Whats the best Tama version for a "Newbie"?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ElfeofMoon

Reaction score
So, I had the first connection, the 2004 release.I bought it in 05 thought. I was 8 at the time, and a tamagotchi was to much for me. Now, 7 years later, I want to start again. What Version can you recommend to me? I dont need anything special, apart from a pause function. For school, cause Im not a sneaker.

It should also be available in Europe.

Kind of difficult to make a suggestion without knowing how much time you can devote to Tamagotchi.

I would recommend a v4, and originally planned to list the reasons... but decided not to.

There are many new options and it kind of depends on what you like to deal with.

School, Jobs, Various Items for Purchase...

Do you like games to be fast or do you have time/attention to devote for playing with your Tama.

If you cannot import a Color Tama from Japan, I say get a v1, v4 or v6 (Music Star.)

v1 if you want something to mindless fiddle with when it beeps. (No School, Job or Items.)

v4 if you want something with more options like school and work, but can neglect a bit when tired of Tama. (Has older online option?)

v6 if you want something that requires a lots of attention and effort to raise, but games are fast and the online option is very Fun/Cute.

Hope you find a Tama to your liking... and Happy 1st Day at TT. ^^;;

~Phnx

Last edited by a moderator:
I stopped with the old one because It got to much for me. It never actually died. I dropped it alot, and it would always act like I had ppressed reset, and so I would download and start again. But then It got to annoying and hard work for me to take care of it, so I neglected It. O am older now, and Realize that I should have used the pause function more excessivly.

But I can still use something that has middle to extensive care needs, since I have now grown.

I will take a look at everything, and for what i know now, a v4 is my choice. but thats due to change, maybe.

v4 needs alot of attention and you need to play games on it alot. i suggest you get a v2 or a v3. then slowly make your way up through the versions.

As said, I can deal with something that needs quite a bit of attention now.

But I may ask my v1 back fromt the friend that I gave it too while I am at it... well, ill see what happens.

I looked around a bit and am still all for the V4.

Since you seem to be interested in the v4... I can give a bit of reasoning behind why I recommened.

Personally, I do not like the games as they take some time to play (around 1-2 minutes per Game) and each win only gives 1 heart.

However, the Adult Job options are quite fun, and the School Game for points takes almost No Effort to win.

Also getting the secret characters is a nice challenge.

There is a fair amount of control over which characters you can get, provided you keep the weight low and stats over 20 points total.

At Child stage it can be confusing... (there IS a specific Child Chart though.) However once at Teen Stage, its Extremely Easy to get Specific Adults.

The mail icons seem unnecessary outside of getting money from Gotchi King and using the [!] icon for school and work.

Some of the food items actually raise Skill Points... This is the first Tama which I found food purchases useful.

There is also an Online v4 World that you can go on. (I admit to have not personally used it myself yet.)

It has the pause option you want.. and also can deal with a fair amount of Neglect. (Some of the Neglect characters are actually cute.)

Out of all the current English Connection Tama I own, it is the most Balanced and has nice options.

Though not my favorite (I hated it, 1st Generation), the v4 has earned a spot in my permanent collection.

~Phnx

The V4 is my favorite version of all time. It has awesome characters, I happen to love the games (@Phnx, if you win the games, they actually DO fill all the hearts...), and it's still a (fun) challenge to see which family I'll get into, which secret character I can get, everything...

I'm also enjoying the Tamago right now. I think if I was only running it, it might get boring, because I'm used to mail, jobs, ect., but I like running it with my V4. Have fun with your decision!

Violetchilluvr3

Hello there and welcome to TamaTalk. I would say that you should or I would run a V2. There are many characters on that one that you can chose to play with. The Shop function was fintroduced on the Version 2. Under the play icon, The same icon used by Games, one could select the option Shop where you could use points to purchase different items. The shop only carried 4 items at once, and would restock with different items at 3:00 PM and 7:00 PM. The shop also featured secret codes that you could imput to recieve special items. You would press A at the shop screen until the shop owner would make a shocked face. The player could then input one of the passwords for a free item. There Characters on this one are the ones that were in the v1 mixed together with the Osutchi and Mesutchi Tamagotchi way back from *97. Based on this information I have provided and if I was you, then chose this one! Its so much fin and you won't get bored with it for a while as there are several characters.

Kindest Regards

Jordboss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back