Which battery size for karugamo(duck) land?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lunarsght

Reaction score
I got a vintage karugamo(duck) land, when I put lr44 and try to close the hatch, it strts to work (sound comes, screen shows duck egg) but I can't close the hatch.
The batteries seem to bulge a little.
Does this vpet use different btteries? lr43? anyone has this pet and can offer advice?

I got lr43 ones and was able to close in the hatch. Now the pet works but the contrast of the screen is a bit light and sounds have very low volume. Is it normal due to age of the pet, or am I using wrong batteries?

I'm pretty sure that you're using the wrong batteries - I'm not aware of any virtual pet from back then that didn't use LR44s!

Oh? But with lr44s the battery door just wouldn't close, they are a little bit fat for the compartment. They bulge so, as seen here:
24109d14-9568-4ae3-b97a-b9ab4bd70d7e.jpg

They don't sit well in battery compartment, they bulge out of it, preventing the battery door from closing. Lr43s are just a tad bit slimmer and they fit into the compartments perfectly, and the hatch can be closed.

However, the screen is not quite sharp, and the sounds are very low. I suspect the batteries I was able to find could be quite old, because I had great difficulty finding lr43s. I read your post in another thread, you said old batteries could cause such issues. Or maybe the vpet is very old, was not storaged in ideal conditions and is just malfunctioning?

Things to do: I must find brand new lr43s and try out them if the problem still persists. Also I must check with lr44s if it works better without closing the door, if the pixels are sharper and the sound is better, lr44 must be the right size. But why is the door not closing then?

In the meantime I am bonding with my ducky so I don't want to cause a reset just yet. Wah!

Oh look, @Penguin-keeper same problem told here in the very last post

https://www.tamatalk.com/threads/what-tamagotchi-is-this.196547/

Things to do: I must find brand new lr43s and try out them if the problem still persists. Also I must check with lr44s if it works better without closing the door, if the pixels are sharper and the sound is better, lr44 must be the right size. But why is the door not closing then?
Unfortunately, it could just be bad design! Please post back with your findings - I'd love to know how this turns out. :smile2:

Latest posts

Back