What OS are you using?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 and windows 8. But I am currently using my iphone, so iOS 5.1 :D

Today I took the Windows Vista OS off of my 6-year-old laptop and replaced it with Ubuntu 12.10. It's a nice change, except I can't do a few things.

I am using Windows 7 Home Premium on my laptop and iOS 6.1.2 on my iPad 2. I have a Windows XP laptop that has a worn out screen and a Windows Vista laptop that has a fan that is not working right and shuts down automatically when it overheats. I'm hoping to get a Windows 8 because Microsoft David, Microsoft Hazel, and Microsoft Zira are cool. I have Microsoft Anna as well as the Speakonia program with various voices such as Microsoft Sam, Mike, and Mary.

My main gadget is my MacBook running OSX Mountajn Lion.

I do however have two computers running windows 7 and 8.

I have another laptop with vista, and I hate it.

My iphone 5 is running ios 6.1.3

My ipad is ios 5

I thought I'd just say, my uncle gave my grandad a laptop with peppermint OS on. It's brilliant and slick. The fact it uses so little memory and stuff makes it quick as out. I'd recommend it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I switched from Windows Vista/Ubuntu 12.10 dual boot to removing both operating systems and installing Linux Mint 13 Mate.

Quite pleasant and fast (at least compared to Windows Vista).

I switched from Windows Vista/Ubuntu 12.10 dual boot to removing both operating systems and installing Linux Mint 13 Mate.

Quite pleasant and fast (at least compared to Windows Vista).
Nice. I have never used Linux Mint, but i have heard it's a good operating system. It definitely is one of the top Linux distros.

Um well I normally run on Windows 7 and sometimes XP, but because I'm at my mom's work due to my bus being early, I'm on a computer using Ubuntu 12.04.1...and on the guest account >.<

Um well I normally run on Windows 7 and sometimes XP, but because I'm at my mom's work due to my bus being early, I'm on a computer using Ubuntu 12.04.1...and on the guest account >.<
A work computer with Ubuntu eh? I like hearing that! Go Ubuntu go!

A work computer with Ubuntu eh? I like hearing that! Go Ubuntu go!
They often put Linux systems on older computers because Linux usually requires less memory than Windows and it can make your old computer work like new again.

And because Windows XP is not supported anymore, I think we'll be seeing more of that. ^_^

They often put Linux systems on older computers because Linux usually requires less memory than Windows and it can make your old computer work like new again.

And because Windows XP is not supported anymore, I think we'll be seeing more of that. ^_^
I know Linux works like new. I wish my school would make the transfer over. Soo much money would be saved in the long run. But, it's not "Main stream" and they aren't willing to try anything new.

My desktop is running Windows 7 Home Premium. I'm also running IOS 6.1.3 on the iPad 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back