Your almost at death stories.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have one that i can never ever ever forget...

(Me and my big sister Raven were walking our dog Buster--remember this, its important)That time was when my HUGE next door neighbors dog (my next door neighbor one time came out with a bat about to beat our dogs for barking, but when he saw my big sister, he went inside immediately)

Either way, my next door neighbors HUGE dog named Smokey went at it. He ran full speed at me when I was about 6 or 7, he was barking and growling. but luckily, my life save, my amazing dog Buster (May he rest in peace <:''''( ) he jumped in front of me and lunged at Smokey (NOTE: Buster was half the size of Smokey) and started growling at barking and everything else a mad dog does x'D Either way, it left Smokey walking off, tail between his legs, very mad that he had lost the battle. I cant remember much other than that, other than me hugging Buster and crying x'''D

Well thats my near death experience, lol xD

Dont wanna spam, so I'll make this short: my cat Gimpy scared me half to death by growling and hissing and walking REALLY FREAKING SLOW --she could pounce at any moment-- at me, and I was crying, but then my big sister Raven came and she got scratched.

My cats near death experience was when she escaped outside to where our dogs, not knowing what they were doing, went at her and chased her under our RV where she practically got surrounded by our dogs trying to kill her. I heard my big sis screaming, and got out of my Dad's car (We just arrived there) and I ran over and we ran inside, kicking the dogs off us. But to this day our cat Berbethian, is perfectly fine, and I think she learned something that day, never to go outside EVER again.

Then if you read my very old status updates, I posted about my beloved cat named Gamzee...they are still alive to this day! ^W^

Well thats about it...all involve animals x'D

//T.A

When I was 8 or 9 months old, I got his diesese called meningitis (a spinal cord diesese or something) My mom said I screamed and cried everytime I even moved an inch D: I had to get shots everyday in my back and some other stuff to get cured. Meningitis is a very deadly diesese....

The worst disease I've had is something that isn't serious at all where you get spots that need cream putting on. Second is a common vomiting thing almost everyone in my class got. Third is a cold. Fourth doesn't exist, those are the only illnesses I've ever had.

As for injuries, I've got grazes on both knees (one from rocks in the sea in New Zealand, the other from tripping over at school) but nothing life-threatening, and I've never needed to go to hospital. I guess I'm lucky, judging by everyone's stories here.

One time, I almost stuck a knife in the toaster because there was a piece of toast lodged in there, then my mom saw and screamed at me, saying I would have been electrocuted. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe you don't know this, but Beados (dunno if you heard of them) used to be called Bindeez and actually contained a very poisonous ingredient. Children who swallowed them got sent to hospital and some even died. I accidentally chewed on one and got really ill for the next two days... but I LIVED!
I ate Bindiez as well WHEN I WAS 6 Lol. My cousin use to play with them and create and I thought she was making puppy lollies out of tiny lollies so I grabbed a handful and she's like HEY GIVE THEM BACK and I shoved them in my mouth so my auntie took me to the medical centre 5km away BUT I SURVIVED:D

When I was 6, while I was going home, my friend hit my head with scissor 3 times !!!!! And there's a hole on my head !!!! Luckily, my mom put some ice cubes on my head and called doctor.

I don't know if this could've killed me but when I was nine a saw my uncles beer and I thought it was soda. When I finished it I felt light headed and I was raced to hospital. When I came out, I learnt my lesson not to drink anything you see, like kuchipatchi lol

I has this big plush unicorn at my Grandma's house (but it's gone now), and I was 5-6 years old. I put the big unicorn right near the stairs, and I got onto its back and tried to ride it down the stairs. It scooted once, but then I tried again and it stopped, and I was rolling down the stairs like a bowling ball hitting pins. I hit the table, and my mom and my grandma heard a big thud, and I told my mom, "I was like a bowling ball, Mommy!" then I started crying.

Lucky enough that my head wasn't damaged badly.

Oh and once I almost fell out of my dads office when I saw a plane I leaned over the window and nearly fell, that's why I have a fear of leaning on windows

I once ran out in front of a car, on a snowy road, when I was younger and trying to deliver papers for a route. I was so focused on what was just across the road, that I stepped off of the curb and ran out into the street without looking both ways through the blizzard weather first. Yeah. Let's just say that all of a sudden, there was a car literally RIGHT beside me, and they were luckily able to stop just in time and my mom apologized for me. |D I was probably about 9.

More recently, I was waiting at the side of the road for traffic to pass so that I could run across the road, and not go just like 50 metres up the sidewalk to the pedestrian crosswalk, because it was cold and I was impatient and I just didn't really feel like waiting. The traffic at the light to my right had a red light. I'm not really sure why I waited so much, but in the time I hesitated the light for the OTHER intersection turned yellow.

Well.

Some dude on a bike blasted across the road. Well, I saw this guy, and thought, "Hey, if he can go, then I can go too!" and I totally thought that I could make it, so, as the light for the traffic just about 50 metres to my right turned green, I started to run across the road...

And, suddenly, traffic was advancing towards me at an alarming speed. I literally sprinted across that road for dear life. I just prayed that I didn't trip! I stepped onto the curb at the other side just as a car whizzed past me to my behind, and I thanked God for my intense, crazy luck: that I hadn't tripped, that the other traffic hadn't been accelerating faster, and that I'd had the good sense to not hesitate or anything else silly like that as I was halfway across the road. I was 16 then. Hey, but we all do stupid things at 16, right?

I've also been learning how to drive, and, oh, the near-death stories I can tell from all of my time of about 10 months behind the driver's seat... ^_^ ;

One time, I almost stuck a knife in the toaster because there was a piece of toast lodged in there, then my mom saw and screamed at me, saying I would have been electrocuted. :eek:
Crap, really?! o_O; I'm always sticking forks into the bread toaster (once it's off, of course) because my bagel always gets stuck in there!!! >_>;

When I was just a little baby, I almost died from pneumonia. The doctors said I wouldn't make it but here I am, thirteen years later and none the worse for wear. :)

My boyfriend bought me a mini Hookah for my birthday but it was second-hand and looked dirty, so he cleaned it with bleach, but some of it must have got stuck in the mechanics of it because I was just smoking it and I tasted something weird and 10 minutes later I started coughing up blood ;n;. I got took to hospital and I'm fine but it screwed my throat and made my voice really quiet, and it hurts talking for extended periods of time.

Earlier this year, I was at gymnastics doing a giant (

//www.tamatalk.com/IB/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png) on the bars. My coach was standing under the bar.Unfortunately, I accidentally let go of the bar right before I made it over the bar, and I was falling headfirst toward the ground. Luckily, my coach made a huge dive/roll thing and flipped me over so I landed on my butt on the mat. I just now started doing giants again, with a big spot over a foam pit. :p

when i was born the umbilical cord was wrapped around my neck and i almost choked

also my friend thought it would be a funny idea to push me into the 7 foot side of the pool. Back then, I couldn't swim, so i just flailed around and sunk to the bottom. The lifeguards didn't care so i sunk to the bottom and my friend had to rescue me. I was coughing water and it was terrible.

also my brother said when i was little i was dropped outside and a nail went through my skull so i was rushed to the hospital and they took it out and i still have a tiny piece of brain missing from it. (my brother makes things up all the time so im not sure if this is true or not)

When I was 4 or 5, my dad was teaching me how to ride my bike and was also teaching my brother so he went in the garage to help my brother with his bike and I was on a bit of a hill so my bike started to go backwards and I didn't know how to use the brakes so I got to the edge of a steep hill and then I fell down the hill, and into a bush of poison ivy. Luckily my dad realized I was gone a minute later and found me. My foot was bleeding a lot and my arm was really puffy from the poison ivy, though luckily after a week at the hospital and a dozen tests (the doctors though I got this rare disease but my parents discovered I was just allergic to the poison ivy) I was healthy :3

Also when I was 6 I was playing dolls and my brother was playing with his action figures with me and I was using this thing that was attached to a little drawer that was on top of a bigger drawer, and I was tugging on it too hard (I know I'm really bad at explaining it) and it fell, then the little drawer fell on my head. It really hurt, and I went to my dad and told him. He looked at my head and said "OH MY GAWD IT'S BLEEDING!" so we went to the hospital and I had to get stitches, (like 4) but they didn't hurt at all.

This isn't really an almost death story but a few months ago my mom was using the furnace for something, and a half hour or hour later she started to smell some weird gas and I smelled it too, luckily I remembered that she used the furnace and told her she could've left it on, and it was! She said we could've all died because it was a gas leak or something like that :p though I'm not sure if she was just messing with me

A year ago I was at school in the library and I got so sidetracked I realized that school day ended and my bus was about to leave so I quickly packed my stuff and ran outside. I saw that the buses were starting to drive away and I saw my bus. I screamed "WAIT! WAIT FOR ME!!" I was running towards it and didn't even realize I was about to jump in front of it and get run over when a teacher stopped me and was like "NEVER jump in front of a bus!" she told the bus driver to stop and I luckily made my bus, and didn't get run over ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
I was 4 and i was at a lake and i slipped and my mom said i almost drowned. I also got hit by a car going 5mph when i was almost 15 cuz i was ealking in the crosswalk ans the light turned green for him and he didnt see me....

When I was 2, I was in a major car accident. I would have died if the driver of the other car had even smashed a foot further to the left.

Seventh grade, caught salmonella in my bloodstream, likely from lizard urine (no idea how, honest!), was out of school for three weeks, ended up going to the emergency room. The doctors saved my life.

When I was 15, I tried killing myself 6 times, pills, knife, jumping off the roof, that sort of dumb stuff. (I am very hard to kill, so I've learned) I went to rehab though and I'm better :)
Good for you! I had self harmed for a while but I tried really hard to stop because I knew people cared for me. I tried really hard to stop my friends from doing it to and they did. I did a lot for them and I might have saved their lifes...fewf haha

When I was five I was playing in our driveway when a large dog jumped on me and started mauling me. My german shepherd, Dingo showed up and defended me. He attacked the dog and drove it off. My head was pouring blood and I had to get a bunch of stitches. But if Dingo hadn't intervened on my behalf the dog probably would have killed me.

When I was seven I made friends with a neighborhood dog named Skeets. Skeets was half wolf and he followed me everywhere. Every afternoon when my mom came home from work Skeets was there to greet her. Once I got stung by a bee and sat down crying. Skeets started circling me protectively. Our neighbor had a vicious chow dog. My friends and I were terrified of the thing because every time we passed by it's house. It would bark and snarl at us and pull on it's chain in an attempt to get at us. Then one day he made the mistake of doing it when Skeets was with us. I saw the wild wolf come out of this sweet gentle dog that day. Skeet's protective instincts kicked into high gear. He tore into the chow. He would have killed it had the owner not come out and started yelling.

When I was eight my cousin and I decided to walk the five miles or so to K Mart where my mom worked. We had to cross a busy highway to get there. We were running across a busy highway when I started to fall. Then something caught me. I felt something stop me from falling, like an invisible being had steadied me. I managed to get across the highway safely after that.

Most are near-drowings in my aunts pool when I was little, but once a car almost crashed into us when we were leaving from my cousin's hockey game!!!! o_o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back