Your reasons for getting uninterested in tamagotchis?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I lost interest in all virtual pets for a few years. Not just Tamagotchi, but Aibo, Poo-Chi, Furby and pretty much every other VPet I was into. I'm not sure why even now. Even though I'm back into this kind of stuff my interests are way more limited than they used to be. For one thing I only collect dog VPets now even though I still respect Tamagotchi, Furby and other VPets. I love the idea of virtual pets in general, but as dogs are my favorite real life pet ( actually the only real life pet worth having to me ) so too are they my favorite virtual pet.

I still wish I knew why I lost interest in this stuff for years. It's like the years between the time I gave up VPets and the time I got back into them are a blur.

i honestly dont even know why i lost interest in tamas 0.o i had a BUNCH of tamas back then i used to have a clear v4 a flame v4.5 and a v3. im sure i had more but i dont remember. but the batteries were a pain-_- and i guess i just got older and grew out of them.. they were "in" when i was in 4th grade and i stopped using them probably at the end of 4th. i recently found them and now im using a v5, v6 and a v4 im gonna try getting the tama-go:] i also have a scratched up v5

My first Tamagotchi was a V1 I bought in grade 10, back in 2005. I think it lasted a month or so before being shelved. Life was just crazy back then; school and coursework, spending time with friends, having to work after school, trying to maintain somewhat of a relationship with my family, trying to stay out of trouble. I'm much better off now. I can organize my free-time better, and I'm more aware of my responsibilities and ability to handle stress. I just got back into Tamas about a month ago, and in all honesty, as a university student, I have a way easier time looking after my Tamas as opposed to 6 years ago. Being a teenager is hard enough on it's own. That's life.

I don't know why. I guess I just got tired of my V4 when I was younger. Now I know I can't run it for more than a few generations because I always end up getting the same adults, and considering that was the only Tama I have, no wonder I couldn't stay into them for more than a few months. I barely knew about Tamatalk, so I didn't really even know there were different Tamas out there until I started getting more and can switch from Tama to Tama now. :)

I had to dump it when my exams came, now I don't feel like going back into it.

Quite a shame, I spent a bunch of money on it...

Maybe I'll get into it later on

(and lol, I got distracted by Sims as well...)

I guess there were two words that made me lose interest in Tamas, at least temporarily: School and ponies.

I had to dump them when the summer holidays ended. This was my decision,since I was running a high maintenance Music Star and didn't want rubbish characters. In my holidays,I also discovered the wonderful world of Equestria. If I wasn't into MLP,I would be running at least my V3 now.

I haven't lost interest recently but I came back and I don't know why. But this time I'm here to stay! I lost interest because I got caught up in my DSi and I got bored.
smile.gif
I see what you mean. I got a DSi for Christmas, and I love the fact you can download stuff and I'm allowed to download ANYTHING I WANT because my dad applied Parental Controls so there wasn't anything innpropriate! I'm currently hooked on a dolphin virtual pet game and it's already starting to get me back into dolphins (my previous obsession and all-time favourite animal).

I only took two breaks from Tamas: Once when I was six, I got my first Tama when I was 5. My first character, Sky the Memetchi, died on my sixth birthday, and since the instructions I got were in Spanish, I had no idea how to reset. I came back to Tamas when I was eight, and at about the same time, I got my first computer so I joined TamaTalk. Being too young to join a forum site, I totally messed up and got into trouble. I somehow got accused of being a TamaTown hacker (I was definitely not, I would never hack!) and quickly became very unpopular, so I quit the site, then quit Tamas. It didn't last very long though, because I came back to Tamas and TamaTalk when I was 9, and now I am 10 (eleven in 5 months :) ) and have been into Tamas for the longest yet! Even though right now I'm paying more attention to my guinea pig and DSi than my V5...my guinea pig's sitting on my lap right now...

~ Dazzmina ~

I only just recently got back into them. I lost interest because school and practice exams were getting in my way, but now that I'm on holiday i can start playing with again. Although my final NCEA exams are next week and i have being studying really hard for them and haven't had the time to start up a tama
sad.gif

I will be starting one up probably tomorrow, as i miss playing with them sooooooo much! Then i can get back into logging and tamatown.

So basically the main reason why i lose interest is because of school. I also tend to drift in and out of interest with tamas, i don't know why. But I'm back into them now and probably will be for a while!

Sakura-San123 <3
NCEA? So you must be a kiwi too xDD Anyways, when I lose interest, it's when my tamas' batteries die and I don't have any new ones, so they just end up sitting there until I get new batteries.

I usually lose interest because I get lazy and don't feel like taking care of them, and/or I misplace them and I don't feel like finding them, or I get interested in other things. I recently got back into tamas too

I have never ever, NEVER gotten interested in ANYTHING else besides Tamagotchi ever since 2005. Not for a moment. There's nothing else AT ALL that takes my interest and it's been that way for years. I give them my full attention at all times and my love hasn't faltered. Sure, when I get a character I've already had 10,000 times like Tarakotchi :tarakotchi: I take the battery out, but then I immediately put it in another version. One day I hope to have the biggest collection ever. I love Tamagotchi more than anything else and have never gotten uninterested even after six years. People who are on this site but think Tamagotchis suck...well, suck themselves! The characters are cute and the concept is fun. It beats Pokemon, that's for sure. <_<

I love Tamagotchis so much... but once I have enough points (maybe 2000) to buy all the items I want, I just buy items at the shop. That is eventually what happens. I only check on my Tamas evey hour and I just clean up poo, heal, give food, maybe play a game, go to the shop, go on a spree, then I leave it alone until the shop changes again... pretty horrible, huh? But right now I'm so busy... writing high school applications, midterms, and my pets. It used to be a dog, cat, and 2 birds, but over the summer I got 2 goldfish, another cat, I got a betta fish last month, and I got a horse over the summer....she keeps me busy. I board her for free (the benefits of owning an abandoned horse at a low-rated stable...mostly because the people who boarded their horses there couldn't leave them there for their whole lives and the horses wouldn't be locked up in stalls.... it's called natural horsemanship people! The horses have free choice to go in the stalls when they want to... sometimes 3 or 4 horses go in one stall lol...The horses are well-fed, clean, and loved, but I don't understand why people hate the owner so much... oh, and if you board or adopt a horse from there, you MUST use natural horsemanship.. I'm getting off-topic!!!) and I usually spend 2 hours a day with her during the week, but over the weekends it's 3 or 4, and over the summer I spend up to 8 hours with her...maybe more. And I'm also upgrading my goldfish tank to 40 gallons (with more fish) meaning more care and money, and getting a German Shepherd or Weimeraner puppy, so they'll be tagging along with me at the barn so less time for Tamas... Also I go in and out with interest. It's weird.

I've lost interest in Tamas because of I've found a land called Equestria, and I got my Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time in the mail not too long ago.

Besides, the Tamagotchi fan juice was oozing away slowly during the couple of months I was gone.

I cannot really think of any reasons for becoming uninterested in Tamas. Even if there are other things that someone enjoys more, they can still have many different interests, including Tamas. :)

I don't get "uninterested" per se. I just have a phase where I get bored of them or I have other things to do, and don't have the time to take care of my tamas.

My loss of interest was due to the fact that I was just a 6 year old, and it became hard for me to take care of Tama's. They taught me responsibility, I see now, and recently I have gotten back into the tamagotchi's and Tama-Go's. I am SO glad I did! :D

are the best toy in the world, is the best that Bandai has done, hopefully not disappoint usBandai, and the follow tamagotchis doing better than ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back