What kind of person are you?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Real life example? Well... Usually labeling at my school involves one circle of friends not wanting to hang out with or talk to someone else because they don't have common interests, they don't dress like they do, or something different about them.
I get labeled the "emo girl" all the time. Even by my friends. Most of the time it's a joke, and other times, people are asking me seriously if I do cut, and that if I am depressed, I should go talk to the counselor.

Point being, I can't have a bad day without people jumping to conclusions, or my own friends making a joke out of it. And this is only because of my look and the music I choose to listen to.

Labels aren't going to stop in my middle school, I'm sure.

Just because of one circle of friends, we have cliques, and that's just... How it's worked. Some of it can be unfair, and it can be aggravating sometimes. But if somebody wanted to stop it all... People would laugh in their faces without a thought. -.-"
Thank you- finally someone gave me what I wanted to know.

But is this really labels or just how people roll? It's not that people are just "sticking labels" but people in groups they are comfortable in don't usually venture out of.

Thank you- finally someone gave me what I wanted to know.
But is this really labels or just how people roll? It's not that people are just "sticking labels" but people in groups they are comfortable in don't usually venture out of.
Most people. I have quite a few "geek" friends and they don't act like a highschool hallway. We self call ourselves geeks or whatever in joking manor, but if we aren't joking, we have self confidence. Like I said, if you hate yourself or don't have any self esteem, then you shouldn't self label yourself.

Oh, I suppose that I am a Harvest Moon Geek, or at least hopelessly obsessed. Yeah, I'm proud of it too.

How are people who say "labels are for cans" posers? Don't insult people unless you use the insult right. Wait...that came out wrong. Don't insult people at all. ;]

I don't think we should label each other because labels are usually based on how someone looks. For example, if someone wears glasses or reads a lot they might be called a geek. If someone wears all black they might be called goth. You shouldn't assume that someone is a certain way until you truly get to know them.

Sorry, I just had to have my little rant there.

It would be hard to label me:

I'm the blond, harvest moon geek who kicks butt at basketball, loves to shop, writes stories, draws a lot, and is called funny (as in a comedian:a compliment) by all her friends.

Hard, huh?

Just a note, before you say geeks are the ones with thick glasses and acne, please stray away from the highschool hallway and go to a SF convention to find out what a real geek is. :)

[SIZE=7pt]The Blonde one who is a dancer, a bit of a prep (dont hate me), has awesome friends, and maybe, just maybe insane. :( [/SIZE]

Maybe I should just relabel myself to something I think suits me.

I'm the brainy girl with glasses and participates and does well in school, yes. But I also have a lot of friends and like to be girly and stuff. So I guess I'm a geeky prep? lol.

So what are you??
I'm kinda... Preppy...and emo... LOL!!! NO I DONT CUT MYSELF!!!
I am guessing ur posting this kuz u saw mai post and want to annoy me. -.- it pizzes me off >_<

I am me.
And guess what?

You are you.

We were both born an original, and to post something or to think of yourself as limited to a one-word being (such as 'jock', 'prep', 'goth', 'emo', etc.) is an insult to yourself and to what has been given to you.

Judging people will get you nowhere, just make you unnecessary enemies, and I hope that after reading this post, many people will stop and think twice before the next time they go out and call people random names without even talking or getting to know them first.

Anyways, why would you want to talk about cliquey stuff on the internet? An internet is, after all, an escape from all that, because people are more free to be themselves, and nobody can see what color their hair is, or what they are wearing. Most of the time, you can't even see their actions. If you wish to talk about cliques, take a step into a high school, and you can see how horrible the whole idea of labels is.

Yeah, enough with my ranting. Hope I offered some good words of advice to some folks out there. :furawatchi: Just remember that only YOU can say how you really feel, and only YOU can dictate the way you act; NOT a random word like 'goth'. Because, after all, that is just a word, without real action or intent behind it most of the time.

Be real. Be you. NOT a copy.
WOOOOOOO! SPEAK THE TRUTH! WE R OUR OWN PERSON! NOT A LABEL! U KANT LABEL ME! I AM LABEL FREEEEEE!!!

You know its true. and i did post a topic bout how annoyin and bad labels r. ppl point aat some1 and say "Hes a jock" or "She a prep". I mean WTF? dont judge ppl by whut they wear. ITS JUST FREAKING FABRIC! Gawd i mean this is like the segregation. I mean do u ppl hear yourselves? Well start to because america is run by labels and disneychannel.

WOOOOOOO! SPEAK THE TRUTH! WE R OUR OWN PERSON! NOT A LABEL! U KANT LABEL ME! I AM LABEL FREEEEEE!!!You know its true. and i did post a topic bout how annoyin and bad labels r. ppl point aat some1 and say "Hes a jock" or "She a prep". I mean WTF? dont judge ppl by whut they wear. ITS JUST FREAKING FABRIC! Gawd i mean this is like the segregation. I mean do u ppl hear yourselves? Well start to because america is run by labels and disneychannel.
Yeah. But then theres the real "jocks" etc, not judged by fabric and popularity, but by strength and whatever. And people don't have to label themselves, or just be, like, "Jocks". >.> Please leave the highschool hallway, people.

Yeah. But then theres the real "jocks" etc, not judged by fabric and popularity, but by strength and whatever. And people don't have to label themselves, or just be, like, "Jocks". >.> Please leave the highschool hallway, people.
I didnt say they werent jocks kuz jock was be4 labels. so u r right that they r jock but tht is whut ppl do. and they judge ppl who dress dark goths and ppl who dress with stuff from hollister >_< preppy.

I've been called a Nerd and a Geek. Because I'm 'clever' so I take it as a compliment...and if it's supposed to be rude then I ignore it. LOL. Everyone seems to like me becuase I AM a 'Nerd'. :furawatchi:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back