Youtube gets sued

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you think this is bad?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm kind of mad and kind of not about You Tube being sued.

Mad because: I watch bratz videos there :blink: .

Happy because: There is so much cursing and innapropriate videos there and some will no longer be allowed to be watched :angry: .

Bumped, by over a month! Please don't bump; Check the topic date before you post, even if its only on the second page. If its on the fifth, on the other hand, don't reply unless its been under two weeks since the last post date.

The company has nothing to do with this, but the members who post the stuff should be sued because they're the ones who put the content up there.

I think youtube should check the videos before they go up on the web because if they did that they wouldn't be getting all these complaints of bad videos.

Let's be realistic here. Can YouTube be held responsible for EVERY video that is uploaded every day? No, since you'd need the entire population of a small city to filter, watch, and moderate, EACH AND EVERY video that is placed on that site in a DAY. And that's with all those people working 24/7. THAT many videos are uploaded in a day. And it's just not possible to filter THAT many videos, since having that many people would be a LOT of money to shell out.

The main problem you all think is a problem is that YouTube allows copyrighten material. Excuse me, but it is written each time you upload a video that YOU are responsible for the content of that video, not YouTube. By joining YouTube, you become held in place by the Terms of Service, which nullifies YouTube from having ANY affiliation with the videos you upload. This means, they CANNOT be held accountable since YOU uploaded the video.

This is IN the ToS of YouTube. This makes sure that YouTube is protected. Otherwise, all that anime you all watch for free, which is licensed, would all be deleted. If they COULD be held accountable, they would be filtering a LOT more videos coming in, and the videos you and I watch would move from many new ones daily, to possibly one or two a day.

In short, YouTube CANNOT be held accountable due to their own rules and guidelines that the uploaders agreed to upon joining. The most you can get from them, is an apology, the video deleted, and the person responsible banned from YouTube.

If they are being sued... Bye-bye even having a chance of people hearing me sing.

I really don't want YouTube to be sued...

I was going to brodcast myself and I find it really entertaining.

Except... The messed up Tamagotchi video.

When I saw that video I think I almost had a heart attack.

In my opinion YouTube should have to go through every video and check for scary and perverted ones.

If they are being sued... Bye-bye even having a chance of people hearing me sing.I really don't want YouTube to be sued...

I was going to brodcast myself and I find it really entertaining.

Except... The messed up Tamagotchi video.

When I saw that video I think I almost had a heart attack.

In my opinion YouTube should have to go through every video and check for scary and perverted ones.
Yes that's what I thought too, but after what Yaecia said it is true that checking ALL videos that are uploaded by THOUSANDS of people would take a 24/7 job.

I'll be pretty dissapointed it Youtube shuts down too, that's where I go to watch music videos if I missed them.

Well, this topic was kind of dead, but I guess I'll still give my two cents - it's interesting and relevant!

Apparently in the light of the said suing and other law related tumult, youtube plans on paying the users that provide original content. This means that people who submit stuff they made as opposed to pirated music and movies get payed for offering original material.

Read about it here.

Also, YouTube can take a hit. It's been bought out by google as you know and has some serious financial muscle now.

Youtube will not shut down. Look at Bit torrent - it's offered free full length, hi def movies and music since it's birth and bittorrent.com is only just now going legal while thousands of other tracker sites continue to offer free, albeit illegal, warez.

As Yaecia noted, YouTube can't stop every single piece of copyrighted material from being uploaded, which is why they are now offering incentives for people to provide original material.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of company are suing Youtube because they make videos without permission
For Example: You have made a video about Rugrats,and Nickelodeon is going to fine you because you made the video without Nick's permission.

Other news:

YouTube just got bought by Google. Also on the news one day,high schoolers made a dirty video on YouTube and were put in jail. It was removed due to the content of the video. :ph34r:

Do you think Youtube getting sued is bad or not bad?
That is old no offense. But Viacom (they own Nick) is stupid since all the money form Danny Phantom is going to this program for kids in Uganda (sp?) But Viacom is selfish. I used to see new episodes of Danny Phantom there! :furawatchi: :p I think that this is bad.

Lots of company are suing Youtube because they make videos without permission
For Example: You have made a video about Rugrats,and Nickelodeon is going to fine you because you made the video without Nick's permission.

Other news:

YouTube just got bought by Google. Also on the news one day,high schoolers made a dirty video on YouTube and were put in jail. It was removed due to the content of the video. :furawatchi:

Do you think Youtube getting sued is bad or not bad?
i like youtube but hat u said is true about not asking to use the vidios.i dont want them to be sued but they nedd to ask permision first.

i like youtube but hat u said is true about not asking to use the vidios.i dont want them to be sued but they nedd to ask permision first.
srry about useing

the space i forgot

:furawatchi:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back