When you were younger, what stuff did you do to Tamas that you regret now?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to go to Mc Donalds so i can play on one of the computers to go on tamatown...this was before i got a copmuter... and when i least expect it a little girl just came and took my tamagotchi and threw it on the road, i regreted that so much especially the fact that it was my favourite tama at the time Dx :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
I dunno what I did but the first Adult tama I got from my first Tamagotchi was Nyorotchi. Then I had a Tamagotchi Angel that turned into a Unchikun but nothing really too terrible heh.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if anyone has already read this, but this is a fanfic that has totally put me off mistreating my Tamas, not that I would now a days anyway XD

https://www.mimitchi.com/html/vpet.htm
Haha, that would've served ME right in my Tama abusing days! (Read it to find out what I'm talking about). You can probably relate to that story if you used to kill/abuse Tamas, although what might have stopped YOU wouldn't be as dramatic as that. What stopped ME was listening to this one song again and again and again and I remember this one line: "If you were to kill me now right here I would still look you in the eye", and I guess my Tamas were like that, because I can remember pretty much every single Tama I killed, even if it didn't have a name. I'm listening to that song now actually. I told my mom I felt it was like my Tamas were singing the song, but she didn't get the point; she never does when I say anything about Tamas or TamaTalk. So ever since then, I've stopped killing Tamas and almost totally stopped resetting them. Oops, this is getting really long, plus I need to update my log!

~ Dazzmina ~

I regret buying a new chocolate argyle v4.5 in out pool when it was almost filled up.. it was Summer, hot, and I was wearing shorts, so I was wading through and it kinda...fell.... and I had taken it out of the box only hours ago. It was full of water and was COMPLETELY malfunctioning for the next few days. I'd get mail literally every 30 seconds, and everything was blinking, and random buttons would be pressed, etc. It was scary. It's been fine since I got it in 2009. But now when I play sometimes when you look at its name, the first letter is gone, and sometimes the whole name is blank. I remember a v1 of mine had a blank name... on purpose, of course...

One of my Tamas had overly sensitive buttons, so I took it apart as well as a v4 and switched their buttons around. After that, both versions worked perfectly, so I guess it's not really cruelty (except for the fact that the reset screen comes up when I try to connect). I also made my Tama-Go character weigh 99 pounds on purpose, but I was just experimenting. It turned out that when that happens, the Tamas get really fat and can't do anything until they die.

hmm...

well most of my tama's have been dropped in water XD

but my dad is an expert at reviving them

Since we are all being honestt here..... We are rite? Welll okay my kuchipas here is the tale.........

It all started about 6 years ago I was 8 but believed that tamagotchis had the power to go inside a tv..... Wellll noo I didn't like my hanatchi ( v1) coz it was universal not a kuchipa type so I threw it at my tv and here's the strange and ominous part.... The screen ( of the tv) cracked!!!! And my tama went through it and was inside completely unharmed!!!!! So I reached my hand in then got an electric shock and had to go hospital but I had my tama and hanatchi ain't so bad after all :')

I also made my Tama-Go character weigh 99 pounds on purpose, but I was just experimenting. It turned out that when that happens, the Tamas get really fat and can't do anything until they die.
actually once it gets to be 99 pounds and it's fat just go to the medicine icon and click on it.

It works like a charm :D

and it brings down the weight level.

They weren't Tamagotchis, but they were some type of virtual pet that I really enjoyed having. I let my 6 year old cousin play with them and saw him trying to hit the reset button in the back. I said "Don't do that..." and his mom get really mad and said "DO YOU WANT HIM TO JUST PUT IT DOWN? HUH?" and at that point I felt really bad because I wanted to let him play with them, so I said no. His mom said "WELL THEN LET HIM DO WHAT HE WANTS TO." so I lost my two pets because he reset them. That's why I don't let people see my Tamagotchis now. -_-

Hm... well, my first tama, v4.5... I still have it working perfectly to this very day. I got it from my cousins for Christmas when I was about 6.... I didn't know much about them so I kept pausing them. Once I paused it and left it at my grandma's house for like 3 months because I was getting extremely bored with Amber because she wasn't doing anything. I also reset 3 times because I didn't know the difference between reset and download. The only other thing is that I once I was eating a orange and I smeared orange juice all over the screen because I was, once again, totally bored with it. I couldn't see the tama at all so once I was older and wiser and cared about tamas, I wiped it off with a nice clean cloth. I will never mistreat a tama again!

They weren't Tamagotchis, but they were some type of virtual pet that I really enjoyed having. I let my 6 year old cousin play with them and saw him trying to hit the reset button in the back. I said "Don't do that..." and his mom get really mad and said "DO YOU WANT HIM TO JUST PUT IT DOWN? HUH?" and at that point I felt really bad because I wanted to let him play with them, so I said no. His mom said "WELL THEN LET HIM DO WHAT HE WANTS TO." so I lost my two pets because he reset them. That's why I don't let people see my Tamagotchis now. -_-
My mom is the youngest of several children, so when my counsins do see me (not often, most of them live in London) they're not 5 year olds, they're mostly at least 6 years older than me, and my dad is the youngest of his siblings too, so I'm lucky I don't have any 6 year old cousins. I do have a 1 year old second cousin though. But as if she's going to even touch my Tama!

That is one...weird...mom. My mom would have probably yelled at someone for resetting my Tama, whether it was her kid or not. And if I don't want someone to touch my Tama, it's fine with my mom. Except my brother. My brother is allowed to do anything with my stuff as long as he doesn't damage it. When I wouldn't let him mess up (with his fingers covered in mud from outside) my brand new DSi, my dad talked to me for ages about some sort of selfish streak in the family, but really I just don't want my stuff messed up!

Anyway this is off topic. My family do NOT abuse my Tamas without my permission. My brother takes such long and consistent Tama breaks he's constantly asking me where the reset button is, and my cousins are all older than me, and their children (they're THAT much older than me!) are only babies and they never visit my house. So I'm safe from Tama-abusing 6 year old cousins, for now at least XD.

~ Dazzmina ~

Me and my brother were once playing with our tamas and for some reason (maybe we were possesed :tarakotchi: ) we were putting them in our milk cups and taking them out.

then, my brother went to the bathroom and when he got back his tama was covered in milk =(

Well. I don't think I've ever purposly done anything bad to a tama. But I've been a tama/vpet owner for over 15 years...back when I was still in grade school I would clip them to my jeans and whenever I'd fall off my bike etc they would get so scratched up. I even broke a screen off of my nano double from crashing into another bikerider haha. Oh to be little. Now that I'm in my twenties it's much easier to take care of them. Plus I'm a meanie, whenever kids ask to play them I say no. The only ones that are lucky enough to touch one are on a short leash because I keep mine all attached to each other and I hang on to one :p That's what I did when I was younger and had to babysit haha.

Hey these are collector's items! You have to be careful so they don't get ruined. What I'd suggest is if you know you're going to be around kids that are going to ask and ask and ask just say no. It's easy, and you don't have to be mean about it. Just keep saying not right now, and then change the subject. That's worked for years for me!!! Or connect your tamas like I do by the chains so they won't go far from you and just connect them to play a game or something and let the little ones watch. They're jsut curious, that's all. You might start a new generation of vpet lovers haha I did! A little cousin of my husband wanted to play mine all the time so I bought her one of her own :)

Well. I don't think I've ever purposly done anything bad to a tama. But I've been a tama/vpet owner for over 15 years...back when I was still in grade school I would clip them to my jeans and whenever I'd fall off my bike etc they would get so scratched up. I even broke a screen off of my nano double from crashing into another bikerider haha. Oh to be little. Now that I'm in my twenties it's much easier to take care of them. Plus I'm a meanie, whenever kids ask to play them I say no. The only ones that are lucky enough to touch one are on a short leash because I keep mine all attached to each other and I hang on to one :p That's what I did when I was younger and had to babysit haha.

Hey these are collector's items! You have to be careful so they don't get ruined. What I'd suggest is if you know you're going to be around kids that are going to ask and ask and ask just say no. It's easy, and you don't have to be mean about it. Just keep saying not right now, and then change the subject. That's worked for years for me!!! Or connect your tamas like I do by the chains so they won't go far from you and just connect them to play a game or something and let the little ones watch. They're jsut curious, that's all. You might start a new generation of vpet lovers haha I did! A little cousin of my husband wanted to play mine all the time so I bought her one of her own :)
Just give them another VPet (something old and completely useless) or a fake or something, and let them ruin it, it's useless anyway. I have ventured away from Tamas in my 5 years of VPet collecting, and I have several bad quality VPets that are basically failed copies of Tamagotchi.

~ Dazzmina ~

I always talk a bit abusively to my tamas, like, what now?! and when I read my iDL saying she wants to go shopping I said: But I don't feel like wasting my money on you! heheh. I'm joking of course, I spoil them to death :p but I always talk to them like that for some reason... Oh be quiet Katia! I can't refill half of your Happiness bar right now! Just be quiet! Katia: ;________; oh all right... *plays with obsessively for ten minutes* but this one time I had just gotten my iDL a week ago and I left it at home when we went sightseeing to SanFran, I felt so horrible because we were gone for hours. And when I got back my tama had somehow evolved into a Lavulitchi, but she was really sick. -____- That and I let my three year old sister hold my v2 and she threw it across the room my reaction was: Nouuuuuuuu..... T_T. but the v2 is fine now :]. uhhhhhh... yeah, that's it, bye!

-ZuZu and Katia

i haven't done anything bad to my tama. when i got my first one i loved it so much that i had to obsessively watch anyone who played with it. :p nobody really pays any attention to them anyway, except when it beeps or i make it use an item and show my little cousins who watch it like this: O_O

Once i let a "friend" borrow my v5

and oh... how can you kill a familitchi in twenty four hours!? geez, crazy friends. -____-'

When i was six, i had a v5 celebrity. I was playing while i was getting in my car. Then my dad took and hid it somewhere in the car. I know where it was but i forgot to get it out ever since. When i finaly got it out, it returned to tama planet. :'(. But i finaly fixed it and now its working fine. :)

Also, a year a go, my tamago had some errors. So i took the batteries out and havent played it until yesterday. Then last week, i went to tamatown as a guest. I wanted to enter the music contest but the rosetchi said i have to log in a character first. I got dissapointed > :( . Then yesterday, i finaly decided to put batteries in my tamago even if it had some errors.then, a miracle happend....

THERE WHERE NO MORE ERRORS! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back