Youtube gets sued

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you think this is bad?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I don't think they did allow that. But then again, they are getting sued. I wonder if they did. But I have no doubts they did say you can't.Ahh! Dizzy!!!!!
well music is copyrighted.

so if you play music in the background thats not TOTALY yours, its violating copyright.

EDIT: the only thing i found looking up youtube sued on google was this topic

EDIT ON EDIT: actualy there was some other ones about getting sued by UTube- or Universal Tube, they lost buisness or something, nd something bout Coke.

i donno

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a double sided story :gozarutchi:

On The Defensive side:

It wasn't youtube who posted the innapropriate images.

On the Offensive side:

Youtube should not allow such innapropriate content, maybe they should create a filter.

Companies have no reason to sue YouTube. They do have a reason to sue the members though.
-Kuchipatchi-
I agree. It's not Youtube that's making the video. Is the members...

And Google buying Youtube is kinda old news...no offense.

This is a double sided story :gozarutchi:
On The Defensive side:

It wasn't youtube who posted the innapropriate images.

On the Offensive side:

Youtube should not allow such innapropriate content, maybe they should create a filter.
its not automaticly uploaded.

if my friend is correct, people look at it first, then give the OK and its on.

according to him, it takes 6 hours or so for it to be posted so you can see it.

Lots of company are suing Youtube because they make videos without permission
For Example: You have made a video about Rugrats,and Nickelodeon is going to fine you because you made the video without Nick's permission.

Other news:

YouTube just got bought by Google. Also on the news one day,high schoolers made a dirty video on YouTube and were put in jail. It was removed due to the content of the video. :huh:

Do you think Youtube getting sued is bad or not bad?
A Simpsons video was removed because someone didn't have permission too. Also, in my province someone found a tape on YouTube and the person was a polie officer and he found out who commited a crime! And the NHL made a deal with YouTube, so now they show higlights of NHL games and stuff like goals of the week.

hehe... I like youtube a tiny... some viedos are nasty,dirty,or just wrong. others....well... ARE FUNNY!!! Like my famouse Elmo falling down the stairs...

they should screen the bad videos and keep the good ones

(by bad i mean perverted)

Sueing Youtube because of copyrighted material is really ridiculous. Youtube cannot hand-filter so many videos, and they can't use an auto-filter because it couldn't do a good job. Wouldn't it be good advertising if a TV show clip or trailer or whatever was shown on Youtube? I really don't see what's getting them all worked up, because Youtube really can't do anything about it.

~Mimitchilover

Thinking of the subject now.. I'm not too surprised. Like, alot of companies are really strict about their property and they don't want it to be displayed everywhere over the internet and in school plays. And on YouTube. there's so many of those videos. B)

I think that anyone who puts a video from another company on there should ask them first, or maybe acknowledge the company in the video, so that the viewers know it's theirs. :D

I think YouTube should be sued, and it shouldn't exisist.

My reasons: You have no idea what you're clicking at. It could be a internet pop-up where something scares you (I've seen 3 of those on YouTube), and you could be making/ downloading illegal stuff that you don't know that it is illegal.

I just seriously don't like it. I hope I didn't offend anyone.

Alimania

Youtube is responsibale beacuse they allow people to put copyrighte stuff on there

There should be A moderator or something on there to look at videos and see if they are appropriate,But if YouTube did get shut Down,That would be unfair on the members who are obeying (sp?) The rules,So they should just get rid of the people who have done the inapropriate Videos.

-fp :D

Lots of company are suing Youtube because they make videos without permission
For Example: You have made a video about Rugrats,and Nickelodeon is going to fine you because you made the video without Nick's permission.

Other news:

YouTube just got bought by Google. Also on the news one day,high schoolers made a dirty video on YouTube and were put in jail. It was removed due to the content of the video. ;)

Do you think Youtube getting sued is bad or not bad?
I think YouTube deserves to be sued for the reasons you said. Also I've been seeing a lot of Avatar AMV's that have been deleted because the makers didn't get Nickelodeon's permission.

Yea, I heard about this on the news. 2 girls where fighting with this 1 girl that was younger than them, and they started abusing her, and they posted it on Youtube, (how stupid of them) and those 2 girls got sent to Juvi :angry:

I would have to say "yes but then no" because they deserve it, people never ask them..so they should just delete them or something, all I do is listen to music. I agree with Tenniswinner

Its the same with Myspace, they upload movies that haven't even come out of the theater! Like Happy Feet! :blink:

-NINJA

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back