Whats up with people these days?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to get irritated with a few girls in my school who have suddenly gone from happy, spazzy, rather annoying but regular teenage girls to dressing in skinny jeans, band tee's, studded chokers, converse, and are still rather annoying.. I've overheard them in the bathroom talking about how terrible their lives are.

Even a close friend of mine does this and, since I told her about my anxiety, she's been having supposedly worse anxiety attacks than I have and may have to 'even be put on medication', like me. She's even told me that she's decided to go emo because she hates her life.

Personally, I think it's ridiculous. I've experienced depression and self harm that went past cutting to breaking my own bones purposely. It's nothing to glamorize, it's not fun, nor is it cool. -~-

Last edited by a moderator:
Funky~Lemon - Some people have legitimate reasons to hate their life. Not everyone is so fortunate. But I do agree with you that life is a gift, whether it is percieved that way or not.

blue♣slip (Ahlex?), I got thatt. D:

ive been noticing that too , especially some of my friends are the same

and in commercials theyre giving out depression pills for people who

have thoughs of suicde or killing others. i dont know maybe it has grown out more

and has been affecting people whos parents arent loving to them i guess

Some kids actually suffer from depression, whether it runs in their family, or just home issues.

Others are just fakes.

I'm one of those kids that have a lot going through my mind right now, and a few home issues.

If it wasn't for two friends of mine, I probably wouldn't be here today.

I'm not trying to be 'emo', it's just fact.

Many teens go through this faze due to puberty/family/pure pressure basically regular teen issues and many adapt to it sadly but truly but many people just don't know what else to do about the issues and they just want it to all stop. The best thing to do is stay out of it or try not to mention it to the person or try and help them. Yea I'm a spazzy cuppy cake too and proud lolz!

Last edited by a moderator:
It annoys me when people go "Im depressed" or "I hate my life" ugg

Some people act "depressed" for attention, or they didn't get that awesome belt at hot topic

Would an acctual depressed people talk about How "depressed" they are :/

This is my opinion

Deal with it.

I do tend to steer towards the 'emo' style. But that has absolutely nothing to do with how I feel.

Something that I've noticed is how much I lie to myself. I'm so incredibly numb, and I smother most emotions. So I'm not depressed. If one of my pets die, I feel almost no remorse, just disappointment. Something I'm afraid of, however, is that one day, I'm going to suddenly break through my little barrier, something is going to happen, and I won't be strong enough to take it. I'm not sure which is worse: Over exaggeration of emotions, or none at all. My form of dealing with stuff is forgetting about it, convincing myself I don't care, and distracting myself.

I've never practiced self-mutilation because I was depressed. I have, however, practiced it because I was curious. When I was a little kid, I slit my wrists a couple times because of a combination of liking to see the blood inside of me and wondering how badly it would hurt. I've done the same thing with burning myself and drinking/eating things I shouldn't so I could see what would happen. A terrible habit, I know. I try to stop.

I know, I always want people to be positive!!! It's kind of sad when I see people all depressed!!! (yes, I am a "happy spaz cake")

there's a kid in my class who apparently thinks emo is cool. So he goes and stands in a corner one day and puts on a depressed face, and he uses a red pen and draws on his arm pretending he cut himself. So sad.

Oh yeah, another kid in my class, we got this assignment on writing a poem, and our teacher asked what topic we were to write about. He decides to write about PAIN.

What. the. freak?

Everywhere I go theres people who are all like "I'm sad, i'm depressed, my lifes not worth living" Etc. Whats up with people these days? It seems its almost cool to be suicidal or depressed.

Why is is not cool to be happy? I know most people I know on TT are happy spaz cakes.

It makes me sad to live in a world where people think its 'cool' to be suicidal and such.

Have you noticed a rise in depressed or suicidal comments and such?
I have witnessed this sadly :p People are more sad than they used to be so it seems. I can't say I've never been very sad myself though, I've gone through times where I just couldn't stand life anymore, but now I'm a happy little spaz cake ^.^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back