whats the problem, with having a Facebook,

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cute_chicks_rock_n_roll

Reaction score
I'm 12 right now and I have a Facebook. Alot of people think I'm too young but the truth is I got one so I could stay in touch with long distant family friends and relatives. I did not get one so I would seem older. Also Facebook has very fun stuff to do like flair, and pictures etc... Why does everyone make such a huge deal about me having a Facebook? And is it wrong for me to have a Facebook?

I got Facebook when I was twelve. There's nothing wrong with it.

I know coutnless people that got Facebook when, or before, they were twelve.

I just hate it when kids in grade six get a Facebook, and act like complete sluts in their high-angle photos. D:<

I'm 12 right now and I have a Facebook. Alot of people think I'm too young but the truth is I got one so I could stay in touch with long distant family friends and relatives. I did not get one so I would seem older. Also Facebook has very fun stuff to do like flair, and pictures etc... Why does everyone make such a huge deal about me having a Facebook? And is it wrong for me to have a Facebook?
actually... It's not wrong. I have one, I'm 11, I don't think it's bad.

;)

there is nothing wrong with it. I know a girl that's 7 and she has facebook. and she can't even read. lol

Well. one word,, dirty old men [dang! thats 3]

Seriously. There may be a cool person you may know but its actually a [dirty old man] posing as them. My cousin was asaulted 'meeting up' with her long time no see friend and it turned out to be a [dirty old man] posing as the friend over the interweb.

I geuss Myspace isn't facebook, which is the discussion,

but..

still, I think cluck_cluck_chicken has a point xD

but I'm only friends wiff people I know

and some people that my sister knows only, but I've gotten to know them. :]

and trust me, dirty old men

could NOT pull of the gorgeous pictures these amazing scenies have. srsly. xDD

It's not "wrong" but there is a reason you're supposed to be a certain age to use these kind of websites.

I can't say I've always followed the online rules [i'm "legal" now though] but there's a lot of junk out there that you can get into with lack of knowledge and maturity. There is a HUGE gap between a ten year old and a thirteen year old - there just is. I noticed the huge difference when I was in 8th grade looking at the 6th graders. There's nothing wrong with that but we have to keep that in mind.

Facebook was not created for middle schoolers simply because a lot of middle schoolers do not have the maturity use such a site. Obviously some older people don't have that maturity, either, but by that point their are accountable for their actions. :D

...and trust me, dirty old men

could NOT pull of the gorgeous pictures these amazing scenies have. srsly. xDD
Sadly, that just demonstrates how easy it is to fool people. Because, yes, they can and yes, they do :D

so please, don't say something like "Trust me, I know... " because a lot of "dirty old men" are not ignorant creeps.. they are educated, smart and cunning and they know exactly which things to say and which buttons to press to get a person's trust - that's why they are so dangerous...

You are totally right to be friends only with ppl you know or ppl you have gotten to know through your sister. If you know them personally, that is fine. If they are a "friend of a friend" I would be cautious.

TW/P sums it up perfectly:

Facebook was not created for middle schoolers simply because a lot of middle schoolers do not have the maturity to use such a site. Obviously some older people don't have that maturity, either, but by that point their are accountable for their actions. wink.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I think your fine as long as you are safe about not becoming friends with someone you don't know in person and as long as you are careful.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a Facebook and a Bebo when I was twelve. I'm legal now though. I think it's pedos that the authorities are so worried about, but I think any age is fine as longs as their mature enough.

I have a myspace, but I don't use it to meet people. My school has an entire little system worked out. We all have profiles and all are friends, so we can all use it to communicate during breaks and stuff. Also, all of our profiles are on private. I don't see anything wrong with having a myspace at this age for that reason.

I don't see the problem. I'm in 8th grade and I know a handful of 7th graders who have a FaceBook. I use FaceBook to chat with some friends, and I use it to keep in touch with my friends from the sibling support group I went to who live in other parts of Connecticut and in New York.

If you're just keeping in contact with long distance friends and family, that's fine. As long as you don't let strangers get a hold of your profile. :gozarutchi:

theres no problem

just don't accept friend requests from ppl u dont know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back