WHAT!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dont u think its horrible???

• DO YOU THINK ITS TRUE?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DO YOU THINKS IT NOT TRUE?

• OR DO U THINK IM LYIN?(NOT LYIN)!!!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pink*tamagirl

Reaction score
i heard people are makin fake tomagatchis and selling them on the streets for only two dollars and they brake after two days or the batterie goes dead and my mom almost bought me one but instaed she went to TOYA R US to get the real kind cause the fake ones dont say tomagatchi at the top they have like this wierd sign thats how u know its not real!!!! :huh:

Unfortunatly I am sure this is very true. If a company makes a good toy people are right behind them with cheap alternatives to try and cash in. It's a fact of life and I would be vigalent in buying anything 'on the cheap!'

Cheap is never a good alternative, you get what you pay for :rolleyes:

If you go on ebay you can find a lot of fake tamagotchis. I belive you about this, but I've never seen them bing sold on the street.

ask your mom if this is what it looked like here is the pic------> https://static.flickr.com/2/3621508_df27e36fbb_m.jpg
Wow that's a strange tama!

Yes, there are fake ones off the street. And people do this because virtual pets, especially tamagotchis, are very popular and get sold really quickly.

I've seen many fakes out the streets. Sometimes you can find them in corners of small toy stores. I've seen animal-imaginado, fake and mean. On the package it says tamagotchi characters, and when you open the package it has frogs and hamsters and puppies! Also a lot more thicker!

IF you have any more questions about fakes, I'd be glad to answer them. I've seen millions of fakes!

-TE-

they are selling fakes but u may get a virtual pet which is a copy of a tama or 1 like a dinky dino which have a license to sell them

There always such drama about "fake tamagotchis". Technically a "fake" tamagotchi would be a piece of plastic that doesn't have any circuits... it would be more of a figurine. Any other tamagotcho is not a "fake" as it is so often worded, but rather an alternative brand.

Bandai are not the only ones allowed to use the idea of a virtual pet. And just because Bandai is perhaps the biggest producer of virtual pets, it does not mean that anyone else who does is trying gip you. There are a lot of people out there who can't afford to spend $20 on the hip brand of tamagotchi but will buy something cheaper to fulfill their kids desires and looks similar.

Now as far as whoever said "Cheap is never a good alternative, you get what you pay for :lol:
That is a generalisation which just doesn't hold water. Cheaper brands don't always mean cheaper quality. There are plenty of items that I buy homebrand that do a better job than the label and as far as tamagotchis go... my favourite tamagotchi was not a Bandai and to this day Bandai have never produced anything that was as good for me.

What it comes down to guys is this, if you want a Bandai tam make sure you read the packaging before you buy. People will sell cheaper alternatives at the markets, at the shops, on ebay and anywhere else you'd look. Unless they specifically state in their marketing that they are Bandai when they aren't - there is nothing wrong with what they do. Do you expect a clothes company who makes similar style of clothes to Nike to label their packaging "NOT NIKE!"??? It's absurd isn't it... It is your responsibility when you shop to make sure you do the research before you buy and make sure you are the one buying, not your mother, brother or sister etc.

*Topic moved to What's On Your Mind*

My v3 doesn;t say tamagotchi at the top, but it's real. I know because I can get stuff from Tamatown.com and I can connect with my v1's.

*~Tamagotchi~*

a few of the new v3s dont have "tamagotchi" written at the top, but u can always tell by the pakaging if its a real tama, coz fake ones dont say bandai ANYWHERE, or on the back of the tamagotchi. you could also tell if its a real v3, because v3s feature an antenna, which the fake tamas dont have................yet...

There always such drama about "fake tamagotchis". Technically a "fake" tamagotchi would be a piece of plastic that doesn't have any circuits... it would be more of a figurine. Any other tamagotcho is not a "fake" as it is so often worded, but rather an alternative brand.
Bandai are not the only ones allowed to use the idea of a virtual pet. And just because Bandai is perhaps the biggest producer of virtual pets, it does not mean that anyone else who does is trying gip you. There are a lot of people out there who can't afford to spend $20 on the hip brand of tamagotchi but will buy something cheaper to fulfill their kids desires and looks similar.

Now as far as whoever said "Cheap is never a good alternative, you get what you pay for :)
That is a generalisation which just doesn't hold water. Cheaper brands don't always mean cheaper quality. There are plenty of items that I buy homebrand that do a better job than the label and as far as tamagotchis go... my favourite tamagotchi was not a Bandai and to this day Bandai have never produced anything that was as good for me.

What it comes down to guys is this, if you want a Bandai tam make sure you read the packaging before you buy. People will sell cheaper alternatives at the markets, at the shops, on ebay and anywhere else you'd look. Unless they specifically state in their marketing that they are Bandai when they aren't - there is nothing wrong with what they do. Do you expect a clothes company who makes similar style of clothes to Nike to label their packaging "NOT NIKE!"??? It's absurd isn't it... It is your responsibility when you shop to make sure you do the research before you buy and make sure you are the one buying, not your mother, brother or sister etc.

*Topic moved to What's On Your Mind*
*nods* Since it was so long, I only read the top paragraph, but I already know I'll agree! XD

A fake tamagotchi would be plastic that did nothing. I have one, but its meant to be that way. Alot of people get tricked into buying tamagotchis that aren't the real thing. They aren't 'fake", they are just toys that are said to be tamagotchis but aren't, and break after one day. As said before, you get what you pay for. :)

My mum got my first tama when I was at school. She got it from John Lewis. I kept getting boys which really irritated me at the time becuase I wanted at least one girl. :)

Then, when I was on holiday, I went into Woolworths and there was a big box of tamas and I bought my second one. I had a girl and her and my other boy had babies. :ph34r:

I thought that I was back to square one when I got the boy, but after that I got girls. Now I have a boy and girl and just today they had two boys! WAHOO!!!!! :ph34r:

Giraffgotchi :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back