Zits.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

x.Cant//Knit.x

Reaction score
Well I'm pretty sure I've / someone else has made a topic like this before, but it sorta died out.

Anyways---I've started to feel really horrible about this now. As some of you would know, I have a pretty bad problem with acne, and possibly some of you do too. It's driving me insane. I've tried almost everything out there; toothpaste, lemon juice, oats, clearasil, alcohol, tea tree oil, olive oil, ice.. and most recently, an apple diet.. none of these have worked and I'm getting really stressed out now. I'm trying to avoid all those 'drugs', such as accutine (sp?), as I've been told they can make the problem so much worse. And my case seems to be getting worse day by day. D': I do cleanse my face twice a day though, as well as moisturising and exfoliating. :)

So I just wanted to know if you guys have any home remedies or cures for thissss.. or maybe you suffer from the same thing? o: As Katie would say, discuss! xD

Have you tried any products containing salicylic acid in them? I've been told they work best for acne-related problems. I'm not too familiar with Clearasil, but I think they do contain salicylic acid, since they're directed specifically for treating acne and skin problems. Perhaps this site will help you? It'll pretty much give you a basic idea on how acne can be rid of, and you can also submit a quiz where personal advice is given on what you can do to improve your situation. Just drag the cursor to the "Acne info" button on the top of the page, scroll down and select "Personalized advice" to take the quiz. My acne is not too bad, I'll get a pimple once in a while but it won't be anything too noticeable. Whenever I happen to get a pimple, I use Neutrogena's Deep Clean Gentle Scrub. According to another (or was it the same site?) site, humidity and extreme heat can be harsh on people, and I'm afraid that also goes true for Australians. I've also read that fish rich in omega-3 can aid in reducing zits and so can zinc in small doses. This is an article from the above website regarding accutane. Make a judgment call on whether or not you want to go for it, although a visit to the dermatologist is always best.

The best thing to consider is a visit to your dermatologist and unless anyone here is an expert on the subject, there is only so much we can do for you.

I used to have a horrible problem with acne, but thankfully my face has cleared up since then. :)

If you can't find any over the counter products that work for you, it might be time to see a dermatologist. They will address your skin problem personally and help find you a product that will work for your particular skin type.

Have you tried ProActiv? Or a Doctor?

Last edited by a moderator:
Accutane works, but there's severe side effects. Did the apple diet work?

I dont really have acne, except like one or two pimples every now and then.

I suggest useing this right after you shampoo in the shower (but use it in the shower because the steam opens your pore so the product can work better) and also because shampoo clogs your pores, so using it right after would clear your pores. Then after you shower, rub some of this on your acne and also when you wake up in the morning. Both products are really supposed to be for middle-aged people, but I use it and it works great. After a week of doing what I listed above and my skin really cleared up. I sound like an advertisment XD

Also when your not using products, keep your hands off your face. All the bacteria on your hands can cause acne.

I was going to ask my mom about Accutane, but then researched into it a bit more and I never want to try it. Yes, it may take away your acne, but whilst it's doing that, it might make you a hideous monster for the six months you're supposedly meant to have it for. D: It can cause severe damage. O:

Well, as I told Viviene, I went on a non-yeast diet. It has helped. [; But Australian yeast and English yeast might be different. My mom did a whole thingy ma jig and found out about yeast and such, so she put me on a diet of no yeast. [:

I was eating crackers for like, a month or two, before we found out that they had yeast in. xD

So then she prayed for me, and I've been eating bread like every day since and my acne has been clearing up. [x

I used some of that hand sanitiser gel stuff on my face (it seemed logical at the time) an that works, too. 8D

So yes. That's how it went for me. x3

[This is going to be insanely long, sorry!]

Okay, first things first - YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL, KSENIA.

We can all give you a billion tips on how to improve your skin, but the most important thing to remember is not to stress about it ~ you're simply adorable either way. Stress is the main root to zits, so you have to think about them as little as possible. Believe your skin will be clear, use products/methods with confidence, and your skin WILL improve with time.

Acne is a pain, but it's so normal - nine out of ten people suffer from it in some way. Smooth, perfect skin all over is extremely rare, and unachievable for half the population. For most people, spots come while their hormones are still changing, and causing pH unbalances in the skin. Eventually, your skin will figure a way around it and your skin will improve in later years.

As for now, it sounds like you're doing everything right - although cleansing never worked for me. I used cheap drugstore wipes for a long time and actually started breaking out around my forehead and the corners of my nose, until after a little while I switched and chose a more moisturising foam cleanser, and the problem faded a lot. It's so hard to find good products from your skin, but the moisturiser/cleanser you use can sometimes determine whether your skin is healthy or breaking out.

The only real way to find out what products are right for you is by experimenting - branch out and try lots of different things until you find something that’s right for you, although this might burn a bit of a hole in your pocket, so choose products that you can use up relatively quickly to move onto something else. A dermatologist could really help you out here.

A huge factor in clear skin is your basic everyday lifestyle. Drinking eight glasses of water a day, and making sure you get enough sleep (around eight hours per night, if you can) are VITAL to your skin's health. Eat your five-a-day and keep hydrated! You might also want to try all-natural face masks (natural yogurt, oatmeal and honey, for instance) or green tea, or hot water with lemon. All are excellent for you. :)

Just take things slow with your skin, trying out different products and maintaining a healthy lifestyle, occasionally treating yourself with skincare luxuries like face masks. And most importantly, don’t stress! Everyone has their insecurities ~ why not just focus on your good points and love yourself anyway? Spots will fade, but your amazing personality will not.

Stay beautiful <3

Mm, i took a shot with proactiv. It works really well :) unless youre lazy and don't use it every day like you should... oops but if you don't wanna spend that much money.

Feel free to follow Esthers advie. xDD

It really is about your health <3

and yes, you are beautiful!!!

i have a really bad problem with acne, it been the worst, i have broken out several times

my mom says to clean ur face every day so that it will clear up

it hasent worked

but my best advice is to use St.Ives Apricot Scrub heres a pic Click Here to see the pic

it works better, but were out of it, so im out of luck

Last edited by a moderator:
First off Ksenia, Toothpaste?. Doesn't work cuase' it will end up drying up your skin. Like everyone else, I suggest you se a proffessional(Dermatologist) to see what treatment you need. But until then you might want to stay calm ;D .Stress can cause zits -Sometimes ;D -

Kseniaaa, have you tried an asprin mask? Asprin contains BHA (Salicylic acid) which is known to be good for skin problems.

You need to go to the store and buy a box of uncoated asprin tablets or a box of some powdered asprin, and aslso some honey (If you haven't got these things already). Make sure your face is clean, and have your stuffs ready. If you're using the tablets, take 3 tablets and put them on a small plate. Add about 3 drops of water and wait for the tablets to dissolve. If you're using powdered asprin, take out one of the packets. Pour the powder onto a plate and add about one teaspoon of water. Avoid doing this mask in public if you're using powdered asprin, because it looks a bit like a different type of drug xD Mash the tablet/powder into the water so it dissolves faster. Squit a little bit of honey onto the mixture. A few drops should be enough. Mix it all together well with your fingers and then smooth over your face. It should feel gritty, which is good for clearing out your pores and exfoliating your skin. Oh, yeah, try not to get it in your eyes. If you're using powdered asprin, it should feel softer and gentler. Wait 15 minutes. Wash it of with water in a gentle circular motion. Done :)

You should use it about once or twice a weeks and you should start to notice a difference in two weeks

Oh, and BTW, It would be best to use a sunscreen with a factor of 30+ because BHA does make skin more prone to sunburn and stuff.

Have you tried acne medicine?

If it's that bad, I may suggest going to see a dermatologist. They will find the best way to get rid of your acne

I don't have really bad acne, just around my nose and forehead. I use this clean and clear stuff. It works alright. I still have some acne, but hey xD

I only have zits on my forehead, and they're under my bangs so I don't really care 'bout them... My mom does XDDD

Thanks guys for all the ideas and opinions. :)

Esther, I swear, I love you. You just make me feel so much better even though my actual problem isn't yet cured. <3 And yes, I try to stick to all those 'everyday lifestyle choices' that you recommended. ;3 Two serves of fruit and five serves of veggies is like, mega easy for me, since I love them to bits anyway. Water is also tolerable, and I'm trying to work on the sleep. But still, words cannot speak for how grateful I am to you. You're a true friend. ~

Weiwei, no, the apple diet unfortunately didn't work. D: But I guess it's partly my fault as well since I didn't stick to the full three days of the diet, and only managed to complete two successfully. I don't think, especially at this age, that diets are the way to go. But I admire Kendal's determination. xD Keep going Kendallie, and don't give up now. I wish you all the best with your diet also. <3

For the moment I'm not gonna start buying all these creams over the net and just hope that they work. In my opinion, natural is the way to go, or atleast while it's not too severe and I can handle it. If all else fails, I'll consider getting something that maybe one of you guys recommended. :) I'm also considering Beth's remedy, and I've notified Mum about it, she thinks it's fine. :D Maybe I'll tell you guys how it goes if I end up trying it.

And as for the rest of you, thanks for even taking the time to comment. :]

All comments were read and I appreciate everything you guys said. :)

-Ksenia.

Wow, longish post. o: xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back