Which Tamagotchi do you guys suggest?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

burninglink5

Reaction score
Hey guys, I used to be big into Tamagotchi back during the era of P1, P2, and a little later on Connection V1. All of my old Tamas are long gone now, but I've been wanting to pick up a new one as of late. I was considering buying a P2 for nostalgia's sake, but those seem to be a bit pricier than I'd like to spend. Are the Tama-go and the Music Star good picks? They seem to be the easiest to come by/ the cheapest. Also, is there any store in particular where I'd be best off trying to find a Tama at, or will I have to snag one off of Amazon?

Thanks in advance. :lol:

Well... Have you looked into the characters? What is your price range or max? Do you want greyscale or a color screen?

Do you want English or Japanese...? More features or simplicity? Classic or more current?

Well... Have you looked into the characters? What is your price range or max? Do you want greyscale or a color screen?

Do you want English or Japanese...? More features or simplicity? Classic or more current?
Color screen doesn't matter to me; I think I'd prefer the greyscale, in fact. I'd like something on the easier side to take care of, since I have classes all day most days, but at the same time, I think I'd like something a bit more advanced than the P1/P2 or Connection V1 was. I've mostly been looking at the Music Star, (since its one of the cheaper Tama's I've found, and I don't want to spend more than 20-30 dollars maximum), but it seems like the people on here have some mixed opinions about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you like mini games? The idea of jobs? A v4 or v4.5 might be nice. Each job has a game to play, many of the newer tamas have simmilar games on either of the two. (music star or tamago & figures) v4 has more standard characters and the v4.5 has winged characters, both with different jobs. You get mail and can marry another tama via connection or the matchmaker.

I would say thats one of my favorite connections of the past. Most bang for your buck...

Music Stars are nice and basic, but they require to pay more attention during the day. Practice with the band, go to school, play games to make your personal tama better. Pass the judges to go have a pro debute.

Tamago are nice too. In time, I find I don't run it so often because I get bored of the games. It seems the tamas hang around much longer... (if you ran other connections, you would see why... 10 days, 8 if you do a connection marrage) I found it was a very simple tama, even with what was in the programming. (Once I had a color tama... This seemed very nave or limited)

If you want a tamagotchi not too demanding and easy to take care of you should go for the V3, old school but still more advanced than the P1/P2 V1. Shells are pretty but I don't really know about the prices.

The Tama-go is also great fun and really cheap. But much bigger than the classic ones, so if you want to let it at home while you are at classes that's just fine. You can buy additionnal little figures, adding more games and shops. And the grey scale screen is really neat ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back