Why are you so crazy about Tamas ?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How adorbzz they are.<3

And they were a huge part of my childhood. C;

Well, here are my top reasons~

• Adorable characters....I love getting new ones and learning why/how I got that specific character. But then again I hate oldies so I get really angry when an adorable adult turns into an ugly oldie. I worship Ichigotchi and Kuchipatchi O.O :ichigotchi: :wub:
  • Nurturing :) I especially love the baby and child tamas....they are just so darn cute!
  • Shell designs~~~ Certainly one of my favorites. Some shell designs make me WANT to play with the tama more...it's weird. My chocolate argyle v4.5 and green camoflauge v2 are my favorites along with a pale lilac deco-gotchi v1, my sister's Tama. Other colors and patterns make me NOT want to play with the tama. The current shell design I'm obsessed with (I don't know what version) is a light pink tone, with small flowers and vines around the edges of the "cracked" part of the screen.
  • The fact that tamas reproduce! LOL... It's so cute when your adorable little tamagotchi has a baby of its own ;)
  • Other people have tamas too! I'm not alone in the trend! I can obsess with other people!!
  • Tamagotchis are 100% PORTABLE! I bring them swimming and in the shower (sealed in several ziploc bags of course [it might sound creepy to you]), outside when I hike, biking (yes, I set up a nice little Tama-holding station with rubber bands on my handlebars), walking, running, school, to other people's houses. The only reason I didn't get a Tama-Go is because they're waaaay too bulky! (I'm in luck....tomorrow there's a concert being presented at my school in the auditorium, which has the perfect lighting for me to secretly play my tama and not have any teachers notice!)
  • Most people I know just laugh when they see me playing with my Tama. They also think they're cute
  • They aren't -too- expensive
  • The characters are easily made out of Polymer clay ;) :mimitchi:

And that's all I can think of for now

I have a tendency to double post but I do actually have something to say here. :p

Actually, I'm often puzzled why I love Tamas. They've been a big part of my life for almost 6 years, and I know that's not very long, but I haven't lived very long - almost 11 years. I never stopped to think, why am I doing this? Why do I collect Tamas and love them? Why do I go on TamaTalk? There are two reasons:

1. The challenge and competitiveness. I've always been very competitive, and TamaTalk is the one place where that comes to anything. At school, you just get teased if you're good at schoolwork, but here, you actually gain something and give others something by making good posts, a good log or good artwork. I don't know if kids are supposed to feel like this, but I need a purpose to life, something to work for. I see taking care of Tamas and contributing to TamaTalk as my duty or purpose, and I try to be as dedicated to that as possible.
  2. The unchangingness. I've had enough change in my life so far (6 schools, 5 houses, a few years living half-and-half in two countries) and Tamas have always provided something I can use anytime, and it will always stay the same, whether I'm in an aeroplane, a car, a taxi, an airport or a new school. If I didn't have them, I'd have nothing solid to balance my life on - I always have to leave behind my house, my school, my guinea pig, my ducks, but Tamas will always stick with me and will never change.

I like how happy they make people when they see them. Just today I was in the checkout line at goodwill and I was messing with mine and a guy saw it and his face just lit up. Also others will play with it willingly while they won't with anything on a phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back