which iD L?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless you got EMS, and depending on where it's shipping from, it is not likely that it will get to you very early. Mine took two weeks exactly, and I consider that early. :p Maybe you'll be lucky and it'll come very early.

Well, I just got back from a 2-week vacation, and the iD-L was here! I've heard that Invisible Shield is good for protecting the screen; is there a cheaper alternative?

USB infrared: do they work and which one (brand, edition, etc) should I get? If not, what is a super-cheap cell phone that I could use for downloads instead?

How do you clean the iD-L screen? Mine already has fingerprints on it from trying to hold the Tamagotchi while opening the battery hatch (later I figured out how to open it).

Other information is greatly appreciated. I know enough basic Japanese to sound out what is on the screen, but not always know what it means.

Thanks!

Amat

Well, I just got back from a 2-week vacation, and the iD-L was here! I've heard that Invisible Shield is good for protecting the screen; is there a cheaper alternative?

USB infrared: do they work and which one (brand, edition, etc) should I get? If not, what is a super-cheap cell phone that I could use for downloads instead?

How do you clean the iD-L screen? Mine already has fingerprints on it from trying to hold the Tamagotchi while opening the battery hatch (later I figured out how to open it).

Other information is greatly appreciated. I know enough basic Japanese to sound out what is on the screen, but not always know what it means.

Thanks!

Amat
I'm not sure if InvisibleShield has a template for Tamagotchi iD Ls, but you can actually use a normal screen protector and cut out to its screen size.

As for the USB infrared, you can actually get anything as they all work the same. Getting it to work can be kind of tricky, but if you get the timing right you'll be customizing your iD L in no time.

Just like any smooth, lint-free cloth you use to clean your computer or phone screens will do. If you buy a screen protector, I think they come with a small piece of wiping cloth for you to clean the screen first before putting the protector in.

If you need translations, just shoot me a PM. ;) Enjoy your iD L! What colour did you get?

I'm not sure if InvisibleShield has a template for Tamagotchi iD Ls, but you can actually use a normal screen protector and cut out to its screen size.

As for the USB infrared, you can actually get anything as they all work the same. Getting it to work can be kind of tricky, but if you get the timing right you'll be customizing your iD L in no time.

Just like any smooth, lint-free cloth you use to clean your computer or phone screens will do. If you buy a screen protector, I think they come with a small piece of wiping cloth for you to clean the screen first before putting the protector in.

If you need translations, just shoot me a PM. ;) Enjoy your iD L! What colour did you get?
I got a purple iD-L because there were 3 colors: pink, purple, and yellow. Purple was 10% off, though I would have preferred yellow.

Also, can someone tell me what all this TamaMori, happy symbol, tree planting is? I know nothing about iD-L.

Edit: also, what is TamaTomo? I see it everywhere? I hear it has stamps??

Last edited by a moderator:
The TamaMori is where you go to buy items like clothes and Hats.

Happy Symbols are Different for each Adult character. If you have Mametchi his happy Symbols will be different from Makiko's. Some of them have a few of the same Items that give them the Symbol. There is another forum out there that has ALL the Happy Symbols and a growth chart.

You can go to the tama depa and buy a pack of seeds and plant them in your back yard and once you plant them the next day they sprout fruit or items or Vegetables. The Items are exclusive to only thoose seeds. There are three types of Seed Packets, one does items (The expensive ones with Stars on them) , one does Fruit (Pink blue and red polka dots) and the Other Does Vegetables (Are the first two seed options).

-Puri-

Thanks!

Amat
I just want to chime in with my opinions. :)

1) Screen protecter: I wouldn't bother spending lots of money on an Invisible Shield that you're going to cut up. Instead, go to a dollar store (Asian ones, particularly Japanese ones, usually stock some sort of thing like that) and get a protecter there. Much cheaper

2) IrDA USB: Most work for us. As long as you have a computer that's compatible (e.g Mine is only compatible with Windows XP and Vista, but I am a Mac user) and has a CD slot, you're good to go.

3) Japanese: I don't want to seem like I'm promoting things here, but HERE is a good log with translations. :)

4) Cleaning screen: I would probably just wipe it down with a soft cloth like ichiro.malfoy said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back