I'm not a christian nd I'm not a jew. I'm catholic.
Christians and Catholics are the same thing!!

:D

-_- """

Last edited by a moderator:
Spiritualist. And I don't mean I talk to the dead. I mean I believe in the spirits and entities of nature and nature's role inside you. This is what my mother brought me up as. The Earth And Sky creating all life on this planet, the Stars being the ones who foretell and decide future, Sun and Moon representing opposite perspectives and properties of our being, the elements and seasons being companions in our journey, being spiritual friends to pray to....
Fine. Believe its a load of crap. We stick to what we stick to personally and that is ok. This is what I believe to be true, but accepting what you look to for explanations.
That sounds really interesting, actually.

Would you PM me and explain more about it?

I might look into it.

I believe everything you've said so far.

Christians and Catholics are the same thing!! :furawatchi:

:furawatchi: """
No they aren't.

Please check your facts before correcting someone.

There are many branches of Christianity - Catholic, Anglican etc..

They are different.

I'm not a christian nd I'm not a jew. I'm catholic.
Catholics are Christians.

They believe in God and they worship Jesus Christ.

Not all Christians are Catholics :p

Catholicism is a branch of Christianity.

Protestantism is a branch of Christianity.

There are many branches and denominations (Baptists, Lutherians, Presbytarians, etc. are all Christians) :huh:

Don't worry.

I've now lost count of the number of times I've seen TamaTalkers think that Christians and Catholics are different things :huh:

(for the record, Judaism is not Christianity. Jews do believe in God, but do not worship Jesus and do not believe that he died for mankind's sins).

Catholics are Christians.  They believe in God and they worship Jesus Christ.

Not all Christians are Catholics :blink:

Catholicism is a branch of Christianity.

Protestantism is a branch of Christianity.

There are many branches and denominations (Baptists, Lutherians, Presbytarians, etc. are all Christians) ;)

Don't worry. 

I've now lost count of the number of times I've seen TamaTalkers think that Christians and Catholics are different things :D

(for the record, Judaism is not Christianity.  Jews do believe in God, but do not worship Jesus and do not believe that he died for mankind's sins).
To add to that, Jews do believe in Jesus but don't exactly do anything about him. To us, he's just some guy. It is also believed that Christianity branched off of Judaism, rather than the other way around or them not being related at all. At least that's what Jews think...

To add to that, Jews do believe in Jesus but don't exactly do anything about him. To us, he's just some guy. It is also believed that Christianity branched off of Judaism, rather than the other way around or them not being related at all. At least that's what Jews think...
yep.

Jews believe that Jesus existed. They don't believe he was the son of God, and they don't worship Jesus.

It is an accepted fact that Christianity was a branch of Judaism. (Jesus was born a Jew after all) :D

I don't think anyone should be told that Judaism branched out of Christianity. That's just wrong. Judaism is a much older religion.

Early Christianity was a Jewish sect. The Old Testament is effectively the Hebrew Bible. The two religions diverged with the advent of Jesus Christ who Christians believe was the messiah that had been prophesied. The Jews do not believe that Jesus was the messiah and are still waiting for their messiah.

I am a Christian. I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and that if you accept him into your heart, you will live forever in heaven. Although this is my only religion, I do respect other people's beliefs and would be interested to learn more about them.

There's a ton of religious people here...

Being a Jew, there are a few types of "God" laid out for me. If I had to choose, I'd choose the Reconstructionist God, which means there probably is a God out there but he doesn't really do anything.

I don't believe God exists, though.

My mum wants me to believe in all that stuff, but I just don't.

She's trying to force it onto me by sending me to a religious school in a few years :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back