why do people say

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

monkeyz10210

Reaction score
so here is the q why do people say bless you

when you sneeze..i mean u just are sneezing

i mean they dont say bless you when you fart or like

hiccup..u get wht i mean....i am just so curious right

now so i dont kno wht to think..

just a random question tht i want ot be answered.. :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've heard a few different things. Back waaay way long ago, as I've heard, people used to think that when you sneezed you were sneezing out part of your soul! Now that's something to be blessed over! :huh:

Another reason I've heard is because your heart stops for a second when you sneeze. I prefer the first reason, though, just because I find it more amusing.

Oh yeah. My english teacher told us about that.Now let me remember. It think its like tamaw/pants said. That like your heart stops for a second and they didn't want you to die so they're all like bless you.

Maybe it's because way back, when you got a cold or were sick, you really could die. Just a thought but I like that sneezing your soul out thing. Neat.

I've heard a few different things. Back waaay way long ago, as I've heard, people used to think that when you sneezed you were sneezing out part of your soul! Now that's something to be blessed over! :(
Another reason I've heard is because your heart stops for a second when you sneeze. I prefer the first reason, though, just because I find it more amusing.
Yeah, there are many reasons people think it might be said.

Some people think it is because when you sneezed, people thought you were possessed and were trying to rid yourselves of a demon.

Another reason is because sneezing was one of the signs of the black plague. The onset of the plague was so quick that as soon as you started to sneeze, it meant you were dying. They had no time to give everyone their last rites, so they said a quick "God bless you" and let you die.

I've heard a few different things. Back waaay way long ago, as I've heard, people used to think that when you sneezed you were sneezing out part of your soul! Now that's something to be blessed over! B)
That's both very creepy, and very amusing XD

I heard that your heart stops when you sneeze, so they say 'god bless you' in prayer your heart would beat again.

lol inneresting

The heart stopping for one second is not true. Ur heart never stops. But saying "bless you" dates back so long ago that no one really knows, but i have heard that people believed that sneezing was a sign of the devil possessing you, and saying "bless you" got rid of him.

*BaBi*

I think in the old ages they said that becuse thay thoght the devil passed throgh your soul so they say 'god bless you'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back