Why did the drama teacher do this?!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately I have to agree with majority of folks who posted here. Being an actress or being someone who enjoys drama classes, you won't always get the best parts, and when given that situation instead of making it seem so negative, you need to make the best of it and play the roles really well to let the teacher know you're serious. That's what it's about.

I did not always get the best parts in the theatre. When I was 10 I was one of the ladies at the ball in Cinderella who had only 2 lines, but I memorized those lines and well. Despite only being 2 lines I wanted my minor part to be well down. In a drama class production, I was the third main character who had less lines than the first 2 people, but the character "Melody" had a lot of action sequences like one where I got turned into a toad. Not one of my favourite parts because it hurt my knees but I did it 110% as well. Point is I didn't always enjoy minor roles or spots where I didn't like it, but to enjoy drama you must have characters or times where you dislike parts.

I do agree both your first post explaining your problem and your second one getting offended by our critism tells me your thoughts on the whole acting and play experience are in the wrong direction, and it will only lead to more negative thoughts and feelings in the near future. I'm not being rude or harsh, I'm telling it how it is as the others are in this topic to help you further your enjoyment of drama, as well as show you some reflection on your attitudes. If you feel the critism was too much for you, and do not wish to take it in stride, then that's up to you, but you can't say later on we didn't try to help, that's all I'm getting at.

Not trying to sound mean but, Please! Get some spine. If you're really cut out for acting you'll worry about how to best portray this character. If you care too much about the other parts, how are you supposed to do even halfway well on your own. It is exceedingly childish to pout because you want a different part. ;)

Unfortunately I have to agree with majority of folks who posted here. Being an actress or being someone who enjoys drama classes, you won't always get the best parts, and when given that situation instead of making it seem so negative, you need to make the best of it and play the roles really well to let the teacher know you're serious. That's what it's about.
I did not always get the best parts in the theatre. When I was 10 I was one of the ladies at the ball in Cinderella who had only 2 lines, but I memorized those lines and well. Despite only being 2 lines I wanted my minor part to be well down. In a drama class production, I was the third main character who had less lines than the first 2 people, but the character "Melody" had a lot of action sequences like one where I got turned into a toad. Not one of my favourite parts because it hurt my knees but I did it 110% as well. Point is I didn't always enjoy minor roles or spots where I didn't like it, but to enjoy drama you must have characters or times where you dislike parts.

I do agree both your first post explaining your problem and your second one getting offended by our critism tells me your thoughts on the whole acting and play experience are in the wrong direction, and it will only lead to more negative thoughts and feelings in the near future. I'm not being rude or harsh, I'm telling it how it is as the others are in this topic to help you further your enjoyment of drama, as well as show you some reflection on your attitudes. If you feel the critism was too much for you, and do not wish to take it in stride, then that's up to you, but you can't say later on we didn't try to help, that's all I'm getting at.
Very nicely put. ;)

I completely agree.

Do not worry if you do not get the character you want. There are many plays and you will always hav an oppurtunity to be in a play. Do not worry if you do not get the character you wanted. If you don't get the character you want but at least get one, that means you are talented and that some day you will get the part you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back