Zhu Zhu Pets - Hamsters

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

warriorcat_girl

Reaction score
I'm a person who loves artificial pets (of course, I prefer real pets but because of circumstances, I can't have one). I've owned a 2005 Furby, a newborn Furreal Friends bunny, 2 Aquapets, a talking Pikachu, Nintendogs for the DS, Yume Neko for the DS (Dream Cats DS in English) and several Tamagotchis of course. =) I have to say these robotic hamsters look more fun than my sleepy bunny, and (at the moment) appear to be more durable than furbies.

I think it'd be pricey to get playsets for the hamsters, and besides, the hamsters are the main feature right? Does anybody own one, and if so, can you tell me basically what it does and why you like it (or don't like it).

I'm trying to decide what I'd like for Christmas, haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you post a link to what you're talking about? I'm curious XD

If you do plan to get one, see what it's like before you get the play set. If you think it's fine without, you don't have to worry about having spent extra money on something you don't need.

Hm...heeey if I DO get a couple of these hamsters (depending on whether or not my big brother can find them), I bet I could make some home-made playsets. =D Shoe boxes for rooms, cut some doorways into the sides, and use empty toilet paper rolls that are cut in half and tape them all together, lol. Yeah, that might work.

Hm...heeey if I DO get a couple of these hamsters (depending on whether or not my big brother can find them), I bet I could make some home-made playsets. =D Shoe boxes for rooms, cut some doorways into the sides, and use empty toilet paper rolls that are cut in half and tape them all together, lol. Yeah, that might work.
That's a good idea.

In a way they look like they'd be a bit boring without the play sets unless you were to chase it around the house. I imagine that would get a bit old though x.x;

Ho boy, sure looks like it's pretty hard to find these things. =S They sell out fast! Supposedly you can get them at Walmart for $8 and at Toys'R'Us for $10, but they're bought really fast and lots of vendors sell them online for around $30-$50. Kinda stinks, and this reminds me of when Furby was modified and released in 2005. =/ Everyone wanted one, they were sold out all the time, and they were overpriced (I got a black&white blue-eyed one on sale for $20...stupid thing broke after 2 months of medium use and gentle care! Knew I should've listened to those reviews). Personally, I think I'll be lucky if I even get ONE of the hamsters I want (the yellow one, Pipsqueak :) ).

Just last night I first heard about those, they look awesome. =P

I dont think theyd be very exciting without the tubes because it mainly goes in that and the car. The ball looks really cute though, real hamsters do the same. (randomly crash into walls...)

Yeah I know, they look adorable. =) I watched a video of them though, and they look okay but when you flip them over there's nothing fluffy there, just the battery box and wheels I think. =( I guess it's only sensible to do that, but I was hoping for more cuddly robots ha ha. Maybe I'll get one after Christmas when sales are on. =D

the english doesn't, but the french ones do. the voices sound dumb in french so its a good thing the english ones dont speak xD

Because they sell out fast, what you could do it talk to someone in the toy department of Walmart(because they're cheapest) and ask when their next shipment will be in. Most stores get at least one shipment a week(mine ships Wednesdays).

You could also call and ask if they have any in so you don't waste time going back and forth to the store.

If you have a Target, you might try there as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back