would this betray my true religeon?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doglover10

Reaction score
ok i was surfing the web and looking up stuff about witches (ha i think its funny that people think they actually exist and have ACCUAL "spell books") and i came across a page about a religeon called 'wicca' (the way they were discribing it it soundid like more of a cult O.O) and anyway they had this "spell" were u light up a black candle and resite a spell, then u lite up a green one and ricite a diffrent spell and it suposed to make u forget all of the bad things in your life for an hour, anyway i wanna try it a see if it works but i think id be betraying MY OWN religeon (kathlic)

do u think it would be ok in my religoen to ractace a rituall from a nother religeon?

don't ask us ask someone you really trust

I wouldn't do that...youn really shouldn't if U know your religion is right

I wouldnt if I were you.

Also if you want people to take you seriously, please spell properly.

if i'm not mistaken, wicca is nature-based religion. so practicing would'nt be putting another god before him, technically.

so it kinda depends. kids do stupid stuff all the time, and i'm sure they don't go to hell because of it.

i don't think i would, but it's up to you. god won't smite you with a big shovel if you do [most likely], and you [most likely] wont get uhh........ nothing if you don't.

ok, i am wiccan and my parents, and everyone else in my family is like, different religions. i am the only wicca person in my family. do nothing you feel you have to, talk to your parents about your religion choicfe. you shouldn't have to be forced into a religion because it's the one your parents grew up on or whatever. but, if you aren't sure about the magik thing, don't do it. do more research and stuff. read books, look at a few "speel books" as you call them. do all that stuff and then maybe try some very simple magik. trust me on this, do it with a group of people or something because it's HARD! especially if you're inexperienced.

i also want to add that it looks like you're a bit confused. let me explain this: wicca and witchcraft are different things. doing magik in the wiccan religion is more asking for help from the goddesses and gods. witchcraft is when you do magik for other things. i hope that helps you understand it a little more.

Well, the Bible says not to mess with occultic practices so I'd stay away from it.

Well, you control your life and so if you want to experiment with a new religion go for it. I tried wicca but i dont think its right for me. I plan to try wicca again soon now i have more infomation about it. (Thank you Google)

And i believe as long as you dont go Wicca you wont be betraying and experimenting is how we get the besst out of life so follow your heart and dont do/dont do things because people say to or not to. I think individuality is a key character and giving things ago does that!

Another thing is my friend was a cathiloc and her and her family went Wiccan so i have watched them recite spells and she promises to give me a bit of a run over of it so i can fully understand.

Last edited by a moderator:
I myself am a Wiccan by heart.

Religion is like a box, you are sort of bound to it, but even when it seems taped up, you can grab a scissors and go at it, right? Dont let it confine you. You don't need to change religeon, but to venture out of the box for a while is never a bad thing.

Magic is a complicated thing though, so I wouldn't reccomend it right away.

Extra info I felt like adding:

For all of those who have been saying Wicca isn't witchcraft:

Wicca is a form of Pagan witchcraft. Also, it isn't just doing magic, and spells, rituals, and 'Witchcraft'. There is actually religion to it as well.

I am not going into one of my signature rants, but check out the wiki, if you wish:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wicca

I am offended when people refer to it as other things, I am extremely strict about my religeon.

You don't need to read it, but it is interesting. I would suggest it though.

I wouldn't advise you to.

If it's some cultish spell thing, try not to really.

--my advice

You need to speak with your parents or priest about this and get the exact details of what you should and should not do. Your religion already teaches the answer to your question - I suggest you don't do anything in this area until you learn a bit more abut the restrictions of catholicism and precisely why they are in place. Your authority figures and mentors will know a lot more about this than anyone on a message board, particularly those who don't follow your religion. (I don't say that to put down anyone who's posted - haven't even read the topic all the way through. But really, you shouldn't base your actions on the responses of anyone but those who know you best.)

Please, allow someone you know is wise and trustworthy to help you reach the right decision. Take care.

You need to speak with your parents or priest about this and get the exact details of what you should and should not do. Your religion already teaches the answer to your question - I suggest you don't do anything in this area until you learn a bit more abut the restrictions of catholicism and precisely why they are in place. Your authority figures and mentors will know a lot more about this than anyone on a message board, particularly those who don't follow your religion. (I don't say that to put down anyone who's posted - haven't even read the topic all the way through. But really, you shouldn't base your actions on the responses of anyone but those who know you best.)
Please, allow someone you know is wise and trustworthy to help you reach the right decision. Take care.
Very good advice here- I think this is exactly what you should do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back