What makes you feel special?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm...

Well, I get reasonably good scores on most things--grades, standardized tests, blah blah blah.

But numbers don't excite me much.

What makes me feel special is what I see--when I look at one thing I see other things in my head, I imagine the perfect words to describe the moment.

If shackled to a mountain, I could stay there for hours on end just looking at the way the trees meet the ground, and the trees meet the sky, and the ground meets the sky.

Also I feel special when I expect better of--and for--myself. Which isn't a lot of the time, but when I do I feel as if I'm fulfilling Thoreau's call to live "by an infinite expectation of the dawn."
yooo... Are you my sister? You sound just like her.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like when people choose to be nice or friendly to me even if it's inconvenient for them or they don't get anything out of it. Even small things like in class when the teacher says pick a group for a project and someone notices that someone doesn't have a group or doesn't know anyone, and they make sure they feel included (I have been on both ends of this).

I really feel special when:

In school I score high in this test or I do something good. Usually the teacher goes, "Class, Insert My Name, isn't really good in this subject, but she tries her best. You can see it in her essays." Then I get all giddy and happy.

Gaah that's weird but whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back