Why do you love tamagotchi?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are so many adorable characters to take care of~ :D When I was young I did like the fact you could carry it in your pocket like a precious little treasure. It's was like an egg you could hold and keep warm. :wub:

I've been a fan of the Tamagotchi brand for 17 years. I love how it has evolved with the times and technology. It's amazing how each new version is unique and special in its own way. The toy itself is an amazing little computer. I hope to continue collecting for many years to come. :mimitchi:

I simply adore all the many different characters and the cute-looking appearance ^_^ Taking care of a little creature and seeing him evolve is just awesome. Nowadays one reason to love Tamagotchis is also nostalgy!

The reason on how I found Tamagotchi is one of the reasons I love and cherish it. Along with helping people with their questions, helping the Tamagotchi Community, and it being a lovely and funny pet of course. It isn't just the Tamagotchi, it's the people around it is why I love it.

Well, I love Tamagotchi because:

I have a weakness for portable electronics I can take anywhere, plus points if it is a virtual pet!

I think the idea of raising a virtual pet is fun! Everything you need to take care of your Tama is in a small egg-shaped electronic!

I'm very antisocial and awkward and sometimes I feel Tamagotchis understand me.

It is a great companion if you are bored!

It teaches me to become responsible and to manage my time. (Wow, I sound like I'm making an essay!)

Tamagotchis are fun to take care of and raise!

Tamagotchi pets are just like real pets-minus the real cleaning-up of messes and buying money for pet food.

I use them as a distraction when I am so stressed!

I have so many other reasons but that's all for now! :)

I was in year 2 and everyone but me had a tamagotchi (i didn't even know what they were until a teacher told me) so being naive and a trend follower, I got my first tama. They were so much fun to keep and the best part wasn't actually the "getting the best care characters" part, instead it was connecting with all the different friends I had and making new ones during play time.

Connecting in the "house" (this closed off play house thing in the classroom) was the only and best way we could all connect without the teacher knowing. :lol:

I see it as a pet that you have to look after. I'm not allowed a real pet, so tamagotchi's are the closest things that i can have!

I never played solely for the aesthetic appeal of a virtual companion. Mostly, I liked the idea of figuring things out and collecting everything, to completion. Any run I had in the past involved buying all the permanent items and getting all the special characters, if not simply chaining all the possible characters in the family history.

Makes a great decoration and an innovative chirping alarm. It's fun to play with on silent, too; I occasionally like to press the buttons with my nimble fingers to accomplish some pointless task (collecting money off codes) while watching or reading something.

This is essentially the same reason I've picked up my simpler hobbies. I craft, write, modify software, and learn languages--probably just so I can have something else to do whle I'm doing something tedious that involves things of real importance (homework, reading the news, watching a classic film or show).

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine's kinda emotional! I always remember as a kid going to the store and seeing all the packaged tamas and it always made me so happy, thats why I continue collecting! :wub: I love how there are so many different styles and characters to discover! For some reason I've always been drawn to them over more advanced electronics, and when they started fading out I was so devastated! :( I still have quite a few, misplaced some but I'm determined to find them! I love the characters, the art and just over all the innocent vibe they give :ichigotchi:

I always loved that idea too. Just having little things that can connect and grow and you can "play" with etc. It's also very cute that you can keep them until old age or match them with a mate and keep their babies and raise them too! I also love the shell designs and how they're customizable. Also how people all over the world have them!! I'm more of a fan of v3-v4.5 which is now kinda "my" thing in my area....I don't know anybody around me who, at 17, still messes about with Tamas! But they were a staple in my childhood since 3rd grade (I remember crying when someone stepped on my v3!!!). I still adore the community around them but I really wish Tamagotchi USA would put more effort into it :/

I always loved that idea too. Just having little things that can connect and grow and you can "play" with etc. It's also very cute that you can keep them until old age or match them with a mate and keep their babies and raise them too! I also love the shell designs and how they're customizable. Also how people all over the world have them!! I'm more of a fan of v3-v4.5 which is now kinda "my" thing in my area....I don't know anybody around me who, at 17, still messes about with Tamas! But they were a staple in my childhood since 3rd grade (I remember crying when someone stepped on my v3!!!). I still adore the community around them but I really wish Tamagotchi USA would put more effort into it :/
That's why I'm thankful for this community, I will always love tamagotchi! I mean it's been nearly 11 years and I still get people to give me their old tamas :lol: I don't collect them for the sake of selling them in the future either, so I don't really mind if they're in perfect condition or not :D If it wasn't for tamatalk and other forum websites like this we'd be completely alone :angry: *shudders*

Tamagotchis are cute, and endearing. :lol: The toy itself and the characters. And even though I don't take advantage of the portability of tamagotchis much these days, I still get amazed at how they manage to fit so much content in a little egg. I'm impressed, even in this technological age. :p

And like a few others, having a pet really isn't possible for me, so that's why I got interested in virtual pets.

I just love the characters and pets. Plus, I loved the TamaTowns. That's pretty much it, really.

I live in the country, and I went to a really small school, so I never really had anybody to play with except my baby sister, and our cat. One day, we drove into town and when mum saw tamagotchis on the shelves, the Version 2, she wanted to get me one because she thought i was lonely. I told her I was fine but she made me get one. I kept it and didn't open it for weeks because i wasn't interested, until a rainy day when i was bored. And when i opened it and started it, i loved it! It felt like a true friend, always there for me. I've loved tamagotchis ever since!

For me, since I do have pets, it's more of a case of the portability. I am always very busy and away from home, so it's nice to have a cute little v-pet I can take care of and look at. If I could take my dogs everywhere with me, I would! I've had Tamagotchis for the past 10 years and played with them on and off, but at almost 20 years old they still capture my interest and imagination. They have certainly endured the test of time.

Nostalgia. It was my favorite toy as a kid when I got a P1 from the toy store, and it's still my favorite thing to play/collect now at 28. I have a completionist/collector's personality, and I like trying to get all the characters, all the happy stamps, and all the versions of all the Tamas out there.

Nowadays it's probably mostly that I'm too deep stuck in them to stop... It's funny though; I've asked myself this question a good number of times, and in the end I don't really know why. I mean, sure, the characters are adorable, but I'm usually not one to fall for cute things at all. And it's actually kinda bothersome to have a critter with you that needs so much care and attention all the while. Still that's what I do, and strange as it is I love it. :p

I started with tamagotchi more than eight years ago, and I was a lonely kid back then, so the company they kept me definitly weighed in.

I love learning new things about them and getting characters I've never had before, then seeing all of their animations. They are interesting and fascinating things, just as I think most everything can be if you just dig deep enough. Nerdiness is an art. :lol:

I think the reason why I like Tamagotchis and still use them even 10 years later is because of how adorable the characters are and how, even though they're just pixels, they're so full of personality and life! I don't know if I'm phrasing that right :p but every Tamagotchi character seems to just be so distinctive you know? There's just something so sweet about Tamagotchis... like this sounds silly and mushy but like! whenever I do raise a Tamagotchi to adulthood it feels like there's a lil bond between us. That sounds silly but whatever! :D

Also a part of it definitely is nostalgia cause I've been a Tamagotchi fan since grade 2 or 3 (I don't remember exactly) haha.

I remember the day in 1996 when I got my first Tamagotchi like it was yesterday. I was 9 years old and my mother drove me to Intertoys (Dutch toy store). All the way there I was bouncing in my seat thinking of a name for my Tamagotchi and what shell I would get. I got this one:

images.jpeg

I remember starting it up right there in the car. My friend who came over with her Tamagotchi and together we build a house for our Tama's from cardboard shoeboxes. we made small beds and tv sets. It was one of the happiest times in my childhood.

But eventually I lost my Tamagotchi and moved on to other toys/stuff. Then, years later, when the Connections came, my love for the Tamagotchi's came flooding back and I bought three. From then on: I kept buying any Tamagotchi that came out and caught my fancy.

I love the surprise element (if you don't check growth charts) of what character you'll get and I love "being needed". I'm at a age where I'd love to have children, but my life isn't ready for it yet (don't live with my boyfriend yet and getting pregnant will probably be hard with the auto-immune disease I have). I guess Tamagotchi's give me a opportunity to express those maternal instincts :p .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back