Wildlife Habitat Ideas

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

irock202

Reaction score
I want to build a Wildlife Habitat!

Do you have any ideas of what I can do?????

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :furawatchi:

In reality? Or are you just creating a model for a project?

Looking forward to hearing from you :mellow:

Well, If its a real life habitat,

1. It must have LOTS of room. (I'm talking acres and acres.)

2. What animals are going to be in it? Research the animals in your sanctuary.

3. You need LOTS of money to feed, care for, and get room for your animals.

4. Who are you hiring? Or are you just doing it yourself?

5. Is it open to the public, like a zoo?

Hope I helped!

Its the real thing. I'm buiding one in my front and back yard. I'm not going to take care of the animals! I'm just looking for ideas for stuff the animals can eat or use. Such as pinecones with peanut butter and birdseed on them. But we can't find any pinecones in all the snow we are getting! Just cool recipes and stuff for birds and bunnies and other local animals! :furawatchi:

Thanks you! :eek:

Good idea! For birds, maybe seeds will do. I have this wonderful plum tree in my backyard but every time it's in season the local birds eat them up ( ;) CURSE TEH DEVILS). I'm not sure if birds in your area like fruit as well?

Good idea! For birds, maybe seeds will do. I have this wonderful plum tree in my backyard but every time it's in season the local birds eat them up ( CURSE TEH DEVILS). I'm not sure if birds in your area like fruit as well?
You shouldn't be mad at them...would you rather have the birds not eat them and strave to death??? i wouldn't!!

The pinecone idea is wonderful, I used to do it as a kid and the birds loved it! You can also string unsalted, unflavored, butterless popcorn and dried berries on a string, which you can tie between 2 tree branches. Birds and squirrels will love that as well. Put out different kinds of birdhouses and feeders. It will give all sorts of birds a cozy place to stay. Suet cakes are great for attracting other kinds of birds, larger ones like Woodpeckers and Grackles and things.

Don't forget the little creatures on the ground! To provide lovely homes for toads, frogs, turtles, mice, voles, rabbits, etc., lay hollowed out rotting logs over on their sides on the ground. Create a woodpile out of chopped wood and broken twigs and dead leaves if you have them. Stack rocks on the ground so that you create some little crevices in between them. Provide lots of growing greenery on the ground for things to hide in. Provide a water source like a tiny pond or water pan for creatures to drink/bathe in. Things that live on the ground need lots of cover to feel comfortable. I let sections of the grass in my own backyard grow really tall, and I see rabbits, turtles, snakes, toads, voles, all the time!

You can plant things like Butterfly Bushes to attract butterflies and bugs, which in turn attract things that eat bugs. The variety of wildlife around butterfly bushes is astounding!

Good for you that you want to give animals a happy home in your yard! You are doing a wonderful thing. :ichigotchi:

it is winter time right now were i live...sorry i forgot to mention that <_<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back