Why did my Tamagotchi die?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePleb

Reaction score
A friend recently bought me one of the original tamagotchis (I think one of the remakes that they brought out again a couple of years back) and today it died for reasons I can't work out.

Here are the facts:

- The tamagotchi was 3 years old and a Marutchi

- the tamagotchi had full hunger and happiness

- The tamagotchi was base weight at the time of death (10oz)

- I'd spent a fair amount of time playing with the tamagotchi over the weekend

- I hadn't played many games today as I'm working from home, had instead fed it snacks to keep it happy

- I played several games within the last hour to reduce its weight down to 10oz again. I think it had got as heavy as 16oz

- Less than five minutes after the last game I played it was sick and wouldn't let me press any buttons, then died

I am flummoxed. What did I do wrong?!

You gave it too many snacks. In the remakes, there are consequences for feeding them too many, ranging from affecting which evolutions you get (as far as I can tell, at a certain point, too many snacks count as care-mistakes), to an early death if you overdo them during the child stage.

I've found that five or so in an entire lifetime, with a maximum of one or two during the child stage, doesn't seem to prevent the best-care outcome, but I haven't experimented with it any more than that.

Wow, I didn't realise I could do that! It's not a thing on the connection tamagotchis, which is what I am used to. Thanks for letting me know, I'll resolve to be more careful with the next one.

No problem - glad to help! :)

For what it's worth, it wasn't a thing on the originals that these are remakes of, either - it was a new addition just for these reissues, and I haven't seen it fully documented yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back