Windows Movie Maker

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cinderpelt

Reaction score
Okay, so I have a few questions regarding Windows Movie maker. I've been experimenting with it the past few days, but have hit a road block.

How the heck am I supposed to add audio?

I made a slide show with all the pictures I took at Kennywood and want to add a song as background. I clicked on the, "Import Audio," on the left-hand side of the screen and everything, but it won't let me import any iTunes files because the file type isn't compatible, and it won't let me import anything from Windows Media Player because of the copyright.

So what am I supposed to do? D:

When I get home from school today I'm going to mess around with importing songs from CDs... but in the Help section it said that WMM doesn't save any audio to the movie directly... it just gets the audio file from where ever it is saved on your computer. So where would I save the songs on the CDs to? Or is this the wrong way to go about all together?

Also, I want to put some of my videos on WMM so I can edit them. The are taken on my cheap Kodak digital camera and are .mov videos. The file type isn't compatible with WMM. Is there a way to convert my videos to the appropriate file type? If so, how?

Thanks in advance. B)

Now the videos... I had the same problem but I Googled and found a .mov converter. Just click Free download. WMM is compatible with .avi and .wmv. There's more, I just can't remember them. ;]

The converter can convert audio too! So just find the iTunes song you'd like, and convert it to .mp3.

Good luck!

Now the videos... I had the same problem but I Googled and found a .mov converter. Just click Free download. WMM is compatible with .avi and .wmv. There's more, I just can't remember them. ;]
The converter can convert audio too! So just find the iTunes song you'd like, and convert it to .mp3.

Good luck!
That's what I would reccommend, but all my mp3s and movie files are .avi. So I don't have any of that trouble :D

^ Lucky. x3

I could make a picture walkthrough on how to convert if you're having trouble, Katie. Just let me know and I'll PM you or something.

Try Krystal's idea. If it doesn't work, what I always do is open up iTunes and click the narration button (under Tools) in WMM and once the narration has started I just play the iTunes song.

(Also.. in case you wanted to upload it to Youtube, don't just click "save as... ___" youtube doesn't load those files. click "publish to... this computer" .. just in case you wanted to put anything on youtube in the future, or you didn't know)

[SIZE=7pt]EDIT- typo[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
iTunes can't import to WMM. I have a special program that can import it so I'm not sure what to tell you. You could try downloading MP3s of songs and then import.

It won't kill my computer, will it? No viruses?

And the Free Download... is it just a free TRIAL, or is it a completely free version?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back