What's the difference between Tamagotchi Friends and Tamgotchi Gen 1, 2?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 219744

Reaction score
hi ya'll,

I'm planning to get myself a tamagotchi. Right now I know that there are many coloured versions like Tamagotchi Pix, but I would prefer to get those black-and-white ones. I used to have Tamagotchi Friends when I was rlly small, and it kind of disappeared haha

I'm planning between getting a Tamagotchi Friends or Tamagotchi Gen 1/ Gen 2. Honestly, they all look the same to me. Are there any differences? Do they have the same functions? All I know right now is that the width of Tamagotchi Friends is thicker than that of the Tamagotchi Gen 1/2.

If any of ya'll know anything else and would be willing to tell me, please do! Thank you all in advance!

The Gen 2 is specifically called the Dream Town Digital friend. That one has more features, the Tamagotchi can go different places, and go to Dream School, which can influence the evolution depending on what classes you take. I recommend the Gen 2 over the Gen 1 because it's just a improved version in general. The Gen 1 also has a limit of 5 connections/bumps per day, and some characters are locked behind connecting with another Tamagotchi to get the social trait, which are both irritating.

Latest posts

Back