Would you Recommend a Tamagotchi Friends?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QueenRita

Reaction score
Hi! I'm looking into getting more Tamagotchi's and I was wondering how much you guys would recommend a Dream Town.

What I like in a Tamagotchi is, a lot of, games. Looking at the Dream Town, there's like, 11? But those are hard for me to find... And then I'm not sure how I feel about normal tamagotchi friends, plus I don't really want to buy another one for the BFF stuff just yet. Friends are SUPER easy to find though, I just. Think I would prefer a Dream Town... Idk. I'll figure it out I guess but I wanted y'alls input too. Ty!

I like them and I would recommend them.

I did like how they had so many different games. They games you play

also can encourage a certain character.

For example, you have a male Tamagotchi, play the spaceship game (robotics), keep

up the good care and you might as well get Mametchi!

I enjoyed playing with mine and I think you will too.

I'm not sure where you should get it, but I know I did spot a few on eBay... Maybe try FaceBook?

I think i saw one on Amazon, I'm tempted to get it, it's about as much as I usually pay for a tamagotchi ($30-$35ish +shipping) but idk if I really want it or if I'm just wanting to collect all the tamagotchi's I can.

Dream Town is awesome!

I highly recommend it!

It makes me so sad that Dream Town is so hard to find nowadays!
I got mine in a Hot Topic, and I never saw them again after purchase date.

I don't have any experience with Friends, personally, but I'm sure it's about the same just with fewer games. Dream Town is just an extension of Friends, so I'm sure you'll enjoy Friends just as much as you would Dream Town!

If you happen to find a Dream Town in a decent price, I think you should go for it!

But otherwise, stick with whatever is more convenient and possible for you. >W< /

I wouldn't, it's easily one of the worst versions. But it depends what you've had experience with.

I've only tried the original Friends, not Dream Town, and I was very disappointed with it. But keep in mind that before that I've had experience with all of the previous English connections (as well as Japanese versions in general, but it's unfair to compare them. I'm not biased with color versions, considering how I play with connections more often anyway)

I think it's only Dream Town that has that many games anyway? Normal Friends has only like, 4 or 6...

Plus there's very little characters, and their growth isn't obvious. And it's kind of clunky in general.

I think it's only Dream Town that has that many games anyway? Normal Friends has only like, 4 or 6...
Yeah it's only the dream town that has so many. idk, I just like the idea of lots of tamas, but I don't really want a v1 connection and for some reason its impossible for me personally to get my hands on a music star like ive been trying to do for a month now. Idk, I'll figure it out I guess.

but idk if I really want it or if I'm just wanting to collect all the tamagotchi's I can.
Have you checked YouTube to see if there's any footage of them in action?

I've sometimes done that when I've been considering a purchase - it gives me a bit of a feel for what to expect.

V1 connection isn't bad imo, it doesn't have a shop but it actually has items, which is neat. But you can only acquire them through connecting.

If you find a good offer for Dream Town then go for it, but I hear they got expensive as of late.

I second Jhud's vote for no. I own the original TF as well as the TF: DT and they're not really that great. The TF: DT is the superior of the two, but it's still pretty lackluster.

My biggest issue with the original TF is the lack of games and the difficulty of raising different characters. I got three Coffretchis in a row before I turned mine off (Coffretchi is the best care female and I kept getting her despite purposely neglecting my TF). The TF: DT seems to fix this because it's easier to obtain different personality types and the amount of care needed to raise certain characters seems to be more balanced.

I'd say that my biggest issue with both versions is the overall quality of the tama. The screen quality is low and the shell is easily scratched. Depending on who you are, this can be easily overlooked or it will be a constant annoyance.

These are all just my opinions though, so it's really up to you on whether or not you choose to buy a TF/TF: DT.

Have you checked YouTube to see if there's any footage of them in action?

I've sometimes done that when I've been considering a purchase - it gives me a bit of a feel for what to expect.
That's usually what I do before I even post a TamaTalk question honestly.

V1 connection isn't bad imo, it doesn't have a shop but it actually has items, which is neat. But you can only acquire them through connecting.
Yeah, I don't really know how I feel about having 2 of the same version just for the sake of full gameplay. I know I need that for my M!Xes but I bought an Anni for the sole purpose of not needing to do that. Maybe when I get more steady with my money though and am in a better spot to Seriously Collect i'll consider getting more than just one type of each tama I get interested and invested in.

I second Jhud's vote for no. I own the original TF as well as the TF: DT and they're not really that great. The TF: DT is the superior of the two, but it's still pretty lackluster.

My biggest issue with the original TF is the lack of games and the difficulty of raising different characters. I got three Coffretchis in a row before I turned mine off (Coffretchi is the best care female and I kept getting her despite purposely neglecting my TF). The TF: DT seems to fix this because it's easier to obtain different personality types and the amount of care needed to raise certain characters seems to be more balanced.

I'd say that my biggest issue with both versions is the overall quality of the tama. The screen quality is low and the shell is easily scratched. Depending on who you are, this can be easily overlooked or it will be a constant annoyance.

These are all just my opinions though, so it's really up to you on whether or not you choose to buy a TF/TF: DT.
Mm.. I dunno, I feel like my biggest issue is if I can even see the screen or not. V5's are so dark, I love the concept to death but it's too much of a hassle for me. Other than that I think I'll put the idea to rest, keep it in the back of my mind perhaps but not in the forefront. Maybe later on I'll consider one when I decide I really want to try each kind of Tama but, for now I think I'll set it aside and stick to connections and my 2 M!Xes.

Thanks everyone! :wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back