What woudl it be like...?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plazmical Ecstasy

Reaction score
Well, last night I was watching The Secret Life of the American Teenager, and I was thinking, what would it be like to be her?

I've always wondered what life would be like if I got pregnant at 15 (God knows I wouldn't.) or be goth, or, whatever else I'm not. A druggie, smoker, whatever. I've always wondered, why aren't I that?

Actually, for some reason the thought of having a kid at 15 amuses me, and maybe If I weren't smart, or half as lucky as I am now, I would do something like that, I just want to know what it would be like. To be in someone else's position.

Does anyone else feel like that sometimes?

*Topic moved to '(Non)TamaTalk: Seriously (Non)TamaTalk'*

To be honest, I didn't think much about what it would be like to have underage sex (illegal) and get pregnant ^_^

Sounds like you are too smart to waste much time pondering over something like that too :p

I spent a lot of my teenage years just trying to make sense of how to get along in the world (... and listening to music at mind blowing volume and hating my teachers...) :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I started watching Secret Life over the summer, and I actually got a couple of nightmares from it.

One, I remember clearly because it was so emotional. I was at the abortion clinic, having a meltdown. I remember feeling utterly trapped, with no way out.

I would never be able to have an abortion. It is against my moral beliefs and just thinking of it gives me the creeps. Not to mention the physical discomfort of actually causes to have one. I would rather give birth. :|

Giving birth is no easy road to go through, either. I took Child Development 1 the past semester (And am NEVER taking it again. ;-; ) and we learned the process from conception to birth. Then we watched a completely uncencored video of a woman giving birth - it was uncomfortable and frightening honestly. I think it crossed the line of what is appropriate to show in class, being most of the video was filmed between the woman's legs when the baby was being born. I know that I don't want to give birth for a long, long time now - motivation enough for me to watch what I'm doing!

Just the that there is no way out is what's frightening. To me, abortion is just as bad as going through birth. Those are your only two options. Both would be life changing - I would have to deal with the fact that I killed an innocent child for the rest of my life, or I could raise a child when I'm unprepared and not ready. Even if I put my child up for adoption - I know that it would be something that would haunt me for the rest of my life.

I have a few friends who have had abortions. Most of them have successfully killed their baby by kicking and punching their stomachs, which is aweful in my opinion. My one friend tried that, but the baby still didn't go away. She had to go to the clinic to get it removed - and she was only 12. D:

All you can do is be careful and smart about what you do. Know the consequences, and be ready to accept them.

I would never do that,

My parents would probably never aprove of that, and I wouldn't break that promise xP

I imagine that would be scary to be a mother still in school.

If I did get pregnant at a young age, I probably would get an abortion. I know I would never want to kill my child, but its too much stress and work for a teenager to handle!

My parents would probably never aprove of that, and I wouldn't break that promise xP
My mom already told me that if I, "turned into a tramp," (In other words, got myself pregnant), that she'd kick me out of the house and would want nothing to do with me. ;-;

I have a few friends who have had abortions. Most of them have successfully killed their baby by kicking and punching their stomachs, which is aweful in my opinion. My one friend tried that, but the baby still didn't go away. She had to go to the clinic to get it removed - and she was only 12. D:
Oh my god. 12?!!? I'm not stupid, that's not healthy, ever.

And I agree, I have no idea what I would do... honestly. I'd never want to get an abortion. Plus, I would probably be going to a Catholic High School, and coming in one day Pregnant (which is bad enough to break a commandment.) and not the next, I'd get expelled, for sure.

I want to have a life ahead of me, I just, wonder what it would be like If I could choose a road, and then go back.. to see what I like best.

Yea

i sometimes wonder what it would be like having a screaming parasite at such an age O____o

as for drugs i would never do them

im scared of addiction

Sometimes I would wonder what it would feel like to be at sch a young age and have a baby --But, I'll never try it.

I wouldn't want to do drugs.

I've always wondered how it would be like for the parents.. but never myself. That's just scary, though.

My mom's a doctor, and one time she had this patient who was 12, and she had a baby. :angry: That's like... me, being a mom!! :rolleyes: (and that's not even possible for me yet!!!) That would be so weird, having a baby already... I'd have to quit school (not even in high chool yet :eek: ) and I'd probbly get kicked out of the house.. I'd need money and stuff, and my life would be RuInEd...

ScArY o_O

I have wondered what it would be like to go back and make different decisions, like, whether or not to wear make-up, or be lazy at schoolwork. I don't know. And I'll never know. That's what I chose, to not wear make up and not be lazy at schoolwork. And I'm a better person than I would've been if I had done it. I know that if I didn't do schoolwork, I'd never become a surgeon. I know that if I did wear make up, I'd look as much of an idiot that a girl in the news did. She got pregnant when she was 14. And she had the baby. She ended up failing all of her schoolwork, and left school a month after the baby came. Never heard of her since. I feel bad for the child.

So, yes. I have wondered what it'd be like to choose a different path, but I know I wouldn't do it. Someone could come to me and say, "I can let you go back in time, to change your history." And I'd go, but I wouldn't do anything to change it.

I've thought of that before. And I wouldn't have a baby at 15.

And I would never do drugs. I'm too afraid of death to try them.

I have a few friends who have had abortions. Most of them have successfully killed their baby by kicking and punching their stomachs,which is aweful in my opinion. My one friend tried that, but the baby still didn't go away. She had to go to the clinic to get it removed - and she was only 12. D:
That is disgusting and really a sadistic thing to do.

I am appalled at that. o_e

I actually have wondered about that, more than a young girl should. When I was about 7, I would always make up scenarios that my mother lived in the house with me (age 16) and my toddler/baby brothers and sisters played by my baby dolls. Then I would pretend that me, again, age 16, was pregnant. Why I did this, I couldn't tell you. I was definitely a strange little kid, but this was, I guess, just my curiosity at the time.

My sister is 18 and she hasn't had well you know...

Personally, it sickens me. I mean, kids who are 10-20 smoke, do drugs, get pregnant, and all bad stuff.

I don't know why people at 15 would WANT to have a baby. They are young and people usually don't have a baby until they are ATLEAST 20 years old.

Oh, and I would NEVER do that. My parents wouldn't even allow me if I WANTED to.

Honestly, I would be devastated, confused, anxious, frightened, having no idea what to do. I'd literally DIE if it was me...

I've had a nightmare of myself becoming pregnant before (don't get me wrong I had no idea why) - and gosh the memories of those fears are still so vivid...

I would freak out. But I would not get an abortion. I'm Pro-life. <3

Not that I would ever get pregnant before marriage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back