What religion are you?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, I have a question. Does anybody know the main difference (besides believeing the pope is a messenger of God) between Catholisim and the other forms of Christianity?

No offence, but I'm not for the brainwashing. I mean, come on, they think that nursing babies is bad for the babies!!!!! How wrong is that!
we don't beleive that nursing babies is bad for them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We think that every thing we have is meant to be used. Even animals. Who in the world told you we beleived that?

Wait, I have a question. Does anybody know the main difference (besides believeing the pope is a messenger of God) between Catholisim and the other forms of Christianity?
It's based on the same thing- the Bible, God, Jesus, ect.

But Catholics do some different things [like praying to Mary and baptising babies] that other denominations don't agree with.

As an example, my baptist church believes totaly in the Bible and no where does it say that we have to pray to Mary [mother of Jesus, she was still a normal person just chosen by God to be His earthly mother]. Actualy it tells us NOT to. Prayer is an act of whorship and whorship is strictly for God.

Or baptising babies- again, is not backed up Biblicly.

Does that clear things up?

It's based on the same thing- the Bible, God, Jesus, ect.But Catholics do some different things [like praying to Mary and baptising babies] that other denominations don't agree with.

As an example, my baptist church believes totaly in the Bible and no where does it say that we have to pray to Mary [mother of Jesus, she was still a normal person just chosen by God to be His earthly mother]. Actualy it tells us NOT to. Prayer is an act of whorship and whorship is strictly for God.

Or baptising babies- again, is not backed up Biblicly.

Does that clear things up?
Ah, yes, thank you. We're learning about the early Church and stuff, and I forgot that my teacher told us that Catholics are the only ones who worship virgin Mary. Thanks!

we don't beleive that nursing babies is bad for them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We think that every thing we have is meant to be used. Even animals. Who in the world told you we beleived that?
I live in a town where the population is 97% LDS. They believe that, and they can't drink tea!!!! :p Why can't they drink tea? :p And also why do you believe in Joseph Smith's words? What has he to prove his words are true? :p I'm confused about this all. and Why do you believe in the book of Mormon? Doesn't it say in the Bible that you can't use another religous book as a Bible? I thought it did. It does in my Bible.

*I am trying to say this in a calm way. not an argueing way.*

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, yes, thank you. We're learning about the early Church and stuff, and I forgot that my teacher told us that Catholics are the only ones who worship virgin Mary. Thanks!
Anytime. ^^

As you can tell I like answering these kinds of questions- it makes me thing too which is good. x3

I live in a town where the population is 97% LDS. They believe that, and they can't drink tea!!!!  :p Why can't they drink tea? :p   And also why do you believe in Joseph Smith's words? What has he to prove his words are true?  :p I'm confused about this all. and Why do you believe in the book of Mormon? Doesn't it say in the Bible that you can't use another religous book as a Bible? I thought it did. It does in my Bible.
I don't know about the tea one, but Mormon's believe Josheph Smith because he said an angel of God came to him and gave him the book of Mormon. It contradicts the Bible therefore other Christians don't believe it.

The new testement does say there will be no other part of the Bible- that's one reason why Christians [like baptist, Catholic, ect.] do not consider Mormonism a denomination of Christianity- but a totaly different religion apart from it.

I live in a town where the population is 97% LDS. They believe that, and they can't drink tea!!!! :p Why can't they drink tea? :p And also why do you believe in Joseph Smith's words? What has he to prove his words are true? :p I'm confused about this all. and Why do you believe in the book of Mormon? Doesn't it say in the Bible that you can't use another religous book as a Bible? I thought it did. It does in my Bible.
we don't drink Tea, because it is against our word of wisdom. To put it straight, it is bad for you. (but we can drink herbal tea)

The rest I answere with one word: Faith. We have a sinsere faith.

we don't drink Tea, because it is against our word of wisdom. To put it straight, it is bad for you. (but we can drink herbal tea)

The rest I answere with one word: Faith. We have a sinsere faith.
I didn't know Mormons couldn't drink kinds of tea- I'm glad I know now, that'd be kind of embarrensing; having your Mormon friend over for a tea party forgetting they can't drink tea. ^^'

Im LDS. (church of jesus christ of latter day saints)
my main beleifs are the Ten Commandments and the Articles of Faith.

Articles of faith: Written by the first Latter Day prophet, Joseph Smith:We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.

1.We believe that men will be punished for their own sins, and not for Adam's transgression.

2.We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.

3.We believe that the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel are: first, Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; second, Repentance; third, Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; fourth, Laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost.

4.We believe that a man must be called of God, by prophecy, and by the laying on of hands by those who are in authority, to preach the Gospel and administer in the ordinances thereof.

5.We believe in the same organization that existed in the Primitive Church, namely, apostles, prophets, pastors, teachers, evangelists, and so forth.

6.We believe in the gift of tongues, prophecy, revelation, visions, healing, interpretation of tongues, and so forth.

7.We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly; we also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God.

8.We believe all that God has revealed, all that He does now reveal, and we believe that He will yet reveal many great and important things pertaining to the Kingdom of God.

9.We believe in the literal gathering of Israel and in the restoration of the Ten Tribes; that Zion (the New Jerusalem) will be built upon the American continent; that Christ will reign personally upon the earth; and, that the earth will be renewed and receive its paradisiacal glory.

10.We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may.

11.We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law.

12.We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul—We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.

-Joseph Smith

Don't judge me by my religoin though.
Oh my freak! No way! I'm Mormon too!

When I first came on here, I was like the only mormon on here! lol! YAY!

But anyways, Mormons are basiclly Christian, we both believe in God,Jesus, Heavenly Father. The only thing we just hade different is that we don't have crosses in our church, and we don't just think about his Crusifiction.

And I do believe in Heavenly Father. :)

-NINJA

Yeah, mormon power!! lol

I didn't know Mormons couldn't drink kinds of tea- I'm glad I know now, that'd be kind of embarrensing; having your Mormon friend over for a tea party forgetting they can't drink tea. ^^'
Haha, I guess that would be kinda embarrising..

We also can't really have Cafieen. Like Coffee..Well I'm actually kinda glad that we can't drink Coffee, I hate the smell, and the taste, I had the taste once cause I thought it was hot chocolate, but it was coffee xP

We can have Chocolate, that's a good thing! :)

-NINJA

THEY DO NOT WORSHIP "DARNIT", I TELL PEOPLE THIS ALL THE TIME, THEY HONOR HER. NOT WORSHIP. STOP SPEWING OUT PROPAGANDA

I'm athiest raised in a devout catholic family

(is that ok, meowbark? I know you HATE cusswords)

THEY DO NOT WORSHIP GOD DAMMIT, I TELL PEOPLE THIS ALL THE TIME, THEY HONOR HER. NOT WORSHIP FFS. STOP SPEWING OUT PROPAGANDA

I'm athiest raised in a devout catholic family
*reporting*

No cursing a kid out, she is only saying her point of view. And Christians also worship the Virgin Mary :eek: When I went to chruch they did

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back