who has autisim?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

violetchi_garden

Reaction score
I have high functioning autisim. so does my sister and my best friend. I'm looking for friends who are the same as me. Is life hard for you? do you get teased alot? I do. but not anyone at my shcool wants to help. good thing school is out. I'm going to middle school in a few weeks.

It must be hard for you. I've known different autistic people. One was my friend,micheal *last name removed*. He was a pretty cool guy. Anyway,maybe someone at your middle school will understand.Also,even though I'm not autistic,I will be you tamatalk friend.

Last edited by a moderator:
First, congratulations and good luck to violetchi_garden for starting middle school! :p

It may be difficult living with autism, but keep in mind that there are all different types of people in the world. While there are people who may harass you, there will always be people who will understand you and be willing to be there for you and become your friend. Remember, people living with autism can live a happy, healthy life just like normal people when they believe in themselves and have people who they can trust and rely on. I will be your TamaTalk friend as well! ;)

I know several kids with autism.

Tiffany, Zander, Morgan, and Anthony.

They get teased often, but I do my best to stick up for them.

People are cruel.

I take care of my husbands uncle, he lives with us, he is 39 years old and he is mentally disabled and has partial autism. Its not really bad, its just sometimes he cant hear you, see you, doesnt even know your there. He just stops what he is doing, stares off into space and talks to himself in his own world. If you yell loud enough he will snap out of it lol but it doesnt hurt anything so we let him do it. He has been like this his entire life. In school he was one of the "special" kids who went to lunch seperately than the rest of the school because they got teased, so many people have accused him of "checking out" their kids, and he gets snickers and comments all the time. He doesnt notice any of it but we do. He has NEVER been one of those stereotypical retarded people that they show on TV. He likes kids, but not like that, so when the new neighbor down the road starts threatening to call the cops on him cause he looked over at the kids playing in the yard when he walked by to go to the bus, it is rather frustrating. Its always the new people, the ones who are ignorant, and then you explain it to them and they say ok and sorry, but they dont really believe you.

Sorry, Im ranting now, I just hate how people get treated if they are the slightest bit different. You are a high functioning autistic person, so you should do fine in middle school. People talk about how middle school is so rough, and yeah, kids can be mean, but it sounds like you got some good friends so dont worry about it, just stay away from the jerks. And once high school hits you should do okay, high school students are a bit less judgemental in my opinion.

Good luck with school next year and I bet you will do fine!

Congrats on starting middle school! I hope you like it there. I sure do!

Gosh... that must really suck, having autism. I'm sorry I can't relate to you there. But it just burns me up that people treat autistic people like they're trash! Just try to ignore those people that tease you and make some real friends. The kind that stick up for you and will always be there when you need them. If you want a head start on making friends, you have tons of TT friends right here, including me! You just need to come online and we're there (well, most of the time) :rolleyes:

I have autism, asperger syndrom

//www.tamatalk.com/IB/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png <--------a video about it. -im EXTREMLY SHY

-I cry alot under pressure and stressed

-people think i cry to get out of school work (I DONT ITS FREAKIN STRESS!)

-people stare at me

-I dont talk to people even if they talk to me

-last year i was treated like dirt because i was differnt

Im compleatly normal exept im SUPER EXTRAMLY shy,i cry more offten, im allitle more imiture, and surtin things bother me

don't feel bad, im not autistic but I know how it feels to get bullied alot. Im familiar with autistic kids though because my dad actually helps autistic kids out, so if you want i would love 2 be you friend! ^_^

^_^ Congratulations on starting middle school!

I know someone with Asperger's Syndrome. Everyone teases him and thinks he's a freak, but sometimes I talk to him, and I can understand how hard it must be. He says that even his older brother makes fun of him at home, which made me feel very sad.

I think it's very brave of you to be able to post about your condition without shame. :angry:

It's a very strong thing to do, and I'm sure that other members with autism can relate and share with you, and those members who don't have autism can definitely learn a lot from this. :angry:

Love,

CB

I don't have autisim, but a girl at my old school does. Me and a a few other people would help her out with her schoolwork and such all the time.

Actually, I was tested for Asbergers. I don't (think) I'm autistic, though.

I have a friends who is. Pretty much nobody actually takes the time to treat him like the kind, caring person he really is. Situations like this are quite sad, but quite common. ^_^

:furawatchi: Congratulations on starting middle school! 

I know someone with Asperger's Syndrome. Everyone teases him and thinks he's a freak, but sometimes I talk to him, and I can understand how hard it must be. He says that even his older brother makes fun of him at home, which made me feel very sad.

I think it's very brave of you to be able to post about your condition without shame. It's a very strong thing to do, and I'm sure that other members with autism can relate and share with you, and those members who don't have autism can definitely learn a lot from this. :furawatchi:

Love,

CB
I agree. Getting to know yourself and this condition as well as talking with others about it is a great way of helping yourself and others!

My mom's friend's son has that as well. He got enrolled in a special place called Woodview here that deals with various degrees of autism like that and he's learned to be able to live with his condition easier while making use of it as well.

Asperger's can cause social awkwardness, but it can also make you really good with things like Math or Computers/Games. Jake's really good at figuring out numbers and other equations in his head and can be quite good at figuring out computers and fixing game consoles. He's not as awkward as he once was with people since going to Woodview and eliminating other family issues in his life, and he's doing quite well from what I hear. He's living with a couple friends in Hamilton now and will eventually look into some math or computer courses in college or something.

So it'll be a tough road ahead, but maybe in the future you can use the things you might gain from your condition into stuff you enjoy doing and get a lot out of it :p

I used go to a special class(andI'm still there somehow) where all the kids there have aspugers.(high functioning autisim) last year my teacher told me that I told kareem(a really mean kid) that connor(someone else in my class) freaks out to the word starwars . com. I didn't remember doing that but I said I did because If I told him I didn't do it then he would yell even louder. turns out that because of that all the other kids in the class got beaten up all the time and everyone hated me. and the principle didn't even want to do anything about it! then we had to have a private recess all the time. at least kira was still my friend. I listened to "I'll Stand By You" the rest of the day.

my life is SO depressing. :) :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

at least my old class is moving to a new school(middle school)

Last edited by a moderator:
If you don't mind me asking, what is autism?
[SIZE=14pt]Autism.. I believe its a sydrome that controls the nervous system(I think) and mostly controls the brain I believe.It beleive its a birth defect... Some people have it moderate to servre(sp?)... I feel VERY sorry for those who have it.[/SIZE]

VG: Good luck! I know a person who has autism(Or something, docotrs don't know) and I try to help her, like being nice to her and talking to her and stuff. (But she's in a different summer school class) I go to a special Ed class too(I have ADHD/ADD*), I went for LA and Math. But that girl I was writing about, unfortunately she doesn't go to any of her other classes, she just stays with the same people in the same room.

And if anyone makes fun of you, don't react! It'll make you more depressed.. And your life doesn't have to be depressing, as I said above, and you don't need to listen to any one if they say "Haha... ______ is ____" ,

becuase everybody(YES everybody) has problems, even if they don't show it, even me, I don't show My ADHD but my friends know I have it(I have a friend who has ADHD too...And my sister has ADD. So I can cope), but if they told somebody, and they made fun of me, sure I would feel sad, but I'd just walk off and go on w/ my day... And DON'T let ANYONE tell you you can't do something, becuase you can! I thoguht it would be impossible to learn instruments becuase I have a problem, but I ain't gonna let it dampen my dreams. You can me anything you want to be, don't let something dampen your dream, my dream is to become a musician, but am I gonna let ADHD ruin it??? NO. =)

Also, make some friends that share your hobbies.. =) It will make them and you happier!

Good luck!

RT

*I know I have ADHD but I am not hyper all the time, I might have ADD or both...*

[SIZE=14pt]Autism.. I believe its a sydrome that controls the nervous system(I think) and mostly controls the brain I believe.It beleive its a birth defect... Some people have it moderate to servre(sp?)... I feel VERY sorry for those who have it.[/SIZE]
Thanks! ^ _ ^

I have high functioning autisim. so does my sister and my best friend. I'm looking for friends who are the same as me. Is life hard for you? do you get teased alot? I do. but not anyone at my shcool wants to help. good thing school is out. I'm going to middle school in a few weeks.
When I was in preschool I was believed to have autism because my teachers would have to say things over and over before I respond. In fifth grade (almost 4 years ago) it turned out to be Attention Deficit Disorder.

My sister is very low function autism.

I also heard they are working on a medicine cure that worked on the lab rats. They are testing it on humans this year.

I wish the best for you ^^

Also, it's not a birth defect. You don''t have it when your born x.x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back